PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
All-Time Favorite Album (s) Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
All-Time Favorite Album (s) I_vote_lcapAll-Time Favorite Album (s) I_voting_barAll-Time Favorite Album (s) I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
All-Time Favorite Album (s) I_vote_lcapAll-Time Favorite Album (s) I_voting_barAll-Time Favorite Album (s) I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

All-Time Favorite Album (s)

Go down 
+4
Lokimor
Vggamegod
infernoRS
Nergal131
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Nergal131

Male Number of posts : 291
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 399
Registration date : 2009-08-19

All-Time Favorite Album (s) Empty
PostSubject: All-Time Favorite Album (s)   All-Time Favorite Album (s) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:28 am

Well, I didn't see thread about this so I thought "why not" and I wouldn't use a poll because well, I think the reasons pretty obvious.

Pharaoh - The Longest Night
Messiah's Kiss - Prayer for the Dying
Heavens Gate - Livin' In Hysteria
Death - Sound of Perseverance
Wretch - Reborn

Anyway, what are yours?

Edit: Well, I've been listening to Ballistic for quite some time and goddamn, this is some quality US power metal right there. It's up there with the 5 aformentioned albums for sure.

Last edited by Nergal131 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

Male Number of posts : 360
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 367
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: All-Time Favorite Album (s)   All-Time Favorite Album (s) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:44 am

Meh it's an infinite list, hard to say. Once again, I'll regret if I write something here. Luckily those can be edited Razz
A couple:

Master Of Puppets - Metallica
Back In Black - AC/DC
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Silence - Sonata Arctica
Century Child - Nightwish

Just as I said it is an infinite list so they are not all and not the ultimate favorites.
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: All-Time Favorite Album (s)   All-Time Favorite Album (s) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:59 am

I'm not even going to take a shot at this one.
Back to top Go down
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Nergal131

PostSubject: Re: All-Time Favorite Album (s)   All-Time Favorite Album (s) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:01 am

Vggamegod wrote:

Well, you know, you could make it a Top 5/10 bracket for every genre you have atleast 5/10 great albums in.
Back to top Go down
Lokimor
Soldier
Soldier
Lokimor

Male Number of posts : 103
User Points : 86
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: All-Time Favorite Album (s)   All-Time Favorite Album (s) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:12 pm

Some of my favorite albums of all time, not in order. It's something really interesting to do, you must think about which albums you REALLY like more than any other ones. It's not as easy as saying: I like everything lol!

Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the other Side
Wintersun - Wintersun
Ensiferum - Ensiferum
Ensiferum - Iron
Agalloch - Ashes against the Grain
Elvenking - Wyrd
Elvenking - The Winter Wake
Moonsorrow - Voimasta Ja Kunniasta
Sonata Arctica - Unia
Turisas - The Varangian Way
Draconian - Arcane Rain Fell

These are the albums i'll never get tired of. Yup, my favorite albums are all kinda popular in a way.
Back to top Go down
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Nergal131

PostSubject: Re: All-Time Favorite Album (s)   All-Time Favorite Album (s) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:19 pm

Lokimor wrote:
Some of my favorite albums of all time, not in order. It's something really interesting to do, you must think about which albums you REALLY like more than any other ones. It's not as easy as saying: I like everything lol!

Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the other Side
Wintersun - Wintersun
Ensiferum - Ensiferum
Ensiferum - Iron
Agalloch - Ashes against the Grain
Elvenking - Wyrd
Elvenking - The Winter Wake
Moonsorrow - Voimasta Ja Kunniasta
Sonata Arctica - Unia
Turisas - The Varangian Way
Draconian - Arcane Rain Fell

These are the albums i'll never get tired of. Yup, my favorite albums are all kinda popular in a way.

Popular or not, there are some really awesome albums you've got there. Although I like Battle Metal more, The Varangian way is an excellent choice. Ensiferum's Iron is another great pick.
Back to top Go down
Lokimor
Soldier
Soldier
Lokimor

Male Number of posts : 103
User Points : 86
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: All-Time Favorite Album (s)   All-Time Favorite Album (s) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:31 pm

Nergal131 wrote:
Popular or not, there are some really awesome albums you've got there. Although I like Battle Metal more, The Varangian way is an excellent choice. Ensiferum's Iron is another great pick.

Well, Battle Metal has more great songs than Varangian way, but I always thought The Varangian Way was more consistent. Each song follows well the other one, the production and the performence of Mathias(singer) are much better than the first album, and the quality of the story is much better than their lyrics of their first album. The Varangian Way will live whatever how old it will be. Still, Battle Metal was a solid release too.
Back to top Go down
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Nergal131

PostSubject: Re: All-Time Favorite Album (s)   All-Time Favorite Album (s) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:40 pm

Lokimor wrote:
Nergal131 wrote:

Well, Battle Metal has more great songs than Varangian way, but I always thought The Varangian Way was more consistent. Each song follows well the other one, the production and the performence of Mathias(singer) are much better than the first album, and the quality of the story is much better than their lyrics of their first album. The Varangian Way will live whatever how old it will be. Still, Battle Metal was a solid release too.

I can see where you're coming from, Varangian Way has awesome songs following up on each other but Battle Metal's song in general of higher value imo. Songs like Battle Metal itself, One More, The Messenger, Rex Regi Rebellis and more are just awesome, even though they don't really a certain basis.

I can't say anything about lyrical content being better because I don't really mind "bad" lyrics. It's all about the music for me, so can't say anything about that part. But hey, both albums are awesome.

Oh yeah, saw them live once and the played both songs from Battle Metal and songs from Varangian and were equally amazing. They were even better than Dragonforce that night.
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: All-Time Favorite Album (s)   All-Time Favorite Album (s) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 3:37 pm

damn thats a quite difficult topic! Powerslave and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son and all COB albums are definitely my favorite since i never get tired of them but i also love Ultra Beatdown, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, Once and many others. For me its just a matter of time before i get bored with some albums thats why i cant select any of them to have as an all time favorite.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: All-Time Favorite Album (s)   All-Time Favorite Album (s) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Yeah Vigg got it right, it's too hard to pick a favorite album. So i'll just do my highest list. Razz

1.) Ensiferum - Victory Songs
2.) Opeth - Watershed
3.) Opeth - Still Life
4.) Wintersun - Wintersun
5.) Blind Guardian - A Night at the Opera (though it can burn me out with the supervocals lol)
6.) Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God
7.) Sonata Arctica - Reckoning Night
8.) Fairyland - Score to a New Beginning
9.) Testament - The Formation of Damnation
10.) SNSD - The Second Mini Album
11.) Chthonic - Mirror of Retribution (just got it, AMAZING symphonic folkblack metal)
12.) Paul Oakenfold - Bunkka
13.) Aphex Twin - drukqs
14.) Eric Johnson - Ah Via Musicom
15.) Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
16.) Mors Principium Est - The Unborn
17.) BoA - Made in Twenty (20)
18.) SuidAkrA - Caledonia
19.) Strapping Young Lad - Alien
20.) Therion - Gothic Kabbalah
21.) Pink Floyd - Wish you Were Here

Although I have to say, one of my FAVORITE albums at the time is "Who's Next" by the Who.
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: All-Time Favorite Album (s)   All-Time Favorite Album (s) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:33 pm

Nergal131 wrote:
Vggamegod wrote:

Well, you know, you could make it a Top 5/10 bracket for every genre you have atleast 5/10 great albums in.

I have 400 albums, that would still be pretty hard.
Back to top Go down
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Nergal131

PostSubject: Re: All-Time Favorite Album (s)   All-Time Favorite Album (s) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:16 am

Vggamegod wrote:
Nergal131 wrote:
Vggamegod wrote:

I have 400 albums, that would still be pretty hard.

Well, I have to admit, at first I was actually planning on making a thread about the all-time favorite Power Metal albums, but I forgot to put it in the name.

Would that be a better idea?
Back to top Go down
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
BuzzPhil

Male Number of posts : 458
User Reputation : 3
User Points : 533
Registration date : 2009-06-25

PostSubject: Re: All-Time Favorite Album (s)   All-Time Favorite Album (s) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:16 am

WinterSon wrote:

2.) Opeth - Watershed
4.) Wintersun - Wintersun
7.) Sonata Arctica - Reckoning Night
9.) Testament - The Formation of Damnation
20.) Therion - Gothic Kabbalah

A lot of good choices!! Especially those ones!!

For me...

POWER METAL
Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica [1999]

THRASH METAL
Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? [1986]

HEAVY METAL
Iron Maiden - Powerslave [1984]

ALTERNATIVE / NU-METAL
Godsmack - Faceless [2003]
and
Disturbed - Indestructible [2008]

PROGRESSIVE METAL
Dream Theater - Octavarium [2004]

DEATH METAL (All Sub-Genres and Mix)
Neuraxis - Trilateral Progression [2005]

BLACK METAL
Stormlord - Mare Nostrum [2008]

SYMPHONIC METAL
Therion - Gothic Kabbalah [2007]

GROOVE METAL
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wakes [2004]

DOOM METAL
Candlemass - Nightfall [1987]

SLUDGE METAL
Mastodon - Crack The Skye [2009]
Back to top Go down
7YearsOfBlood
Peasant
Peasant
7YearsOfBlood

Female Number of posts : 5
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 5
Registration date : 2013-01-07

PostSubject: Re: All-Time Favorite Album (s)   All-Time Favorite Album (s) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:44 am

I'd say personally, bearing in mind I'm fairly new to the metal genre, My top 3 would be:

Amon Amarth- With Oden On Our Side
Slayer- Reign In Blood
Marilyn Manson- Antichrist Superstar

I know Marilyn isn't metal, but I love that album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All-Time Favorite Album (s)   All-Time Favorite Album (s) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All-Time Favorite Album (s)
Page 1 of 1