PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! I_vote_lcapSONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! I_voting_barSONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! I_vote_lcapSONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! I_voting_barSONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!

Go down 
+4
infernoRS
WinterSon
holliday46
BuzzPhil
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
BuzzPhil

Male Number of posts : 458
User Reputation : 3
User Points : 533
Registration date : 2009-06-25

SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Empty
PostSubject: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:01 pm

I'm so happy!! The new video of the song : Flag In The Ground from the Days Of Grays is online... On their myspace!! Here's the embed video...

SONATA ARCTICA - Flag In The Ground

Not an amazing video?? The song is really good and catchy and the videoclip itself is incredible!!
Back to top Go down
holliday46
Soldier
Soldier
holliday46

Male Number of posts : 114
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 130
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:45 pm

sounds like sonata has been listening to too much nightwish lately,
but i like this song and the video is the best one i seen so far and we all know metal is notorious for bad videos
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:38 pm

I didn't think the song was that amazing imo.
Shouldn't have been the single, the single should have had a bit more of a catch.
I think it's the fact Tony's vocals didn't match the rest of the instrumentation, at least to me.

I think it's official, "From Afar" will be leagues better than "Days of Grays" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

Male Number of posts : 360
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 367
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:28 pm

WinterSon wrote:
I didn't think the song was that amazing imo.
Shouldn't have been the single, the single should have had a bit more of a catch.
I think it's the fact Tony's vocals didn't match the rest of the instrumentation, at least to me.

I think it's official, "From Afar" will be leagues better than "Days of Grays" Very Happy
Nevah! (lol!) I have listened to "Flag in the Ground" for a hundred times already... A touching song, awesome vocals, epicly beautiful melody, it's perfect. Gets better every time I hear it.
Back to top Go down
holliday46
Soldier
Soldier
holliday46

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:03 am

Quote :
I think it's official, "From Afar" will be leagues better than "Days of Grays"
to be debated when we finish listening to the rest of the album. after listening to the song i have high hopes for the rest of the album only thing i didnt like was solos were not as epic and not enuff
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:31 am

Hmm.....the verse segments sound a little awkward.....but the chorus segments are very catchy and exciting.

I may have a vendetta against Sonata Arctica, but I maybe able to get into this song at least!

You guys need to let me know if the rest of the album is in this vein or not, I might be persuaded to try it.

However I'm with WinterSon, From Afar will likely still be better Smile And I also agree with holliday46, the song has a Nightwish aura about it.
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:48 am

Vggamegod wrote:
Hmm.....the verse segments sound a little awkward.....but the chorus segments are very catchy and exciting.

I may have a vendetta against Sonata Arctica, but I maybe able to get into this song at least!

You guys need to let me know if the rest of the album is in this vein or not, I might be persuaded to try it.

However I'm with WinterSon, From Afar will likely still be better Smile And I also agree with holliday46, the song has a Nightwish aura about it.

I agree though, I like the Chorus. Reminds me of what I like, WG mixed with RN.
But I agree, the guitar level seems kind of low, making the verse sort of awkward.
Back to top Go down
Lokimor
Soldier
Soldier
Lokimor

Male Number of posts : 103
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 86
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:53 am

I'm really curious about the song "Deathaura", all the reviewers said it was a great song.
Back to top Go down
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
BuzzPhil

Male Number of posts : 458
User Reputation : 3
User Points : 533
Registration date : 2009-06-25

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:35 pm

Me too!! And it's a fantastic name!!
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:28 pm

Sounds like a powerful spell in some Fantasy MMORPG.
I like the name, hopefully I like the song.
I'm curious to how the Last Amazing Grays would sound like as well. Sounds like a potential for an epic like WP,BO.
Back to top Go down
Lokimor
Soldier
Soldier
Lokimor

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 5:57 pm

*Is Currently downloading The Days of Grays at 800 ko/s.*

Hoho.

Edit: Love the intro, but quality of the torrent sucks.
Back to top Go down
Lokimor
Soldier
Soldier
Lokimor

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 7:14 pm

The Album would be 50 times better if the quality was great (torrentz lolz), but it's still really awesome. Well, after my first listen, I'll just rate songs of the album without spoiling anything:

-Everythings Fades To Gray (++)
-Deathaura (+++)
-The Last Amazing Grays (++)
-Flag In The Ground (Only the second half of the song is good lol) (+)
-Breathing (--- aka boring)
-Zeroes (-)
-The Dead Skin (+++)
-Juliet (+++)
-No Dream Can Heal A Broken Heart (+++)
-As If The World Wasn't Ending (-)
-The Truth is Out There (++)
-Everything fades To Gray full Version (+)

PS: If you only like super speedy Power Metal with 7 chorus in one song, you won't appreciate this album.

Last edited by Lokimor on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:30 pm

Was it worth the illegal free download? Gosh I hope so, I wouldn't want you being disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Lokimor
Soldier
Soldier
Lokimor

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:41 pm

Vggamegod wrote:
Was it worth the illegal free download? Gosh I hope so, I wouldn't want you being disappointed.

No it wasn't worth it, the sound and the little gaps in the songs are really annoying. I hope they'll release a better torrent next time. The quality of From Afar is way better, they should take it in exemple. I'm really unhappy.

Last edited by Lokimor on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:10 pm

Lokimor, maybe this is NOT the best place to comment you illegally get the music and let the artist down. Not a thing you should be proud of. Still supporting the artist is one of the good things that's unique in the world of metal.

Edit: Only 17 days until The Days Of Grays is out in Finland Horns (edit#2: officially, n00b!)
Back to top Go down
Metallhead123
Warrior King
Warrior King
Metallhead123

Male Number of posts : 539
User Reputation : 5
User Points : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:18 pm

infernoRS wrote:
Lokimor, maybe this is NOT the best place to comment you illegally get the music and let the artist down. Not a thing you should be proud of. Still supporting the artist is one of the good things that's unique in the world of metal.

Edit: Only 17 days until The Days Of Grays is out in Finland Horns (edit#2: officially, n00b!)

To be honest, I'll download an album before I buy it.
I want to know the album is good before spending what precious little money I have purchasing the CD.

The only band I would buy from without downloading is Nevermore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MetalHeadOwnage
holliday46
Soldier
Soldier
holliday46

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:26 pm

shit id buy any sonata album (and have) without downloading or previewing it first because i know theyl deliver as always. i dont gotta worry about buying an album from them with only 2 or 3 songs i like ever
Back to top Go down
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 4:52 am

Metallhead123 wrote:
infernoRS wrote:

I want to know the album is good before spending what precious little money I have purchasing the CD.

I would listen it from Youtube first, then buy if it is worth it. (edit: I have to admit I download music sometimes too but at least I don't tell it on public forums.)
Back to top Go down
Metallhead123
Warrior King
Warrior King
Metallhead123

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:57 am

infernoRS wrote:
Metallhead123 wrote:
infernoRS wrote:

I would listen it from Youtube first, then buy if it is worth it. (edit: I have to admit I download music sometimes too but at least I don't tell it on public forums.)

Youtube messes up the quality of the sound in their videos. So you can't really tell if it's "awesome".

Downloading is great, people think that by reducing downloads, the sale of CDs will go up. How can that be? There are lots of people who download, then buy the CD if it's worth it. I have over 500 CDs going by this method Very Happy

Try before you buy, Youtube isn't really all that good to try the songs Razz

Also, thank you for telling me you have downloaded. You're no better than Lokimor, lol.
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:09 am

i always use youtube to try out bands, the quality doesn't matter too much honestly, since i care about melody/power over technical shit. I won't listen to something just because it's technically proficient, it's gotta be enjoyable, not just interesting.

However, that said; i buy mp3 albums from cheap sites usually, almost never $12-$20 CDs (though i do buy one now and then). It's not much loss to me to pay a few bucks for an album with only a few good songs. Since i only pay about 1/3rd of what Amazon or iTunes charges, lol.

I pirated music when i was a kid with no job though, i admit. Though not much of it was metal, and i deleted most of it since, or bought it.

on a side note, the mp3 albums i buy are very high quality. maybe not as good as a CD, but damned close.
Back to top Go down
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:14 am

Metallhead123 wrote:
Youtube messes up the quality of the sound in their videos. So you can't really tell if it's "awesome".
That's true in some cases but usually there's HQ option, it makes the sound a lot better.

Metallhead123 wrote:
Downloading is great, people think that by reducing downloads, the sale of CDs will go up. How can that be? There are lots of people who download, then buy the CD if it's worth it. I have over 500 CDs going by this method Very Happy
Yeah you'll get fine sound quality sometimes when downloading it but even better if you rip it, and besides, having an album in your stand creates a good feeling somehow.

Metallhead123 wrote:
That's why I use Spotify lol.

Metallhead123 wrote:
Also, thank you for telling me you have downloaded. You're no better than Lokimor, lol.
In a way I am, in a way I'm not. Ok it was a stupid post I wrote there but... shit happens.
Back to top Go down
Metallhead123
Warrior King
Warrior King
Metallhead123

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:21 am

Vggamegod wrote:
i always use youtube to try out bands, the quality doesn't matter too much honestly, since i care about melody/power over technical shit. I won't listen to something just because it's technically proficient, it's gotta be enjoyable, not just interesting.

However, that said; i buy mp3 albums from cheap sites usually, almost never $12-$20 CDs (though i do buy one now and then). It's not much loss to me to pay a few bucks for an album with only a few good songs. Since i only pay about 1/3rd of what Amazon or iTunes charges, lol.

I pirated music when i was a kid with no job though, i admit. Though not much of it was metal, and i deleted most of it since, or bought it.

on a side note, the mp3 albums i buy are very high quality. maybe not as good as a CD, but damned close.

Ok, what the hell do technicality and sound quality have in common? O.o

Amazon doesn't charge that much, I get CDs for about £7 or £8. But I still like to know that what I am getting is good, lol. Youtube doesn't cut it for me. I'd like to know the album I'm going to buy is good so I download it and listen to it on repeat a couple times. That doesn't mean I don't buy CDs. Hell, I probably have one of the largest collections of the people on this site and thus have supported my favorite bands more than most.

I don't have a job either right now, so I'll pirate it before I buy it.

I tend to go for lossless FLAC files when I rip my CDs to my PC.
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:26 am

Metallhead123 wrote:

Did you seriously ask me this?
Back to top Go down
Metallhead123
Warrior King
Warrior King
Metallhead123

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:27 am

infernoRS wrote:
Metallhead123 wrote:
That's true in some cases but usually there's HQ option, it makes the sound a lot better.

Metallhead123 wrote:
Yeah you'll get fine sound quality sometimes when downloading it but even better if you rip it, and besides, having an album in your stand creates a good feeling somehow.

Metallhead123 wrote:
That's why I use Spotify lol.

Metallhead123 wrote:
In a way I am, in a way I'm not. Ok it was a stupid post I wrote there but... shit happens.

The HQ button hardly increases the quality anyway.

Obviously, but you kinda missed the point and I'm not stupid lol. I know that buying the CD is better, but if the download was good, then I surely will buy it.
You're saying that as if I don't buy CDs Razz

So it's ok if a site has the album and you're taking a listen? Come on, that's hardly morally better than downloading.

How are you better. The way I see it, you just contradicted yourself where you said "okimor, maybe this is NOT the best place to comment you illegally get the music and let the artist down." and then admitted to downloading yourself. Razz
Back to top Go down
Metallhead123
Warrior King
Warrior King
Metallhead123

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:29 am

Vggamegod wrote:
Metallhead123 wrote:

Did you seriously ask me this?

Yes, I did. Why compare the two?

You can't hear melody more over technicality on Youtube, it's pretty much equal lol since Youtube messes with all sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!   SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SONATA ARCTICA : New Video is Online!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next