PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? I_vote_lcapLife On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? I_voting_barLife On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? I_vote_lcapLife On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? I_voting_barLife On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes?

Go down 
+2
PowerMetalLivesOn
TCJacko
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? Empty
PostSubject: Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes?   Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:05 pm

What do you think is out there? Aliens? Marshions? REAL PEOPLE?

I think that currently, our planet is the only one with life on. Bit boring.

But, that doesn't mean to say that there hasn't been other active planets somewhere back in time? (hehe Up The Irons!)

I think what I say may be rather accurate, but you'd think otherwise. But here we go anyway:

I think the existence of BLACK HOLES come from planets turning INSIDE OUT. Yes, actually just turns itself inside out over time.

So, is our planet.... NEXT?

I don't know, but I don't think it's happening in our lifetime.

I think this will happen in billions of years, when the sun has died.
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes?   Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:19 pm

The sun is approximately half way through its life. 7 billion years to go I think. The Earth will be completely destroyed when that happens but I think that people don't understand the sheer vastness of the universe. It takes light 14 billion years to go from one end to the other. It goes round the Earth 7 times per second so this is a distance that I don't think anyone truely understands. The chances of their being other life forms elsewhere should be considered extremely likely. And just remember, we are just a solar system on an outer arm of the galaxy, there being billions of galaxies in the universe.

There are certain mites on Earth that can survive -270C cold and up to 350C heat, survive UV radiation 1000 times that of being on the Equator, survive the low pressure and airless outer space and more extraordinary things. We are a perfect distance from the sun and have conditions perfect for mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, amphibians etc to survive for dozens of years.......but there could be thousands of other species that could survive in different conditions that the Earth does not provide.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes?   Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:22 pm

well there is no possibility that we are the only planet where there is life. there are more than billions of stars and planets. as for the past there are a lot of greek legends talking about other beings and life on the moon. they also describe the history of mankind but as i said they are just legends until some proof is going to be found or be widelt known if someone has already found something
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

PostSubject: Re: Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes?   Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:33 pm

I'm not sure proof will ever be found. Obviously you have things like the Roswell Incident in 1947 and the unidentified spacecraft seen by the Apollo 11 astronauts in 1969 (they pretended they knew what it was so that the public didn't panic)

But look at the pathetic distance covered by unmanned spacecraft.....a spacecraft is going to Pluto and back and apparantly the whole thing is taking about 70 years. And think how small that distance is in comparison with the universe.....it's ridiculous
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm

PostSubject: Re: Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes?   Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:40 pm

Well, just think what planets have we seen?

The moon. If they were actually on the moon, yes, human has been to the moon. However, Jupiter has not one, but twelve moons. I don't actually think there is anything on any moon, infact, Jupiter is just a huge ball of gas, so organisms can't exactly live there except for maybe unknown bird-like species.

We have seen various shots of Mars, Venus and Mercury from a unmanned space craft set out to space by NASA to take photos of the planets.

But we haven't seen Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus or even Pluto.
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

PostSubject: Re: Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes?   Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:45 pm

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:
I'm not sure proof will ever be found. Obviously you have things like the Roswell Incident in 1947 and the unidentified spacecraft seen by the Apollo 11 astronauts in 1969 (they pretended they knew what it was so that the public didn't panic)

But look at the pathetic distance covered by unmanned spacecraft.....a spacecraft is going to Pluto and back and apparantly the whole thing is taking about 70 years. And think how small that distance is in comparison with the universe.....it's ridiculous

well since the light speed is the fastest thing known to man ive heard the only way to travel faster is to compress time by using black holes as portals if this is possible. still, as you said, it is ridicilous of even thinking about communicating with other beings. only if these guys come over here we can acomplish something
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

PostSubject: Re: Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes?   Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:52 pm

I think the chances of their being two planets supporting life, both in the same solar system would be very impressive. That being said though, there has been traces found on Mars of what looks like water. Now obviously we know that water is just a compound - a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen in a liquid form - so water doesn't mean that there is life, and life doesn't have to mean there is water.....but finding water so close to Earth has got to be either very strange or very promising because life on Earth lives around water. I'm not saying there are green Martians who will beam us up but there could easily be microscopic organisms - after all, that's how life on Earth began - it took millions of years on Earth so it would be so unlikely that another planet would be at a similar stage to us.
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

PostSubject: Re: Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes?   Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 2:16 pm

its not that i believe what im going to write but there is still a small possibility.

one of the old tales of my country (or people claim that it has it roots on the ancient greek world) says that there is life on the moon. scientists say that moon makes a perfect circle around the Earth something which is very unusual. Also it is said that the moon should be going further from the Earth instead of coming closer as the sun has more power to attract planets that the Earth has and thats because of his size. Some people believe that the man has never stepped on the moon and the robots that have been sent there found out that all the meteors and asteroids that hit moon couldnt reach a depth below a certain point so that lead to the theory that there is something hard inside the moon and what we can see is its cover. Those tales i was speaking of claim that there is a whole civilisation inside it, just like a small Earth, who waits for the destruction in order to save us someday.

Ill say this again, i dont believe all this thing and dont call me crazy but they are just rumours that exist here and ive been hearing of. Still i have to accept that there is even a small possibility that some of this stuff are real since we havent found something to reject it neither to prove its truth.
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes?   Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:46 pm

As things move outwards, who knows what the next planet that can support life may be. Mars may have been life's holder before us. Venus may be next.
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes?   Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:00 am

If there is other living beings out there - who's to say they are vicious and aggressive? Maybe they are just as afraid of us as we are afraid of them? Maybe they have fancy computers and flashy cars? Who knows? And building on that...

Who's to even say there are alien beings? Of course there's always been the alien myths but most myths are not true.

Maybe there are just real people, living normal lives just like us.

Nobody has any proof of this being untrue so no-one at this point can assure themselves that this isn't true.

Unless the Roswell incident was actually real, humans have never seen alien beings before.
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes?   Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:31 pm

If there's life elsewhere in the universe (and I believe there most likely is) it would be great. On the other hand, it's not likely we'll ever meet them. This world values ancient traditions and superstitions over space exploration, so count on never finding out.

Evil aliens makes for great cinema, but in reality it's almost certain an advanced race would have no use in killing humans or ravaging Earth.

Add to the knowledge that by 'life' it doesn't necessarily mean human, humanoid, or even capable of interacting with humans. We're gonna have to pave our own way into the future, no alien race is going to 'save' or 'destroy' us. You can count on that ;D
Back to top Go down
xComplexCondradictionx
Peasant
Peasant
xComplexCondradictionx

Female Number of posts : 8
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 12
Registration date : 2012-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes?   Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:03 pm

Hm, what an interesting thread. I happen to be a huge astronomy nerd, so this is perfect for me. First, whoever said something about black holes being imploded planets or something, you were close. A black hole is actually the remains of a fallen star. There are three types of them--stellar black holes, supermassive black holes, and mini black holes. It is speculated that there may be a supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy called Sagitarrius A*. And in response to the reply that said that Mars may have had life and Venus may be next... Well, there is a possibly that Mars may have sustained life at one point, and this also holds true for Venus. However, Venus can never sustain life again because it is extremely hot (because of the clouds that surround it and lock the heat in). Some scientists believe that Venus could be a representation of what might happen after we undergo global warming. As for life on other planets? Scientists have yet to find any life, but there just might be life on one of Jupiter's moons, Europa. Only time will tell.

I could go on and on about astronomical topics, but I'll refrain. I already had to stop myself from yammering about black holes too long, so I think I'll stop there.

So, my answer is yes, there could be life on other planets/in other universes. If the conditions are just right (like ours), than it is highly possible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mystery22.blog.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes?   Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life On Other Planets, Or In Other Universes?
Page 1 of 1