PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 I_voting_barSONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 I_voting_barSONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!

Go down 
+5
Vggamegod
BuzzPhil
PowerMetalLivesOn
WinterSon
Gurther
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
BuzzPhil

Male Number of posts : 458
User Reputation : 3
User Points : 533
Registration date : 2009-06-25

SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!   SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 5:42 am

He's a pretty awesome guitarist!! He's very talented and I think he is a good replacement for Jani... I think he's gonna bring something really intersting to Sonata!!
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!   SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:05 pm

Metallhead123 wrote:
I liked the album, yes but then I am a fan of Guitar Virtuoso-ism Razz
He's definitely good tho.

Here's a couple of his playing

It's hard to find stuff off the new album, not many have uploaded it. I shall soon tho.

thanks man, i actually enjoyed the second song ;D
Back to top Go down
Lokimor
Soldier
Soldier
Lokimor

Male Number of posts : 103
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 86
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!   SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:56 am

"Making of" of the new single video Flag In The Ground:

Back to top Go down
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

Male Number of posts : 360
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 367
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!   SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:43 am

Lokimor wrote:
"Making of" of the new single video Flag In The Ground:

Sounds good from the background at least Wink And they say that this album will not be like Unia, it'll maybe be a more traditional one.
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!   SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:55 am

Kakko was hoping it woould be Unia with a bit more simplicity and a darker overtone.
I don't care how it'll be like, what Kakko touches automatically turns to gold. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
BuzzPhil

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!   SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:28 am

WinterSon wrote:
Kakko was hoping it would be Unia with a bit more simplicity and a darker overtone.
I don't care how it'll be like, what Kakko touches automatically turns to gold. Razz

Totally agree!! Tony Kakko is a god... One of the most amazing singer/songwriter/lyricist out there...
Back to top Go down
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
BuzzPhil

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!   SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:38 pm

I found the full version of Flag In The Ground (the new video song by Sonata) and I wanted to share it with you... Powermetalheads...

Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!   SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:41 am

I don't like the album. Yeah there are a few decent ones on there like 'Flag in the Ground' and 'Zeroes' but 'Deathaura' is awful in my opinion. I really really tried to like it but it didn't really happen :/

I'll give a few more plays though before final judgement.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!   SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:09 am

I've heard a few of the songs on YT, it sounds pretty good. Maybe my tastes have changed a bit since Unia, i don't know. I may get it for the hell of it, cause i know i like a a lot of the songs like Flag in the Ground, The Last Amazing Grays, Juliet, No Dreams Can Heal a Broken Heart, Everything Fades to Gray, and Deathaura Razz

Yeah, I know - why do i like them if i hate Unia? Razz Well, I haven't listened to Unia in a long time, so maybe I'd like it now, perhaps i'll give it a spin sometime to see if i still hate it Razz
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!   SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:06 am

So I saw Sonata Arctica open for Dragonfarts today. I mean Dragonforce, whoops. Razz
Sad to say they only played 5-6 songs to allow the headliner their given dues.
It was worth the 30 USD though. Razz

Tracklist:
1.) Paid in Full
2.) Flag in the Ground
3.) Last Drop Falls
4.) FullMoon
5.) Don't Say a Word
6.) Some random instrumental improv they kept gradually speeding up xD

I'd have to say that this band is built for live.
Tony hit his notes perfectly, and this is no joke. I know in their For the Sake of Revenge DVD's he didn't do so smoothly on some areas, but in the ol' House of Blues, Hollywood. He did it as a true god would.
Also Henrik didn't seem so drunk tonight, which explains how he pulled off his keyboard solos perfectly too.
Elias, is like Jani in stage presence, I never really hear or see him do too much shit as much as Tony aside from solo sections or backing vocals.
Still though, he pulled off a perfect FullMoon solo. Smile

Oh, and Elias threw a pick my way, I had in my hands, then some groupie whore decided to take it out of my hands. Razz
Oh well, it's no big loss on my part.

Oh, I got a shirt also, it's probably my most favorite shirt they've put out yet.
And I got a free "The Days of Grays" poster. I'm happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!   SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:20 am

Sounds like fun, did you stay for Dragonforce? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!   SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Vggamegod wrote:

Yes.
So yes, believe the words coming out of my mouth:

They were actually very good live. ZP's voice was drowned out by Herman and Sam so I liked that a LOT.
Vadim wore these strange LED light pants lol.
They did lots of jumping, tongues on the fretboards, and soloing, which were pretty good actually.
Amazing how my viewpoint on a band's live performance changes so much just by drowning out ZP Theart. Razz
No offense to him, he's a swell guy, but his voice isn't me. Razz
Back to top Go down
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Nergal131

Male Number of posts : 291
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 399
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!   SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:53 pm

WinterSon wrote:
Vggamegod wrote:

Yes.
So yes, believe the words coming out of my mouth:

They were actually very good live. ZP's voice was drowned out by Herman and Sam so I liked that a LOT.
Vadim wore these strange LED light pants lol.
They did lots of jumping, tongues on the fretboards, and soloing, which were pretty good actually.
Amazing how my viewpoint on a band's live performance changes so much just by drowning out ZP Theart. Razz
No offense to him, he's a swell guy, but his voice isn't me. Razz

They sure do like to jump a lot. Saw them in January together with Turisas and the only thing which I really really liked about their performance was the "battle" between Vadim and the violinist of Turisas. The rest was good but not great, Turisas on the other hand was incredible, although the majority of the crowd didn't share that opinion.
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!   SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:49 am

Got some pics off the concert. Don't want to post in new thread because i'm lazy. Razz

SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 029-1

SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 008

SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 032

SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 035

SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 038

SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 046
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!   SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:15 pm

Nice Winteson! I bet you had fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!   SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SONATA ARCTICA: NEW ALBUM UNVEILED!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2