PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Wish You A Metal Xmas And A Headbanging New Year Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Wish You A Metal Xmas And A Headbanging New Year I_vote_lcapWish You A Metal Xmas And A Headbanging New Year I_voting_barWish You A Metal Xmas And A Headbanging New Year I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
Wish You A Metal Xmas And A Headbanging New Year I_vote_lcapWish You A Metal Xmas And A Headbanging New Year I_voting_barWish You A Metal Xmas And A Headbanging New Year I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Wish You A Metal Xmas And A Headbanging New Year

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Wish You A Metal Xmas And A Headbanging New Year Empty
PostSubject: Wish You A Metal Xmas And A Headbanging New Year   Wish You A Metal Xmas And A Headbanging New Year Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:01 pm

This is a new album where various metal artists come together, to make one Xmas metal album. Below is what Kerrang! magazine said to it:

Album Review Page:

The credit crunch may be biting, but so long as we've got metal, there's no dampening everyone's Christmas cheer, right? Wrong, when you get this turd in your stocking in place of a lump of coal. It's funny up to track four, when you've taken Lemmy and Dave Grohl doing 'Run Rudolph Run', Alice Cooper warning that 'Santa Clause Is Coming To Town', and Dio and Tony Iommi rumbling through a doomy version of 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman, and then the joke enters Christmas cracker depths of mirth. Chuck Billy and Scott Ian's thrashing romp through 'Silent Night' is genuinely ace, but Doro Pesch doing 'Oh Christmas Tree', or Auld Lang Syne led by Girlschool? Bah, humbug.

Page 11:

'GROHL AND LEMMY RECORD FEEL GOOD HIT OF THE WINTER'

Foo Fighters Dave Grohl leads an all-star cast bringing a metal blast of festive cheer on a new Xmas album. 'We Wish You A Metal Christmas And A Headbanging New Year' is a noisy antidote to turkey dinners, boring socks and bloodied family disputes over Monopoly. Grohl steps behind the kit to join Motorhead frontman Lemmy and ZZ Top guitarist Billy Gibbons for a run through of 'Run Rudolph Run', a holiday classic made famous by 1950s rock n roller Chuck Berry. The 14 track album - produced by ex-Meatloaf guitarist dBob Kulick - also features Alice Cooper and members of Black Sabbath, Dio and Anthrax recording noisy twists on traditional Christmas anthems. Horn-flicking frontman Ronnie James Dio provides vocals on a doom-laden version of 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman' with Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi.
"The Metal Xmas album was a great opportunity to pay homage to my least favourite holiday," explains Dio.

We Wish You A Metal Xmas And A Headbanging New Year is out now through Armoury Records.

-------------------------------

So what do you think? Pretty cool. Definitely on my christmas list.
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Wish You A Metal Xmas And A Headbanging New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish You A Metal Xmas And A Headbanging New Year   Wish You A Metal Xmas And A Headbanging New Year Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:59 pm

Sounds nice. For all the people who wonder what it would sound like: Toy Dolls - Santa was a Skinhead.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa

Wish You A Metal Xmas And A Headbanging New Year
Page 1 of 1