PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_vote_lcapBest Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_voting_barBest Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_vote_lcapBest Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_voting_barBest Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Best Sonata Arctica Song

Go down 
+5
Vggamegod
Metallhead123
exact33
PowerMetalLivesOn
BuzzPhil
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What is your favourite Sonata Arctica song?
UnOpened [Ecliptica]
Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Fullmoon [Ecliptica]
Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
8th Commandment [Ecliptica]
 0% [ 0 ]
Replica [Ecliptica]
Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
Wolf & Raven [Silence]
Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Black Sheep [Silence]
 0% [ 0 ]
Last Drop Falls [Silence]
 0% [ 0 ]
San Sebastian [Silence]
Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Tallulah [Silence]
 0% [ 0 ]
Broken [Winterheart's Guild]
 0% [ 0 ]
Victoria's Secret [Winterheart's Guild]
 0% [ 0 ]
The Cage [Winterheart's Guild]
 0% [ 0 ]
The Ruins Of My Life [Winterheart's Guild]
 0% [ 0 ]
Don't Say A Word [Reckoning Night]
Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Ain't Your Fairytale [Reckoning Night]
 0% [ 0 ]
White Pearl, Black Oceans... [Reckoning Night]
 0% [ 0 ]
My Selene [Reckoning Night]
 13% [ 1 ]
Paid In Full [Unia]
 0% [ 0 ]
Caleb [Unia]
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Sonata Arctica Song   Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 am

Metallhead123 wrote:
Elias = Virtuoso
Jani = NOT Virtuoso

Yeah, i'm not that impressed by Liimatainen either. Razz
Mäenpää, Vai, anyone who's in Jazz Fusion bands, they could probably recreate Jani's solos perfectly if not better. Razz
Not to mention sometimes Jani's tone just has way too much treble live. :\

I view a virtuoso as someone who has an album that showcases all of what he's capable of as a main shining point. Meaning, if you're a guitar virtuoso, make a fucking guitar album, screw the vocals, and show off every trick in your sleeve. Viljanen has done that. Razz

Yeah, I don't call every guitarist that knows how to solo and sweep talented. Razz
Takes quite a bit to earn THAT title.
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
holliday46
Soldier
Soldier
holliday46

Male Number of posts : 114
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 130
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Best Sonata Arctica Song   Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:06 pm

Quote :
Metallhead123 wrote:
Really? He has a solo album then?
since when do u need to make a solo album to be a virtuoso. from a musical; point of view jani plays with clarity and speed and precision i have never seen before dont get me wrong i like elias too and he is an amazing guitarist but live he uses much more gain and plays the solos for SA well albeit alittle sloppy. also he is alot like malmsteen who is an amazing player no doubt but sticks to playing scales note for note pretty much (mostly harmonic minor). jani is self taught and has his own variations on scales much like marty friedman and has alot of room for improvisation in them resulting in a sound that is uniquely janis that i cant find from anyone else,
Quote :
Mäenpää, Vai, anyone who's in Jazz Fusion bands, they could probably recreate Jani's solos perfectly if not better. Razz
shure maybe they could recreate them but write them?? i very much doubt it. i didnt want to offend anyone or force my views either in this but it seems like the argument comes from favoritism. seriously guys, both amazing guitarists in their own unique way but i have to give it to jani. and i am looking forward to the new album Horns Horns
Back to top Go down
Metallhead123
Warrior King
Warrior King
Metallhead123

Male Number of posts : 539
User Reputation : 5
User Points : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Best Sonata Arctica Song   Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:58 pm

holliday46 wrote:
Quote :
Metallhead123 wrote:
Really? He has a solo album then?
since when do u need to make a solo album to be a virtuoso. from a musical; point of view jani plays with clarity and speed and precision i have never seen before dont get me wrong i like elias too and he is an amazing guitarist but live he uses much more gain and plays the solos for SA well albeit alittle sloppy. also he is alot like malmsteen who is an amazing player no doubt but sticks to playing scales note for note pretty much (mostly harmonic minor). jani is self taught and has his own variations on scales much like marty friedman and has alot of room for improvisation in them resulting in a sound that is uniquely janis that i cant find from anyone else,
Quote :
shure maybe they could recreate them but write them?? i very much doubt it. i didnt want to offend anyone or force my views either in this but it seems like the argument comes from favoritism. seriously guys, both amazing guitarists in their own unique way but i have to give it to jani. and i am looking forward to the new album Horns Horns

I can positively say that that bunch o' testicles means nothing. Smile

I believe you definitely need at least one solo album to be considered a Virtuoso.
You want something from an unbiased point of view? Then I didn't think that John Petrucci was a Virtuoso until he released Suspended Animation. Petrucci being my absolute favorite of all time, that says a lot. Also, the same goes with my other favorite Jeff Loomis who to me only last year turned Virtuoso Very Happy

I'm sorry but you can't give the title of "Virtuoso" to every guitarist you like. Not until they've done something on their own, can you do that. "Cain's Offering", should it be guitar orientated will surely make Jani a Virtuoso.

Jari is a Virtuoso because Wintersun's "Wintersun" was all him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MetalHeadOwnage
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

PostSubject: Re: Best Sonata Arctica Song   Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:11 pm

holliday46 wrote:
Quote :

They can technically write their own solos with a lot more clarity, skill, precision, and power than Jani's. Razz
I love Jani, but in my little musical world it's survival of the fittest.
Looking at it from a power metal advantage, Jani is pretty good, he plays the fast solos and shreds, cool.
Compare that without bias to say Eric Johnson, who can do far and wide anything from fancy pop music, country picking, jazz fusion, and hard rock. Easily the one with the most skill is Eric Johnson. In the end though, favoritism comes from personal opinion, it doesn't regard skill, it regards the bias of the choices one picks. A rap fan isn't going to give one rats ass about the Best Guitarist or Best Drummer in the world, they are biased to the fact their music really doesn't require them, they just need a sampler, see if they met the BEST DJ in the world, then they'd be shitting their pants. Wink

The only favoritism in this argument is coming from people who don't base themselves off the facts at this moment.
Imagine back in the 80s, Jimmy Page vs. Steve Vai. Everyone would go Jimmy Page because they haven't had the chance to see Vai fully develop yet, Page plays this, Vai can play at least three times better than Page now, hell he could play three times better than Page when he started, people just never game him the chance, just believing in their little Zeppelin world. Wink
I can't compare Jani to other guitarists at this moment, he doesn't break a lot of lists, he isn't that special either. I'll see if he releases a solo album with him trying out other styles, then I can say if he's got something there, and i'm sure a lot of people will be all the more amazed if he does. Razz

In about another year of two, say a Sonata album and a Viljanen album here and there, Elias is going to wipe the floor with a lot of guitarists. Some of these may be Vai, may be Satriani, who knows who cares. Razz
Those who win my top spot are those who deserve the top spot in lists without bias or personal opinion, in fact I wipe away my own personal opinion when judging a guitarist's skill.
I can say Mäenpää is god overall, but if I compared him to some backwoods Jazz Fusion guitarist, i'm going to diss Jari, and support the Jazz Fusion guitarist. Wink
Back to top Go down
holliday46
Soldier
Soldier
holliday46

Male Number of posts : 114
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 130
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Best Sonata Arctica Song   Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:01 am

i feel like this is turning into an argumentand i dont want to offend anyone everyone is entitled to their own, i was of course speaking from a strictly power metal perspective, however yes those who know more theory and can encompass more styles clearly win (as long as they are creative mind you ), hell i know this kid at guitar center thats 15 and he damn near shreds even elias under the table then hel walk over to the fender amps and start playing bluegrass, blues,country you name it. but like i said to each his own i am looking forward to the new album and i do enjoy the fire hearted album but i can only hope jani releases his own because that would def be freakin cool. cheers

stay metal!! Shredding
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Best Sonata Arctica Song   Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:52 am

Kai Hansen is God. Period.
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

PostSubject: Re: Best Sonata Arctica Song   Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:05 am

Vggamegod wrote:
Kai Hansen is God. Period.

This man speaks truth.
(Lots of truths out there though Smile)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Sonata Arctica Song   Best Sonata Arctica Song - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Sonata Arctica Song
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2