PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Dragonforce live Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Dragonforce live I_vote_lcapDragonforce live I_voting_barDragonforce live I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
Dragonforce live I_vote_lcapDragonforce live I_voting_barDragonforce live I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Dragonforce live

Go down 
+10
Shadow501
metaldrummer93
Thebobert5
yoshimitsublade13
Chaosdragon94
EveningStar505
Rokai
PowerMetalLivesOn
TCJacko
dessection
14 posters
AuthorMessage
dessection
Peasant
Peasant
dessection

Male Number of posts : 7
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Dragonforce live Empty
PostSubject: Dragonforce live   Dragonforce live Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:44 am

Anyone who has ever seen one of those videos on youtube with a camera phone arent even close to experiencing dragonforce live considering the bass drum blocks out everything. THe common 2006 videos filled with hate comments are also unhelpful because that was a time in which dragonforce got drunk and fell off the stage. In 2008 the band has improved so much im surprised they still dont have a live DvD. Able to play more old songs now like fury of the storm and soldiers of the wasteland, they are quickly leaving behind the Through the Fire and the Flames fad, which we all can agree is a good thing. If Dragonforce is coming to a town near you I highly recomend seeing them. This years opening acts included powerglove, a band about video game metal with songs like super mario brothers and metal combat, and a finland band name tunasas playing there "Battle Metal" with there bad ass violinist and according player who is extremely hot. With the bands amazing vocals and herman and sams epic guitar duels (in which they kick each other and flip each other off), Dragonforce gives one fuck of a live experience!
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Dragonforce live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce live   Dragonforce live Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:16 am

Although I might move this topic to the 'General Metal', I have a big opinion on it.

Seriously, the Dragonforce haters are tricked by a number of videos on YouTube. They're from their mobile phone! Seriously, most of these live videos are from a phone or a video camera. Your gonna believe a video camera over a live performance? But the ones who have seen them live and still say they suck, you need to realize something. They were drunk, on the Inhuman Rampage tour. I went to see them live myself. They had a beer can attached to their microphones, and they almost every second kept drinking and drinking and drinking. And this being drunk, your gonna expect a few mess ups here and there, right? And another thing is, the sound technician/director. He sucks as well! I mean, according to most Dragonforce live videos on YouTube, he's turning up the drums, above the guitars! And that's why it sounds so bad.

Anyways, they don't even suck live anymore! I mean, most Dragonforce haters constantly watch the messy concerts from years ago, when there are some perfectly good updated live shows kindly uploaded by chris4laura and shotcorpse. If you know the past so well, you will never understand the future. That's what I say anyway.
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Dragonforce live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce live   Dragonforce live Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:24 am

chris4laura is a messenger sent to this earth to show haters that dragonforce are now good live lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Points : 2

Dragonforce live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce live   Dragonforce live Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:27 am

Yeah I'm going on the concert. But the band that's with them is spelled Turisas not Tunasas. And they did get better live.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
EveningStar505
Peasant
Peasant
EveningStar505

Male Number of posts : 12
User Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Dragonforce live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce live   Dragonforce live Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:50 pm

yep there way better live now Very Happy:D:D seen them in belfast not long ago SmileSmileSmile yea and turisas were amazing to SmileSmileSmileSmile but Dragonforce are like WOH!!!!!!!! there amazing SmileSmile Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Points : 228

Dragonforce live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce live   Dragonforce live Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:44 am

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:
chris4laura is a messenger sent to this earth to show haters that dragonforce are now good live lol!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Chaosdragon94
Soldier
Soldier
Chaosdragon94

Male Number of posts : 242
User Points : 76
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Dragonforce live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce live   Dragonforce live Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 2:44 pm

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:
Amen, my brotha.
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

Male Number of posts : 605
User Points : 26
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Dragonforce live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce live   Dragonforce live Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:02 pm

dragonforce is f-ing awesome live, so are powerglove and turisas, and nightwish with sonata arctica was amazing, so were the dropkick murphys, yeah that was three saturday nights in a row (orlando, tampa, tallahassee), moral of the story, we know it, how do we convince others, of thats right i don't give a rats absolute ass about others, long as the chosen know
Back to top Go down
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Points : 282

Dragonforce live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce live   Dragonforce live Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:23 pm

[Insert official "Dragonforce is simply amazing live" comment here]

Also, Dropkick Murphys didn't come my way (I don't think.) but I'm considering going to see Flogging Molly in March. I'm not sure the price yet, and I'm seeing Slipknot in Febuary. ($60 for pit tickets.) So I haven't fully made up my mind yet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
metaldrummer93
Warrior King
Warrior King
metaldrummer93

Male Number of posts : 764
User Points : 76
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Dragonforce live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce live   Dragonforce live Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 5:04 am

I havn't seen DragonForce live yet
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jasbmetaldrummer
Shadow501
Traveller
Traveller
Shadow501

Male Number of posts : 34
User Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Dragonforce live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce live   Dragonforce live Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:23 pm

I'm actually going to see Dragonforce live on April 28th. I'm so freaking excited!!! I'm also lucky that they're actually playing near my area, but seeing their tour locations in America, they seem to be mostly playing in somewhat big clubs/small arenas. The freaking bad videos on youtube and everyone thinking that they speed up their music in the studios needs to be enlightened. And said videos should be deleted off the internet.

I also think it's safe to say that Dragonforce is like the modern Metallica. They both played faster than everyone else when both bands entered the music business. I'm sure there were some people saying the same general things about Metallica as people now are saying about Dragonforce.

Then again, the internet and cell phones weren't around back in 1981.
Back to top Go down
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Points : 282

Dragonforce live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce live   Dragonforce live Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 11:47 am

You will NOT be disappointed sir. The only thing that could have made my show better was if there was a bigger crowd. Like you said, they're playing big clubs right now. I saw them at the Tabernacle in Atlanta, GA. The place has three floors plus VIP areas. People were spread out a bit (Not alot, but more than you should be on the floor.) and we still only filled alittle over half the floor. Then there was about 12 people on the first tier that the band kept calling out, and saying they should join us down below. Add to this that a couple months before hand, I went to the same club to see Deth Klok. You could not fit another single person into that building. I mean I was scared the floor might collapse. But anywho.....That's an issue with the crowd. Not the band. Hopefully you'll have more people. Are they still playing with Turisas & Power Glove? If so, then they both put on wonderful shows as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Dragonforce live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce live   Dragonforce live Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 11:22 pm

i've watched some of the decently recorded DF live videos on Youtube (like the Golden Gods performance) before and i really must say they are good live (as far as i can tell from just videos) and i cant figure out why people rail against them with shitty cell-phone vids when other bands sound just as shitty recorded on cell-phones (i've seen some abysmal Sonata Arctica vids recorded on cell phones, lol) =/

although i will add this, and you guys may not like it: Dragonforce aren't 'perfect' live (just like most bands aren't perfect either) Razz except ZP who is a top-tier vocalist Razz

in the end, since i will probably never have the privilege of seeing bands i like live, i will continue to judge solely on studio content, of which Dragonforce is exceptionally proficient (Ultra Beatdown has had a good share of spins in my car).
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Traveller
Traveller

Female Number of posts : 18
User Points : 20
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Dragonforce live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce live   Dragonforce live Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:13 pm

Ive expirenced DF get worse live as theyve gone on. in 2003/2004 they were awesome live. one of the best bands ive seen live (And believe me its alot!) but i saw them for the 6th time last year with Turisas (I did only buy my ticket for Turisas, but i thought id hang around and listen to Dragonforce) and DF were terrible. I couldnt even stay till the end of the first song :/ The last time i saw them (before last year) was 2006 and they were quite bad then
Back to top Go down
http://forum.hhlive.co.cc
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

Male Number of posts : 331
User Points : 338
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Dragonforce live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce live   Dragonforce live Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 1:17 pm

Fenrir wrote:
Ive expirenced DF get worse live as theyve gone on. in 2003/2004 they were awesome live. one of the best bands ive seen live (And believe me its alot!) but i saw them for the 6th time last year with Turisas (I did only buy my ticket for Turisas, but i thought id hang around and listen to Dragonforce) and DF were terrible. I couldnt even stay till the end of the first song :/ The last time i saw them (before last year) was 2006 and they were quite bad then

I saw them in 2006, and even tho I can't judge their musical performance because I don't really remember, I remember I was realllly impressed by their overall performance - they were all having fun on stage, and you can really tell when a band is having fun on stage, and it was the case with DF when I saw them in 2006... However, I saw them last year with Turisas (that rocked), and I was REALLY disappointed, they were not that bad musically, but I had the impression they were "snobbing" the crowd, and it really sucked... I think they lost what made them great live, which was, IMO, their interaction with the crowd, and the fun they were having on stage... Now, I just feel like they're doing their show, and not enjoying it... And the crowd feels that...

I was with 3 huge DF fans, and the only words we had to describe the performance was "boring"...
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

Male Number of posts : 334
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 388
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Dragonforce live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce live   Dragonforce live Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:30 pm

It just confuses me how they used to do good at one show and terrible the next. Maybe it depends on how motivated they are?
But from the one I went to this year, and the videos I've seen that aren't crap quality, I think they're doing better than they ever have. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/yesitsaj
Sponsored content

Dragonforce live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce live   Dragonforce live Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragonforce live
Page 1 of 1