PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! I_vote_lcapDRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! I_voting_barDRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! I_vote_lcapDRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! I_voting_barDRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!

Go down 
+6
EveningStar505
Metal Dragon
Chaosdragon94
King_Fingolfin
Rokai
TCJacko
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Empty
PostSubject: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 5:23 am

DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!

DRAGONFORCE are among the nominees for the 51th annual Grammy Awards, which will be held on Sunday, February 8, 2009 at Staples Center in Los Angeles. DragonForce's "Hero of Our Time" has been nominated for a Grammy in Best Metal Performance!

Check out the list of nominations here: http://www.grammy.com/grammy_awards/51st_show/list.aspx

For the first time, nominations were announced on prime-time television as part of "The Grammy Nominations Concert Live!! - Countdown To Music's Biggest Night". The one-hour special — broadcast live on CBS from Nokia Theatre L.A Live — featured past Grammy winners and nominees reading nominations in several categories, as well as performing songs from the Grammy Hall Of Fame in celebration of the grand opening of the Grammy Museum.

Grammy ballots for the final round of voting will be mailed on December 17 to the voting members of The Recording Academy. They are due back to the accounting firm Deloitte by January 14, 2009, when they will be tabulated and the results kept secret until the telecast.

The 51st annual Grammy Awards will be broadcast live in high-definition TV and 5.1 surround sound on CBS from 8 to 11:30 p.m. (ET/PT).
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:30 am

Yeah I've heard of this yesterday.
But they won't win.
Too bad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:23 am

Rokai wrote:
Yeah I've heard of this yesterday.
But they won't win.
Too bad.

they are up against metallica, slipknot and judas priest. still, i think they stand a fair chance.
Back to top Go down
King_Fingolfin
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
King_Fingolfin

Male Number of posts : 265
User Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:53 am

I think Judas Priest should win, but Metallica has the best chance. Slipknot better not win...
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:57 am

It's all between Judas Priest and Metallica.
Back to top Go down
Chaosdragon94
Soldier
Soldier
Chaosdragon94

Male Number of posts : 242
User Points : 76
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:46 pm

Yea... DragonForce wont win. Make sure you guys post who wins =)
Back to top Go down
Metal Dragon
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Metal Dragon

Male Number of posts : 373
User Points : 89
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:23 pm

I want Dragonforce to win, but it most likely won't happen. If not, then I want Ministry to win.
Back to top Go down
EveningStar505
Peasant
Peasant
EveningStar505

Male Number of posts : 12
User Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:00 pm

WHEN DO WE FIND OUT WHO WINS :O:O:O:O....... Dragonfroce must win Sad
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:32 am

February 8
Back to top Go down
Metal Dragon
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Metal Dragon

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:15 pm

Metallica has already won so many grammys. The probably won't win again. A Dragonforce grammy will show all the haters whos boss. :fakeguitar:
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:36 am

They have very little chance. Metallica is overrated so they will probably win.

Well, one month and two days left to find out who wins.
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:42 am

im with dragonforce too but i think Judas Priest are going to win the prize. as you have said Metallica have already won many awards. i wouldnt mind if Slipknot won either but if the prize goes to Dragoforce all those haters would shout their mouth! i would really like to see it Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
Metal Dragon
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Metal Dragon

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Slipknot - Psychosocial is good, but not grammy worthy,

Ministry - Under My Thumb was a remake of the Rolling Stones original cover.

Metallica - My Apocolypse was good, but not Metallica's best song.

Don't know anything much about Judas Preist - Nostradamus, except that he's also nominated for best rock performance.

I'm really sure that Dragonforce can win this!
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:26 pm

Looking at some other Grammy nominees I think it would be a shame for DF if they won.
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

Male Number of posts : 605
User Points : 26
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:33 pm

I'm going to up the ante here and say DragonForce SHOULD win, and heres why. Slipknot nor Metallica deserve to when it because even tho they are respected (by some) bands, I dont think either has really played better than they have played before. Slipknot and Metallica have met high critical success in the past, but not as much with these last offerings. Judas Priest(Bullet Train) was nominated in 1999 but was beat out by Metallica(Better Than You). Thou JP's new record went higher longer on Billboard that has not saved them in the past. Ministry's song is a cover, a cover has to be really really good to win. I dont think its going to. Also Judas Priest is nominated twice, DragonForce isn't. Here it is boys: $5 says DragonForce wins it. Devil (I realize thats like $1.47 euro but whatever. pale <--that should be called the US economy smiley)
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:34 pm

Rokai wrote:
Looking at some other Grammy nominees I think it would be a shame for DF if they won.

Oh yeah Coldplay in a rock category? Its bad, I don't even watch.
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 pm

yoshimitsublade13 wrote:
I'm going to up the ante here and say DragonForce SHOULD win, and heres why. Slipknot nor Metallica deserve to when it because even tho they are respected (by some) bands, I dont think either has really played better than they have played before. Slipknot and Metallica have met high critical success in the past, but not as much with these last offerings. Judas Priest(Bullet Train) was nominated in 1999 but was beat out by Metallica(Better Than You). Thou JP's new record went higher longer on Billboard that has not saved them in the past. Ministry's song is a cover, a cover has to be really really good to win. I dont think its going to. Also Judas Priest is nominated twice, DragonForce isn't. Here it is boys: $5 says DragonForce wins it. Devil (I realize thats like $1.47 euro but whatever. pale <--that should be called the US economy smiley)

That last line made me laugh lol!
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:49 pm

Judas Priest is also nominated for Best Hard Rock performance. Their main threats are Disturbed and Motley Crue there.
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:22 pm

That's what I'm talking about. Rock=Metal.
Grammy sucks.
They even give away Grammies for rappers...srsly u guys.
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Rokai wrote:
Grammy sucks.

The Grammys are lame, who votes on that shit. It's just a mainstream award and people make it more important than it is. Do you think DragonForce gives a shit? I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Metal Dragon
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Metal Dragon

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:50 am

yoshimitsublade13 wrote:
Rokai wrote:
Grammy sucks.

The Grammys are lame, who votes on that shit. It's just a mainstream award and people make it more important than it is. Do you think DragonForce gives a shit? I doubt it.

Do you think some haters give a shit? I think so, and this will show them.
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:52 am

Metal Dragon wrote:
yoshimitsublade13 wrote:
Rokai wrote:
Grammy sucks.

Do you think some haters give a shit? I think so, and this will show them.

Exactly. Well said Metal Dragon.
Back to top Go down
Lokimor
Soldier
Soldier
Lokimor

Male Number of posts : 103
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 86
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:02 pm

If Dragonforce ever win the award, it will just give another reason to haters to tell you how commercial and popular Dragonforce is.
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:01 am

Yes that was my point a few posts later. I'd rather they didn't win.
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:13 am

I'd rather they did.

It'll show the haters, and whenever they bad mouth Dragonforce again, we ask them the simple question:

'Who got a grammy for the best metal performance? Was it Dragonforce?'

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!   DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DRAGONFORCE NOMINATED FOR GRAMMY AWARD!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next