PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album I_vote_lcapDragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album I_voting_barDragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album I_vote_lcapDragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album I_voting_barDragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

Male Number of posts : 334
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 388
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album Empty
PostSubject: Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album   Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 4:58 am

Since everything seems a bit dead around here, I thought I'd post this.

According to Dragonforce's Myspace blog, they won't have any shows in 2010 to work on a new album, which is set to be released in 2011.
(SOURCE: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=7326510&blogId=518333848)

I'm going to keep my hopes high for this upcoming album. What do you guys want on it?

I'd like:
-Original lyrics. Sure their mindless apocalypse/new world order lyrics are fun, but I wouldn't mind their next album having better lyrics which are unique to each song.
-More keyboard presence. They did this on Ultra Beatdown, and I think that's why I like it so much. Maybe give Vad more than two solos an album? If you haven't noticed, they've done that on every album up until now.
-Better song structure. They began to do this with a few songs on Ultra Beatdown, but every song on it still had at least two solos. I wouldn't mind a more melodic song from them that had no solos. Or maybe a completely instrumental song.

But yeah, what do YOU want on it?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/yesitsaj
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Nergal131

Male Number of posts : 291
User Points : 399
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album   Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:17 am

Well, I think that's pretty good news actually.

I want them to go back to the roots and go back more epic guitar driven Power Metal like Valley of the Damned, which will probably not happen. I liked Ultra Beatdown but it certainly wasn't even close to Valley of the Damned.
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album   Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:42 am

I see what you're saying. UB was so heavily keyboard focused.
You know, I think a darker album would be interesting. Don't get me wrong, I love their happy metal songs, but look at the atmosphere of Valley of the Damned. The lyrics were a bit darker (though the music wasn't really that dark). Vad will just have to switch out his green pants. Razz
But if it's to guitar driven, they might turn it into another "Inhuman Rampage", which I really don't want. Do you think they should work on their lyrics any?
Back to top Go down
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Nergal131

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album   Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:48 am

AJ190 wrote:
I see what you're saying. UB was so heavily keyboard focused.
You know, I think a darker album would be interesting. Don't get me wrong, I love their happy metal songs, but look at the atmosphere of Valley of the Damned. The lyrics were a bit darker (though the music wasn't really that dark). Vad will just have to switch out his green pants. Razz
But if it's to guitar driven, they might turn it into another "Inhuman Rampage", which I really don't want. Do you think they should work on their lyrics any?

Yeah haha, TFF all over again. Too guitar driven is a bit ridiculous but just like Valley of the Damned, a healthy balance between guitar, soli and keyboards so nothing comes off too forced. I think Demoniac is pretty evil in itself hahaha.

Well, other lyrics would be fun but if it were the same lyrics again, I wouldn't really mind since lyrics aren't really an issue for me. If it has cool lyrics, Yey!, if it has lame and cheesy lyrics, Yey!! (for a good laugh that is) but the music itself is way more important for me. They can sing about fairies having breakfast with donuts falling from the sky while a magician is showing magictricks, I don't really care about all that. If the music is good, then I'll listen to it.
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album   Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:55 am

Haha, yeah. Hey, maybe they could cover a Demoniac song? If they do, they could either do it with ZP doing clean vocals and abandoning the growls, or have Fred (bassist) do the growls (he does them live when they play Inhuman Rampage songs).
Ah, I see what you mean. I rarely pay attention to what ZP's actually saying. But so many of the fans of other power metal hate them for their cheesy lyrics. Look at pretty much any Sonata Arctica video comments on Youtube. ("Dude, Faggotforce sucks. Their lyrics suck, and they have more solos than fans.")
But, they don't understand that's why we like them. Musically, they remain very good.
But I would like a few songs without solos. Or less solos. Or having the solos in different places. I just want them to change something about their solos. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Nergal131

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album   Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:58 am

AJ190 wrote:
Haha, yeah. Hey, maybe they could cover a Demoniac song? If they do, they could either do it with ZP doing clean vocals and abandoning the growls, or have Fred (bassist) do the growls (he does them live when they play Inhuman Rampage songs).
Ah, I see what you mean. I rarely pay attention to what ZP's actually saying. But so many of the fans of other power metal hate them for their cheesy lyrics. Look at pretty much any Sonata Arctica video comments on Youtube. ("Dude, Faggotforce sucks. Their lyrics suck, and they have more solos than fans.")
But, they don't understand that's why we like them. Musically, they remain very good.
But I would like a few songs without solos. Or less solos. Or having the solos in different places. I just want them to change something about their solos. Lol.

Yeah, I know, I saw them last year in January with Turisas, and I must say, although I liked Turisas way more (they were INSANE. They opened with Battle Metal, I mean, how awesome is that Very Happy), Dragonforce played like they should have played and they were also very good.
That's one of the main reasons why people dislike Power Metal, because "the lyrics are gay and stupid". Yeah, as if singing about Satan, Death, partying, beer or how cold the winter is, is any less of stupid. Having a rich fantasy ain't stupid at all. Sometimes I like the usual cheese that comes with Dragonforce or Manowar.
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album   Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:03 am

Turisas is AMAZING, though most of their fans hate DF too. Razz
Yeah, the whole reason I got into power metal, no, metal, in the first place, was because the way the music made me feel. I didn't care what the lyrics were. The way I was finally able to get into death/black metal/grindcore/any other music associated with harsh vocals was because the music. Not the lyrics or vocals.
Back to top Go down
Chaosdragon94
Soldier
Soldier
Chaosdragon94

Male Number of posts : 242
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 76
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album   Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:59 am

I think they should toss Vadim, go a bit heavier and darker - more like VoTD, but even a tad bit heavier and darker.
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album   Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:06 pm

Chaosdragon94 wrote:
I think they should toss Vadim, go a bit heavier and darker - more like VoTD, but even a tad bit heavier and darker.
While I disagree with Vadim being completely tossed, I agree with being darker.
If Vadim will just stop listening to Britney Spears for a while (he does, by the way), I'm sure he could pull off some darker stuff. Razz

Last edited by AJ190 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing simple mispellings. Why ya care? >:()
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album   Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 1:33 am

vadim isnt one of the best keyboardists ive heard.....have you seen that "solo" on youtube? well that guy is kiiiinda lame however in ultra beatdown the keyboards are nice and as ive seen in live shows he has been improved. I dont think DF should get darker, just write better lyrics and a different melody sometimes xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album   Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragonforce- No 2010 Shows To Make New Album
Page 1 of 1