PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Amon Amarth Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Amon Amarth I_vote_lcapAmon Amarth I_voting_barAmon Amarth I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Amon Amarth

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 282
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:46 pm

Well, I've kept putting this off (Too much going on in real life) and now I don't remember much detail. Since I've dona a review for the other shows I've gone to, I'll do one for these guys too.....

So first off, the show was located at the Masquerade. Which is a three level club. They typically have 2-3 bands playing at a time. Amon Amarth was in "Heaven" (Shoul've been renamed Valhalla) that night. This club, from the outside looks like it should be condemned. And it doesn't get much better once you get inside. Every year for as long as I can remember they've been saying that the place is gonna be shut down "next year", but it never is.....I can't think of a good way to add this and make it flow, and I'm too lazy to really try, but Fun Fact # 35072169: A couple years back, someone actually fell through the stairs.....So, I've obviously given way too much detail about the condition of this club, but it defiantly adds a whole new element to the show when you, and about 200+ other people are moshing, and you really don't know if you're about to fall through the floor or not.

So we get there and split up. I get my T-Shirt. (Gotta have one for every show I go to!) and my friend heads for the bar. After awhile the stagehands come out, and start testing everything...Doing their thing. I notice a few people are really getting into it. Given, the stage hands ARE showing off a bit, but still. Then the lights go out, and these stagehands start playing. After that it hits me that this is Skeleton Witch. *Smacks head for not knowing near anything about them* After them, Goat Whore comes out, which I do like, and then The Absence. Now, the third slot was supposed to have Lazarus A.D. but The Absence joined for the last 3 shows. (Guess where Atlanta fell?....#3) Everyone on-line was all, "Oh! I would give anything to see The Absence!" but honestly, Lazarus A.D. was the only opening band that didn't sound exactly like the other three. Maybe it's just because I'm not very familiar with them, but they all sounded the same. Good, but repetitive.

So then the Vikings took the stage, and euphoria began....Well, except for a drunken midget in front of us that wandered off the yellow brick road. Starting in the middle of Goat Whore's set, and going throughout the end, he kept yelling "Hail Satan!" in a squeaky voice, and making a dick of himself. After a few Amarth songs, me and my friend ran in the mosh (which I need to come back to in a bit.) stayed there for a bit, and got out on the opposite side that we came in. The only other downer was on this side of the room was the polar opposite of the drunken midget. A nice, sober dude...That just so happened to be about 7 foot 12. Now I'm 6 foot-something, and while jumping, got body slammed into this guy. My face made a perfect connection with this guy's sweaty armpit. (And I do mean sweaty. It was by far one of the hottest buildings I've ever been in!) On the plus side, Hegg did point me out for having a drinking horn, and I got to shake his hand after the show. I didn't get to get the horn signed though as the sharpie fell out of my pocket, and there was no re-entry. Sad Oh, and I got to see the second funniest thing ever pulled at a concert. (The first would be during a Tool show: Short with funny beginning. or Long with cut beginning.) Anywho, a fan jumped on stage, and runs around. The security guard tackles the kid, picked him by his belt/shirt, and hurled him into the audience. I want to say there was a round 2 shortly there after, but I don't recall what happened, so I'll leave it at that.

Also, setlist:

1. Twilight Of The Thunder God
2. Free Will Sacrifice
3. Asator
4. Varyags Of Miklagaard
5. For The Stabwounds In Our Backs
6. Runes To My Memory
7. Guardians of Asgaard
8. Fate Of Norns
9. Bleed for Ancient Gods
10. Under The Northern Star
11. Death in Fire

12. Valhall Awaits Me
13. The Pursuit Of Vikings

And I have yet to find any videos of that night, but here's a couple from a New Jersey show on the same tour.

Guardians of Asgaard
and
Free Will Sacrifice

Last edited by Thebobert5 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:55 pm

Oh and I forgot to come back to the "mosh". It was a circle pit! Come on people, this is a metal concert, not ring around the rosie!!! Amarth tried to get a real pit going, but that lasted all of two seconds before the circle started up again. 'Tis a sad day in metal when there's a manlier pit with Powerglove (video game music) and DragonForce than at an Amon Amarth concert.

Oh, and for the record, I enjoyed both of those shows. It's just the crowd seemed to be confused on where they were at.
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:09 am

lol sounds like you had fun man, minus the armpit thing o_O
Back to top Go down
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 8:53 am

Lol definatly not the highlight of the night. It all adds character to the show though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amon Amarth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amon Amarth
Page 1 of 1