PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? I_vote_lcapWhen did you start listening to Heavy Metal? I_voting_barWhen did you start listening to Heavy Metal? I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? I_vote_lcapWhen did you start listening to Heavy Metal? I_voting_barWhen did you start listening to Heavy Metal? I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?

Go down 
+21
METALWIZARD
WinterSon
Vggamegod
Quantum733
MarzManMad
somera55
powermetalforever14
joplajop
Metallhead123
Metal Dragon
snipermage
StarchaserAria
yoshimitsublade13
balrog
PowerMetalLivesOn
TCJacko
Chaosdragon94
metaldrummer93
NightwalkerRicku
Rokai
MetalNiller
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalNiller
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
MetalNiller

Male Number of posts : 346
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 49
Registration date : 2008-12-27

When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Empty
PostSubject: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:27 am

When did you start listening to Heavy Metal, and which Metal songs where the first you heard? Very Happy

Mine was:
Children Of Bodom - Lake Bodom
In Flames - Only For The Weak
DragonForce - Through The Fire And Flames
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:37 am

Well I liked rock music/alternative when I was 9 or something like that and metal...I guess 4 years ago. My first songs were
Metallica - Dirty Window
Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark
Slipknot - Wait and Bleed
Black Sabbath - Iron Man
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:45 am

lol! i cant believe it.... i was thinking of posting such a post yesterday xD

i started listening to rock at 7 years old and i think i started turning to metal after 4 years with Evanescence(if you can call them metal). However the first real metal songs that i have heard were

1.Something told me - Coal Chamber(i remember clearly the day)

2.Devils Never Cry (its the DMC3 soundtrack which is rumoured to be composed by Coal Chamber too. Thats a lie of course but this song is one of the many reasons i started hearing Coal Chamber and i was introduced to metal too so i guess it should be here)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:50 am

Yes it's a good thing that many games have metal music.
I heard only one Coal Chamber song: Coal Chamber ft. Ozzy Osbourne - Shock the Monkey (Peter Gabriel cover)
Back to top Go down
metaldrummer93
Warrior King
Warrior King
metaldrummer93

Male Number of posts : 764
User Points : 76
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 4:24 am

I liked Queen for as long back as I can remember, and then I got the Iron Maiden- Edward the great album and turned metal...

I was quite young, but I can't remember when it was.... Horns
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jasbmetaldrummer
MetalNiller
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
MetalNiller

Male Number of posts : 346
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 49
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:15 pm

Forgot to tell: I started listening to Metal for 1.5 years ago Smile
Back to top Go down
Chaosdragon94
Soldier
Soldier
Chaosdragon94

Male Number of posts : 242
User Points : 76
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:30 pm

Like 2 years ago maybe? I use to be into rap before metal (eeew, I know), and one day I heard DragonForce - Heart of a Dragon, and loved it, listened to it like 6 times in a row lol, then after that rap/hip-hop seemed so boring and lame. Soo...

DragonForce - Heart of a Dragon

That's about all I can remember as my first metal songs... lol
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Points : 228

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:16 pm

My heavy metal era began when I started drumming I guess.

Realised the real idols to look up to were people who play REAL instruments, since yes, I admit is used to be rap and mc for me.

First songs I heard, hmm I don't know.

I heard Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight, since that's one of the best drum tracks I've ever heard.

I actually listened to a bit of Slipknot and Joey Jordison, and now I've got a poster of him stuck on my bass drum.

I guess Dragonforce - Through The Fire And Flames, Metallica - One and The Motley Crue - Shout At The Devil (Epppic song Very Happy) were my first few metal songs.

Great topic though man.
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:21 pm

welllll, i always liked rock
i quite liked queen etc and i was into 80s music like 'simple minds' Very Happy
that was quite a few years ago although I still appreciate 'simple minds' and 'a-ha' - bands like that lol!

but metal came with dragonforce and power quest about 3 years ago
i then moved onto heavier stuff
then moved back to love ALL metal
then about 6 months after i experienced that revelation i created my PMLO youtube account
then about 2 months after that i created this forum
then about 2 months after that we are here today lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:57 pm

It's pretty cool that most of you list DragonForce as one of the first metal bands you listened to. \m/
Back to top Go down
balrog
Warrior King
Warrior King
balrog

Male Number of posts : 507
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 40
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:03 pm

oh good lord this is something i'm totally ashamed of... but here we go.

i was playing guitar hero 2 when i listened to beast and the harlot and thought it was awesome, so i got obsessed with avenged sevenfold. at the same time i heard six (all that remains) and that that was awesome. which then led me into liking a bunch of emo metal (bullet for my valentine, etc.)

BUT then gh3 came out. and i heard through the fire and flames. and got obsessed with dragonforce. and iron maiden. then i listened to a bunch of other power metal bands and got hooked. this was about 2 years ago.

so there you go. one of my deepest darkest secrets. I USED TO LIKE EMO METAL Sad
Back to top Go down
http://freewebs.com/hallflukai
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:06 pm

balrog wrote:
I USED TO LIKE EMO METAL Sad

it's okay

you're safe now Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:07 pm

I would like to vote again on the Do you love balrog poll. This time on No.

Just joking Smile I used to like rap :O
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:08 pm

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:
balrog wrote:
I USED TO LIKE EMO METAL Sad

it's okay

you're safe now Sad

LMAO

The vikings will protect you from the emos

Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking Viking

Very Happy:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:09 pm

On the black wind forever, we ride on together, destroying the emos, with freeedom our guide.

Lol. Just made that up.

Might make a song with that in it, called Valley Of The Emos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

Male Number of posts : 605
User Points : 26
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:03 pm

I had been listening to radio rock/metal all my life then one day a little over a year ago I decided I was done listening to anything they played on the radio. Hit up youtube looking for new stuff, then started hitting the record stores and here I am today. First bands I listened to I literally stumbled on in the record store looking more at were they were coming from country wise than anything else. I think the first five cd's I bought on that first trip were Nightwish(Dark Passion Play), Iced Earth(Framing Armageddon), Blind Guardian(A Twist in the Myth), Sonata Arctica(Reckoning Night) and DragonForce(Inhuman Rampage). I pretty much knew what I wanted.
Back to top Go down
StarchaserAria
Traveller
Traveller
StarchaserAria

Female Number of posts : 47
User Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:28 am

well.............i started listening to Heavy Metal music........... scratch ........2 years ago!!!(wow it has been a long time Razz)My 1st Heavy Metal songs were:

Nemo-Nightwish,2 minutes to midnight-Iron Maiden (of course),fear of the dark-Iron Maiden too
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 7:16 am

Those are some great albums yoshimitsublade.

And Iron Maiden rules!
Back to top Go down
snipermage
Soldier
Soldier
snipermage

Male Number of posts : 228
User Points : -3
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:04 pm

i started with rap than i went to emo rock to than i wanted something harder and started listening to dragonforce and machine head than soulfly
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

Male Number of posts : 605
User Points : 26
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Rokai wrote:
Those are some great albums yoshimitsublade.

And Iron Maiden rules!

And they are still my most played cd's. Alll it took was those 5. And its all I want to listen to, and I've managed to make a couple Dragonforce fans and one Nightwish fan. Power metal lives on. Headbang
Back to top Go down
Metal Dragon
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Metal Dragon

Male Number of posts : 373
User Points : 89
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:11 pm

Oh man, I can't remember. I didn't come to metal music. Metal music came to me! My first metal songs were:

Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Metallica - Enter the Sandman
CKY - 96 Quite Bitter Beings
Ministry - No W
Dragonforce - Through the fire and Flames
PanterA - Death Rattle
Back to top Go down
Metallhead123
Warrior King
Warrior King
Metallhead123

Male Number of posts : 539
User Reputation : 5
User Points : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:59 pm

I started listening to Rock when i was 6. GnR, AC/DC, Led Zep and Pink Floyd. Then it was Metal a year later. But I keep Pink Floyd in my Top 5 still, they're AMAZING.
So yeah anyway, I've been a Metalhead for about 10 years now and my first albums were:

Iron Maiden's "Fear of the Dark"
Metallica's "...And Justice for All"
Pantera's "Cowboys from Hell"
Lacuna Coil's "In a Reverie"
Children of Bodom's "Hatebreeder"
Cradle of Filth's "Dusk...and Her Embrace"
Judas Priest's "British Steel"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MetalHeadOwnage
joplajop
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
joplajop

Male Number of posts : 294
User Points : 56
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: re: blablabla   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:20 pm

i dont really remember when i started listening metal.
but i do remember that i dont want to stop from ozzy obzourne was one of the first metal songs i listened to. Smile
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:57 pm

I liked Grunge before metal and rock.

I worshiped Nirvana and Alice In Chains.

Two best songs were:

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Them Bones - Alice In Chains

Well, my two favourites.
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:52 pm

I think I've said this before but Metal > every other type of music (except classical)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?   When did you start listening to Heavy Metal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When did you start listening to Heavy Metal?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PowerMetalLivesOn :: The Metal Kingdom :: General Metal-
Jump to: