PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Sonata Arctica - Page 4 I_vote_lcapSonata Arctica - Page 4 I_voting_barSonata Arctica - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
Sonata Arctica - Page 4 I_vote_lcapSonata Arctica - Page 4 I_voting_barSonata Arctica - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Sonata Arctica

Go down 
+21
BuzzPhil
Gurther
infernoRS
WinterSon
ardent
Metalstrix
salamander25
CanisArctus
MetalNiller
yoshimitsublade13
metaldrummer93
Metallhead123
balrog
TCJacko
Rokai
somera55
King_Fingolfin
NightwalkerRicku
Siemon
PowerMetalLivesOn
powermetalforever14
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
BuzzPhil

Male Number of posts : 458
User Reputation : 3
User Points : 533
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica   Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:31 am

Ok it seems I gotta do it too...

Ecliptica
8th Commandment
Picturing The Past
Letter To Dana
Fullmoon
My Land
Destruction Preventer
Replica

Silence
The Power of one
The End Of This Chapter
Wolf & Raven
San Sebastian
Black Sheep
Tallulah

Winterheart's Guild
Broken
Victoria's Secret
The Cage
The Misery
Silver Tongue

Reckoning Night
Don't Say A Word
Misplaced
Blinded No More
My Selene
White Pearl, Black Oceans...

Unia
Paid In Full
Caleb
The Harvest
It Won't Fade
The Worlds Forgotten, the Words Forbidden
Under Your Tree

Their Covers
Still Loving You
Fade To Black
Out In The Fields
Back to top Go down
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

Male Number of posts : 360
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 367
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica   Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 11:50 am

Well it's waste of time to put fav songs from Sonata to a list since they are all so helluva great. Just add all songs and that's it Razz What a terrible thing would power metal be without Sonata Rolling Eyes There's other bands in power metal too meh but no other one gets past Sonata in my list...
Back to top Go down
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
BuzzPhil

Male Number of posts : 458
User Reputation : 3
User Points : 533
Registration date : 2009-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica   Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 12:03 pm

infernoRS wrote:
Well it's waste of time to put fav songs from Sonata to a list since they are all so helluva great. Just add all songs and that's it Razz What a terrible thing would power metal be without Sonata Rolling Eyes There's other bands in power metal too meh but no other one gets past Sonata in my list...

Me too... Long live to Sonata!!!!
Back to top Go down
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica   Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 12:18 pm

12 days to go. Some new Sonata after that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

Male Number of posts : 605
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 26
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica   Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:21 am

It's no small wonder that the best power metal band has the best topic on this site to go with the best fans in metal. So glad to see some more Sonata fans on the site and could it be true a new Sonata album, yay. I've been living under the rock that is the adult work world and am badly out of the loop. Still listen to some Sonata every day though. Debating doing the list thing though it's probably not going to happen, like BuzzPhil says it's all of em man. Though I'm not going to do it now either I will or some one else should get a "favorite Sonata song" topic going or do it as a sub topic in this one. And it will be hard to pick just one song to call my favorite as I'm sure it will be for all of you all.
Back to top Go down
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica   Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:32 am

yoshimitsublade13 wrote:
It's no small wonder that the best power metal band has the best topic on this site to go with the best fans in metal. So glad to see some more Sonata fans on the site and could it be true a new Sonata album, yay. I've been living under the rock that is the adult work world and am badly out of the loop. Still listen to some Sonata every day though. Debating doing the list thing though it's probably not going to happen, like BuzzPhil says it's all of em man. Though I'm not going to do it now either I will or some one else should get a "favorite Sonata song" topic going or do it as a sub topic in this one. And it will be hard to pick just one song to call my favorite as I'm sure it will be for all of you all.
Yeps it is totally impossible to pick just one song from SA
Back to top Go down
Lokimor
Soldier
Soldier
Lokimor

Male Number of posts : 103
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 86
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica   Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:35 am

infernoRS wrote:

It's impossible to pick just one song from any great band Razz.
Back to top Go down
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica   Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:51 am

Lokimor wrote:
infernoRS wrote:

It's impossible to pick just one song from any great band Razz.
Mmh well that's true Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica   Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Lokimor wrote:

It's impossible to pick just one song from any great band
Razz.

Truth is spoken.

I know I'm the resident Unia hater, but it's not because the music is bad, it's just not my thing and I'm unable to enjoy it as I did their first batch of discs.

However I agree, it's very very hard, if not impossible to pick just a few Sonata songs from among all the ones I love. Basically all their fast, melodic songs ^^
Back to top Go down
Chaosdragon94
Soldier
Soldier
Chaosdragon94

Male Number of posts : 242
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 76
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica   Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:49 am

Wolf and Raven.
Back to top Go down
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica   Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 7:32 am

Chaosdragon94 wrote:
Wolf and Raven.
So it starts again lol! Still gotta say from the fast songs My Selene, Misplaced, Ain't Your Fairytale and maaany more, but those all are from Reckoning Night as you can see.
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica   Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:42 pm

I like the songs that aren't just Bass Drum-Snare-Bass Drum-Snare, vocals thrown in, and solos.
I require a bit more songwriting prowess than that. Razz
They have very few songs that bore me, but it's quite possible, most of the songs that bored me were in the first two.
Then I believe they started experimenting more and that's when things got interesting. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica   Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:10 pm

WinterSon wrote:
I like the songs that aren't just Bass Drum-Snare-Bass Drum-Snare, vocals thrown in, and solos.
They have very few songs that bore me, but it's quite possible, most of the songs that bored me were in the first two.
Then I believe they started experimenting more and that's when things got interesting. Wink
Wolf And Raven 2008 is nice and has not too much drums Razz It's better than original one in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica   Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:20 pm

WinterSon wrote:

Without heavy drumming, and with 'experimenting' thrown in; it's called progressive rock. That's not metal. As you are a fan of that and pop, your opinion on power metal seems geared towards turning it into progressive rock. There's already an entire genre for this, we don't need good power metal bands jumping on the Sonata bandwagon (no pun intended) and 'experimenting' with elements of progressive rock and pop; that's just silly.

Power metal is about speed (at least mid-tempo) and a good emphasis on 2 or 3 melodies (generally verse/chorus/solo). To change this setup just puts the music into a different genre already saturated as badly as power metal; progressive metal.
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica   Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Vggamegod wrote:
WinterSon wrote:

Without heavy drumming, and with 'experimenting' thrown in; it's called progressive rock. That's not metal. As you are a fan of that and pop, your opinion on power metal seems geared towards turning it into progressive rock. There's already an entire genre for this, we don't need good power metal bands jumping on the Sonata bandwagon (no pun intended) and 'experimenting' with elements of progressive rock and pop; that's just silly.

Power metal is about speed (at least mid-tempo) and a good emphasis on 2 or 3 melodies (generally verse/chorus/solo). To change this setup just puts the music into a different genre already saturated as badly as power metal; progressive metal.

Heavy drumming can be anything, it just doesn't have to be the same all the time.
Get some more fills at least, something that's even a remote challenge to the drummer.
If you take a listen to some great power metal epics such as Amelot's "MEmento Mori", or hell Fairyland's "Score to a New Beginning", they have great ounces of songwriting prowess. It's not geared to the expected song stati, but it doesn't exactly stray too far from the power metal idea. They both also have timely execution of instrumental addition and a little bit of innovation.

I really doubt i'd be a member of this forum or even have the decency to call myself a PowerMetalhead if the archetypal sound was to be Ecliptica 1, Ecliptica 2, and Ecliptica 3, etc.
"Hey, did you take a listen to Helloween's newest album, it sounds just like their last album, and the whole discography by Sonata Arctica, Edguy, AND every other power metal band in existence."

Understand my context is based on theoretical prowess.
Every musical sound has a core to build on and from that forth on to branch. This does not mean every band sticks with the core and does nothing but play what the core presents. Might as well just have one power metal band if that's IT.
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica   Sonata Arctica - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonata Arctica
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4