PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 I_vote_lcapLet's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 I_voting_barLet's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 I_vote_lcapLet's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 I_voting_barLet's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.

Go down 
+7
Vggamegod
PowerMetalLivesOn
jung159
Thebobert5
Gurther
WinterSon
AJ190
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Should we wit to do work with this band until we move to the new server?
Yes.
Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap67%Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
No.
Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap33%Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

Male Number of posts : 331
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 338
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:53 am

AJ190 wrote:
I'm sure they'll love a band whose members have never met. Razz

Damn, you're right... But that'll change when we start touring, won't it? Razz
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:01 am

I've written the lyrics to our single!

One who speaks
One who hears
Is the fool and the wiseman!

(5 minute instrumental solo)

End

Pwn.
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

Male Number of posts : 334
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 388
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:08 am

Interesting.
We now have two songs.
WinterSon, can you make the chorus for our first one?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/yesitsaj
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:14 am

I can tell that the second song won't be featuring much of me. lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:16 am

In the second song: bass solo too?! Very Happy :o
Back to top Go down
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 282
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:46 am

No. It defiantly needs to be a five minute electric cow bell solo.
Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Cowbell
OH! How about I pick up one of those rings that Herman Li uses....You know, so I don't have to physically hit the bell.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:04 pm

Thebobert5 wrote:
No. It defiantly needs to be a five minute electric cow bell solo.
Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Cowbell
OH! How about I pick up one of those rings that Herman Li uses....You know, so I don't have to physically hit the bell.

Oh no, we want you to look like that guy!

You'd definitively make the perfect frontman Smile Singers as frontmen are part of the old generation... Welcome the cowbeller to the frontman's spot!
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:10 pm

Thank you for this thread, for it has just made the most activity this forum has received in a long time. Very Happy

Anyways, i'm switching to Tony MacAlpine status.

I am a simultaneous guitarist and keyboardist!
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:21 pm

WinterSon wrote:
Thank you for this thread, for it has just made the most activity this forum has received in a long time. Very Happy

Anyways, i'm switching to Tony MacAlpine status.

I am a simultaneous guitarist and keyboardist!

Great! Can you play 2 guitars + a keyboard at the same time? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:40 pm

This is how he does it.

The other hand is used for the keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:44 pm

Thebobert5 wrote:
This is how he does it.

The other hand is used for the keyboard.

I don't like this idea...
Back to top Go down
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:50 pm

You don't like slap bass?
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:05 pm

WinterSon wrote:

that is very, very true. Gosh, posts are coming in to the forum every minute at the moment
Back to top Go down
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:10 pm

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:
WinterSon wrote:

that is very, very true. Gosh, posts are coming in to the forum every minute at the moment

You don't like that? I'm used to worse honestly... On the Edguy forum, sometimes there's a post ever 15 seconds (that's more than I can reply to, since the flood control is at 30 seconds...)

Maybe it'll become like that here? Razz
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:17 pm

no no, it's great... would be awesome if it became like that here. Also, back in December we had a competition where 'Metaldrummer93' offered signed stuff etc from his personal collection, and mailed it to the winner. We did a quiz and the quickest person to answer won. We did 2 competitions before it was disbanded due to lack of participation.
I won the first one and 'TCJacko' won the second.

I won a couple of vinyls and a signed Alestorm Bloodstock signing card. You should have seen the forum that night. Unbelievable, because everyone was racing eachother.
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:19 pm

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:
no no, it's great... would be awesome if it became like that here. Also, back in December we had a competition where 'Metaldrummer93' offered signed stuff etc from his personal collection, and mailed it to the winner. We did a quiz and the quickest person to answer won. We did 2 competitions before it was disbanded due to lack of participation.

I won a couple of vinyls and a signed Alestorm Bloodstock signing card. You should have seen the forum that night. Unbelievable, because everyone was racing eachother.

damn i remember it!! there was one extra page each time i pressed the refresh button!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:21 pm

NightwalkerRicku wrote:
damn i remember it!! there was one extra page each time i was pressing the refresh button!

maybe we will see those days again...we are growing, hopefully we can do it
Back to top Go down
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:21 pm

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:

Yeah... The thing with those big contests is that they bring a lot of people, but most of them are just interested in the big prizes... Maybe you should try smaller contests but do them frequently so people check the board often? By "frequently" I do not mean everyday, nor every week, but maybe a CD each 2-3 months... You know, those nice old CDs all full of dust that you just want to trow away? Razz

Just a suggestion... o.o
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:23 pm

yeah it's true, but to be honest, it was more like the loyal, regular members that were taking part. I was surprised there weren't many people coming on for the first time because of it. Yeah you're right. Maybe I could do something with CDs. It would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:27 pm

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:
yeah it's true, but to be honest, it was more like the loyal, regular members that were taking part. I was surprised there weren't many people coming on for the first time because of it. Yeah you're right. Maybe I could do something with CDs. It would be cool.

BTW, ever thought of moving the forum to your own server? That way, there would be no more ads OR if you wanna keep them, at least you'd get the money for it Razz (which you could invest in contests! Ha!)

I have a friend who might be interested in hosting you on his server (I'd need to check)... All you'd need is a domain (either a .com or a free domain service like those .tk redirects or something)... Domains aren't expensive anymore really... You can find something for under 10$ a year...

Last edited by Gurther on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:31 pm

I am completely retarded when it comes to things like that. You can pay to have the (.motionsforum) removed from the site name, and I have made a couple of payments towards freeing that up so we would be powermetalliveson.com
Back to top Go down
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:40 pm

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:
I am completely retarded when it comes to things like that. You can pay to have the (.motionsforum) removed from the site name, and I have made a couple of payments towards freeing that up so we would be powermetalliveson.com

Well, I don't know how much it would cost, but chances are it's a rip-off... First of all, the files aren't stored on your server, which means the changes you can make to the forum are restricted to visual changes and maybe widgets add (you can't change the core of it or take off those ads)... That also means you are dependent on the bandwidth they give you (so that means if one day your forum becomes the most popular forum in the entire world... It wont support that... And will crash Razz). And 3rd: You already give them money through ads, so making you pay even more is a bit... bad! Razz

What I suggest: Get hosted on your own server! You can still use the same forum's engine (using phpbb here... 3.0 I guess?), and in fact, you can even do waaaay more (check the PHPBB hacks (mods) on the forums! (use google Wink), you'll see the possibilities are endless). Then you can decide not to have ads at all, or get sponsored by googleads (which means you get some money for each clicks on those ads... Don't expect to get rich with a few clicks, but it should be way enough to pay for the domain's fee for example).

I suggest you read about it a little and if you are interested, I can get in contact with my friend that could possibly want to host you... (that would mean he gives you a part of his huge server, which you can access via any ftp client, and where you can upload the forum... That space is all yours)

PS: And I can always assist you though this if you need help Smile
Back to top Go down
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:53 pm

Alright, I talked with my friend, I need to talk to you now Razz

Do you have MSN? It'll be easier to talk that way!
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:04 pm

Yes I have msn.
davidgowarlfc1@hotmail.com
but unfortunately I won't be on til the weekend, so I can talk then :/
Back to top Go down
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:08 pm

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:
Yes I have msn.
davidgowarlfc1@hotmail.com
but unfortunately I won't be on til the weekend, so I can talk then :/

Alright, we can talk about that then! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.   Let's make the most epic fake band of all time. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's make the most epic fake band of all time.
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next