PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
I think Old DragonForce was better.. Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
I think Old DragonForce was better.. I_vote_lcapI think Old DragonForce was better.. I_voting_barI think Old DragonForce was better.. I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
I think Old DragonForce was better.. I_vote_lcapI think Old DragonForce was better.. I_voting_barI think Old DragonForce was better.. I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

I think Old DragonForce was better..

Go down 
+7
NightwalkerRicku
PowerMetalLivesOn
Rokai
Thebobert5
King_Fingolfin
balrog
KingSabbath
11 posters
AuthorMessage
KingSabbath
Peasant
Peasant
KingSabbath

Male Number of posts : 2
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-22

I think Old DragonForce was better.. Empty
PostSubject: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 3:37 pm

I do not like Dragonforce anymore, I liked them when they were "DragonHeart".

Sam Totman was a much better guitarist than Herman Li.

Does anyone else agree?
Back to top Go down
balrog
Warrior King
Warrior King
balrog

Male Number of posts : 507
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 40
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 4:35 pm

i agree. valley of the damned is still their best album. all they're new songs sound the exact same
Back to top Go down
http://freewebs.com/hallflukai
King_Fingolfin
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
King_Fingolfin

Male Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 5:24 pm

I wouldn't say they all sound exactly the same. Ultra Beatdown was pretty unique overall compared to their other albums.
also, I thought that they didn't release any albums under the name DragonHeart, and that Herman Li was one of the founders (and therefore never replaced any other guitarist).
scratch
Back to top Go down
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 282
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 8:11 pm

Obvious troll is obvious.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 3:51 am

/b/ on my /b/ favourite forum???

I think Valley of the Damned was more fantasy inspired but Ultra Beatdown is also really good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 3:56 am

well i am a sucker for black winter night Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 4:08 am

i dont think this is true. of course sam totman is awesome but herman li rocks too. besides ultra beatdown doesnt have repetetive pieces. i think now they start their improvement as in the latest video on youtube their live performance was waaay better than back then. anyway it doesnt really matter . Dragonforce will always rock (of course if they wont change their style)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Points : 282

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:48 pm

OH NOES! Clicked on the wrong tab. Been trying to stay away from here this weekend so I can study for a Java quiz. Oh well.........Anywho, I was also under the impression that Dragonforce didn't release any albums under Dragon Heart, and that Herman Li was a founding member. Ergo my previous response. Apparently that is wrong, so I apologize......Now, I must quickly retreat before two minutes turns into six hours on here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
v5vendeta
Traveller
Traveller
v5vendeta

Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 1:38 pm

iv been listening to dragonforce since 06 and i liked their early stuff (votd is still one of their best songs) but i also really like their latest stuff.
Back to top Go down
Chaosdragon94
Soldier
Soldier
Chaosdragon94

Male Number of posts : 242
User Points : 76
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 4:41 pm

Valley of the Damned: Second most unique DragonForce album.
Sonic Firestorm: Nice change up, still unique, songs sounding more similar though.
Inhuman Rampage: Is like Sonic Firestorm, crosses out Sonic Firestorms uniqueness, songs still sounding similar, though as with Sonic Firestorm, less similar than say new age bands like Jonas Brother or Nickleback or Hedley (they all suck, by the way), or hell, even most Power Metal/Heavy Metal bands.
Ultra Beatdown: Most unique album of DragonForce's to date, very unique compared to all other artists, and compared to themselves, no songs sound the same.
Back to top Go down
metaldrummer93
Warrior King
Warrior King
metaldrummer93

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 2:45 am

I think Dragonforce have improved with their latest album. A lot more varied.
As Dragonheart they only recorded a demo of Valley Of The Damned, as far as i know. Steve Scott and Steve Williams left Dragonheart to form Powerquest, with Sam Totman. Sam then left PQ to join Dragonforce. If this is wrong please correct me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jasbmetaldrummer
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:37 am

Metaldrummer: You're right

Chaosdragon: You're right too. And I hate Nickelback.
Back to top Go down
Chaosdragon94
Soldier
Soldier
Chaosdragon94

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:56 pm

metaldrummer93 wrote:
I think Dragonforce have improved with their latest album. A lot more varied.
As Dragonheart they only recorded a demo of Valley Of The Damned, as far as i know. Steve Scott and Steve Williams left Dragonheart to form Powerquest, with Sam Totman. Sam then left PQ to join Dragonforce. If this is wrong please correct me.
Sam never left DragonForce. He just agreed to help produce one album with Power Quest, he never was an official member. I THINK...
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 3:11 am

He was a member from 2001 for two years. At least that's what Wikipedia says.

Beyond the Stars sounds a lot like Black Winter Night. Check it out.
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Points : 228

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:24 am

hey stop talking crap about Dragonforce. They are more talented than they were, so they have made a huge improvement. The Ultra Beatdown songs were unique and amazing, as to was Valley Of The Damned. They are amazing and have always been amazing. I really dont know where Power Metal would be these days without Dragonforce, it seems to me that they are one of the few things keeping it alive, along with the legend of Iron Maiden, and Blind Guardian. They are one of the genres most successful bands, so they should earn far more respect on this forum, please.
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:27 am

TCJacko wrote:
so they should earn far more respect on this forum, please.

i for one, have never bad mouthed DF in any way Horns i listen to them slightly less now but i think people have to be fully aware of just how much i listened to them Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
Chaosdragon94
Soldier
Soldier
Chaosdragon94

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 2:49 pm

TCJacko wrote:
hey stop talking crap about Dragonforce. They are more talented than they were, so they have made a huge improvement. The Ultra Beatdown songs were unique and amazing, as to was Valley Of The Damned. They are amazing and have always been amazing. I really dont know where Power Metal would be these days without Dragonforce, it seems to me that they are one of the few things keeping it alive, along with the legend of Iron Maiden, and Blind Guardian. They are one of the genres most successful bands, so they should earn far more respect on this forum, please.
IRON
MAIDEN
IS
NOT
POWER
METAL
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 3:02 pm

Chaosdragon94 wrote:
TCJacko wrote:
IRON
MAIDEN
IS
NOT
POWER
METAL

ill say it for one more time... everyone has their own opinion!! i believe maiden arent exactly power metal too but i keep it for mself. its a great band and thats what matters even if it is power metal or not. you dont have to post all the time about your argument
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
Chaosdragon94
Soldier
Soldier
Chaosdragon94

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:13 pm

NightwalkerRicku wrote:
Chaosdragon94 wrote:
TCJacko wrote:
IRON
MAIDEN
IS
NOT
POWER
METAL

ill say it for one more time... everyone has their own opinion!! i believe maiden arent exactly power metal too but i keep it for mself. its a great band and thats what matters even if it is power metal or not. you dont have to post all the time about your argument
They're not power metal.
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Points : 228

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:11 am

Chaosdragon94 wrote:
NightwalkerRicku wrote:
Chaosdragon94 wrote:
TCJacko wrote:
IRON
MAIDEN
IS
NOT
POWER
METAL

They're not power metal.

They are (or in my opinion) an early form of Power Metal. I think without Maiden in time, a lot of Power Metal bands wouldn't be here, perhaps Dragonforce for example, since they influenced a lot by Maiden, but also took influence from Slayer and Journey.
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 6:21 am

I don't see why Maiden can be Power/Heavy Metal.
Lots of bands are categorized in two or three genres.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think Old DragonForce was better..   I think Old DragonForce was better.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think Old DragonForce was better..
Page 1 of 1