PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_lcapIs DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_voting_barIs DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_lcapIs DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_voting_barIs DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Is DragonForce your favourite band?

Go down 
+11
DragonsFire9000
Lokimor
PowerMetalLivesOn
Rokai
joplajop
Metallhead123
Chaosdragon94
Metal Dragon
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
MetalNiller
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Yes, DragonForce is definately number 1!
Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 8 ]
DragonForce is one of my favourite bands.
Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
The band is pretty awesome!
Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap22%Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
They are good.
Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
They are ok.
Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
I don't really like them.
Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
They totally suck!
Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:45 pm

TCJacko wrote:
MetalNiller wrote:
ZP Theart's vocals:
Studio = GREAT!
Live = mediocre -.-

The guitar-play sounds very weird too...

If you mean they are too quiet live, you are right.
If you mean they are sloppy, wrong.

Haha yeah.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
StarchaserDF
Traveller
Traveller
StarchaserDF

Male Number of posts : 60
User Points : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 2:48 pm

Ohh yeah dragonforce is my faovirte band!
Back to top Go down
http://dragonforceboards.forumotion.com/your-first-forum-f1/welc
Lokimor
Soldier
Soldier
Lokimor

Male Number of posts : 103
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 86
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:15 pm

MetalNiller wrote:
TCJacko wrote:
joplajop wrote:
Lokimor wrote:
I'm the other one who voted "they suck". Actually, my vote would go between "I don't really like them" and "they totally suck". Dragonforce are one of the few Power Metal bands that I couldn't listen to one whole album without getting tired. Of course, they are talented musiciens, they have some good songs, but most of their songs are simply too repetitive, and they try "too much" to do something powerful and catchy. The only album that I haven't listened yet is Ultra Beatdown.

Well, I think Dragonforce give a bad image to Power Metal.
Thats true.

Lokimor I order you to listen to Ultra Beatdown lol!

Just listen to the Reasons To Live solo. It sounds like something Led Zep would do. So different, as is the rest of the album.

Everything in Inhuman Rampage and maybe some of Sonic Firestorm was almost identical. Every chorus would usually start with '(So) Far away', and parts of the solos sounded like the whole thing had just been copied and pasted.
And have you heard Prepare For War, and then Fury Of The Storm (off Sonic Firestorm)?

The Prepare For War intro sounded EXACTLY like Fury Of The Storm's, except it just sounded like they had changed it to a mono sound rather than a stereo.

Anyway, DragonForce are different now. They are awesome live, their songs are not similar anymore, and for all I know, if they ever did speed up stuff they do not anymore.

And I completely disagree with the last thing you said about DragonForce giving a bad image to power metal. How many times has a power metal band besides DragonForce been entered into Download? Wacken? Britain's biggest festival and the biggest festival in the world?

I don't know, but it's not more than 5. If you think DragonForce give a bad image to power metal, that is fine, since that is an opinion.

But as I said, DragonForce are getting into all these festivals, that they may obtain fans while they are there, and then those fans could discover power metal, and like it, ALL BECAUSE OF DRAGONFORCE. DragonForce are doing Power Metal a BIG favour. Therefore, respect is due.

OMG, you're so right Jack! I also think DF is doing Power Metal a great favour. It's not my favourite band, but for the moment I'm very much in love with Reasons To Live. Before that my favourites were: My Spirit Will Go On, Valley Of The Damned and Cry Of The Brave Horns

I very much respect DF for their founding of the genre "Extreme Power Metal" (if such thing excists?). I think it's very cool that they have taking Power Metal to a new level. Aren't they the "Heaviest" Power Metal band? They are the Heaviest I know Very Happy

DF was the first Heavy Metal band I heard (about 1,5 years ago). There is one big minus on DF though: Their live-perfomance...

Dragonforce aren't Extreme Power Metal at all, and they didn't invent anything.
Back to top Go down
joplajop
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
joplajop

Male Number of posts : 294
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 56
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 2:26 am

Lokimor wrote:
MetalNiller wrote:
TCJacko wrote:
joplajop wrote:
Lokimor wrote:
I'm the other one who voted "they suck". Actually, my vote would go between "I don't really like them" and "they totally suck". Dragonforce are one of the few Power Metal bands that I couldn't listen to one whole album without getting tired. Of course, they are talented musiciens, they have some good songs, but most of their songs are simply too repetitive, and they try "too much" to do something powerful and catchy. The only album that I haven't listened yet is Ultra Beatdown.

Thats true.

Just listen to the Reasons To Live solo. It sounds like something Led Zep would do. So different, as is the rest of the album.

Everything in Inhuman Rampage and maybe some of Sonic Firestorm was almost identical. Every chorus would usually start with '(So) Far away', and parts of the solos sounded like the whole thing had just been copied and pasted.
And have you heard Prepare For War, and then Fury Of The Storm (off Sonic Firestorm)?

The Prepare For War intro sounded EXACTLY like Fury Of The Storm's, except it just sounded like they had changed it to a mono sound rather than a stereo.

Anyway, DragonForce are different now. They are awesome live, their songs are not similar anymore, and for all I know, if they ever did speed up stuff they do not anymore.

And I completely disagree with the last thing you said about DragonForce giving a bad image to power metal. How many times has a power metal band besides DragonForce been entered into Download? Wacken? Britain's biggest festival and the biggest festival in the world?

I don't know, but it's not more than 5. If you think DragonForce give a bad image to power metal, that is fine, since that is an opinion.

But as I said, DragonForce are getting into all these festivals, that they may obtain fans while they are there, and then those fans could discover power metal, and like it, ALL BECAUSE OF DRAGONFORCE. DragonForce are doing Power Metal a BIG favour. Therefore, respect is due.

OMG, you're so right Jack! I also think DF is doing Power Metal a great favour. It's not my favourite band, but for the moment I'm very much in love with Reasons To Live. Before that my favourites were: My Spirit Will Go On, Valley Of The Damned and Cry Of The Brave Horns

I very much respect DF for their founding of the genre "Extreme Power Metal" (if such thing excists?). I think it's very cool that they have taking Power Metal to a new level. Aren't they the "Heaviest" Power Metal band? They are the Heaviest I know Very Happy

DF was the first Heavy Metal band I heard (about 1,5 years ago). There is one big minus on DF though: Their live-perfomance...

agreed
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 6:20 am

joplajop wrote:
Lokimor wrote:
MetalNiller wrote:
TCJacko wrote:
joplajop wrote:
Lokimor wrote:

Thats true.

agreed
Do some research about them.
Back to top Go down
Lokimor
Soldier
Soldier
Lokimor

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 8:27 am

What? Research what about them? Even if I see somewhere that it says they are Extreme Power metal, I won't believe it, it is ridiculous. It's even more impossible that they created this sub-genre, DF are way too young.

No, Dragonforce didn't take Power Metal to any new level, they just repeated what was already done, of course, they have their own sound, but that's all.
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 8:30 am

This Extreme Power Metal thing is like Turisas. They're of course viking/folk metal but they say they're battle metal.
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Points : 228

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:15 am

Lokimor wrote:
What? Research what about them? Even if I see somewhere that it says they are Extreme Power metal, I won't believe it, it is ridiculous. It's even more impossible that they created this sub-genre, DF are way too young.

No, Dragonforce didn't take Power Metal to any new level, they just repeated what was already done, of course, they have their own sound, but that's all.

It makes a band better to be different..

If they do something that no-one has ever done before, people could love it, or hate it.

DragonForce have a sound like no other band on earth. Because they are the only Extreme Power Metal band on earth.

If you compare Blind Guardian to DragonForce, DragonForce is more mad, more ambitious, and very very, different. Now, that in no way says they are better than BG, I understand that.

But if everything was the same, it'd be boring. That's why it is different, so there is a wider range of metal.
Back to top Go down
MetalNiller
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
MetalNiller

Male Number of posts : 346
User Points : 49
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:28 am

TCJacko wrote:
Lokimor wrote:

It makes a band better to be different..

If they do something that no-one has ever done before, people could love it, or hate it.

DragonForce have a sound like no other band on earth. Because they are the only Extreme Power Metal band on earth.

If you compare Blind Guardian to DragonForce, DragonForce is more mad, more ambitious, and very very, different. Now, that in no way says they are better than BG, I understand that.

But if everything was the same, it'd be boring. That's why it is different, so there is a wider range of metal.

I agree! DragonForce makes Metal like never seen before! They have some of the fastest (atleast studio) guitar-play in the world... And blast-beat wasn't used much in Power Metal, before DF. If they really are "copying, with new sound of course", then I would like to know what they are copying? Smile

Btw, I hate when people say "Children Of Bodom = Extreme Power Metal"! Have they ever heard about "Melodic Death Metal"? lol!
Back to top Go down
Lokimor
Soldier
Soldier
Lokimor

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:53 pm

"Melodic Death Metal" is over used. Many many bands that are known as Melodic Death Metal are, in fact, Extreme Power Metal.

C'mon, you can like a band as much as you want, but you don't need to give them false tributes. Those kinds of things piss people off, and that's why there are sometimes so many haters.
Back to top Go down
MetalNiller
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
MetalNiller

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:14 am

Lokimor wrote:
"Melodic Death Metal" is over used. Many many bands that are known as Melodic Death Metal are, in fact, Extreme Power Metal.

C'mon, you can like a band as much as you want, but you don't need to give them false tributes. Those kinds of things piss people off, and that's why there are sometimes so many haters.

Since when have growling-vocals become part of Power Metal? No dude, bands like Children Of Bodom are Death Metal!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:29 am

CoB arent death metal

melodic death metal at most

and it takes us through the whole thing that CoB and Cradle of Filth can't be put into a specific genre of metal because they change too much
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
MetalNiller
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
MetalNiller

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:26 am

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:
CoB arent death metal

melodic death metal at most

and it takes us through the whole thing that CoB and Cradle of Filth can't be put into a specific genre of metal because they change too much

Sorry, I actually meant Melodeath...

And you are probably right... But still I would say:
CoB = Melodeath (early Black)
Cradle Of Filth = Extreme Metal
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lokimor
Soldier
Soldier
Lokimor

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:48 pm

MetalNiller wrote:
Lokimor wrote:

Since when have growling-vocals become part of Power Metal? No dude, bands like Children Of Bodom are Death Metal!!! Smile

Since when we can change a musical style just because of the vocals? Anyway, growling-vocals are often parts of Extreme Power Metal.

Wintersun = Extreme Power
Norther = Extreme Power
Ensiferum = Mix of Extreme Power and Folk Metal.
Kiuas = Extreme Power
Kalmah = Extreme Power

In no way these bands sound like Death Metal.
Back to top Go down
MetalNiller
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
MetalNiller

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:25 am

Lokimor wrote:
MetalNiller wrote:
Lokimor wrote:

Since when we can change a musical style just because of the vocals? Anyway, growling-vocals are often parts of Extreme Power Metal.

Norther = Extreme Power
Kiuas = Extreme Power
Kalmah = Extreme Power

I don't know Kiuas... But I would say that Norther, Wintersun (mix with Power Metal), Ensiferum (mix with Folk Metal) and Kalmah are Melodic Death Metal bands!

On Kalmah's officially website they are describe themselves as "melodic trash/speed/death metal". And Wikipedia says they are "Melodic Death Metal".

Ensiferum is, according to Wikipedia a Viking/Folk/Melodic Death Metal band. And on the officially Ensiferum website: "heroic folk death metal"!
study
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:52 am

Lokimor wrote:
MetalNiller wrote:
Lokimor wrote:

Norther = Extreme Power
Kiuas = Extreme Power
Kalmah = Extreme Power

Yeah ZP growls a lot.
Back to top Go down
DRAGONSOUL amIdoinItRight
Peasant
Peasant

Male Number of posts : 2
User Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:06 am

Yeah Dragonforce are definatley my favourite band, I can't stop listening to them, I can listen to all 43 of their songs over and over and I never tire of them
Back to top Go down
joplajop
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
joplajop

Male Number of posts : 294
User Points : 56
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:20 am

DRAGONSOUL amIdoinItRight wrote:
Yeah Dragonforce are definatley my favourite band, I can't stop listening to them, I can listen to all 43 of their songs over and over and I never tire of them
Can you really do that?
You must be a god!!!
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:52 am

DRAGONSOUL amIdoinItRight wrote:

its true the feeling they give to you is one of a kind. they are definitely one of the best bands ive ever heard too. oh and welcome to the forums Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
MetalNiller
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
MetalNiller

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:56 am

Rokai wrote:
Lokimor wrote:
MetalNiller wrote:
Lokimor wrote:

Norther = Extreme Power
Kiuas = Extreme Power
Kalmah = Extreme Power

Yeah ZP growls a lot.

Thx for backing me up Rokai. DF is the only Extreme Power Metal band i know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:58 pm

Guys. If you're not sure about a band's genre, look it up on wikipedia or metal-archives.
Back to top Go down
Lokimor
Soldier
Soldier
Lokimor

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:43 pm

MetalNiller wrote:
Lokimor wrote:
MetalNiller wrote:
Lokimor wrote:

Norther = Extreme Power
Kiuas = Extreme Power
Kalmah = Extreme Power

I don't know Kiuas... But I would say that Norther, Wintersun (mix with Power Metal), Ensiferum (mix with Folk Metal) and Kalmah are Melodic Death Metal bands!

On Kalmah's officially website they are describe themselves as "melodic trash/speed/death metal". And Wikipedia says they are "Melodic Death Metal".

Ensiferum is, according to Wikipedia a Viking/Folk/Melodic Death Metal band. And on the officially Ensiferum website: "heroic folk death metal"!
study

1. Why do you think they are Melodic Death Metal? In which way do they sound like Melodic Death Metal? Real MeloDeath=

2. Musicians are not here to define metal genres, they play and create music, you can't compare them to professional music critics.

3. Wikipedia is not a reference when we are talking about musical genres.

You should start listening to the musicm, and get your own opinion of what genre it is instead of saying what many people say.

PS : COB are Extreme Power Metal too!
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:13 am

Did they say they're extreme power metal? No? And did DragonForce say they are? Yes? Well then I'm sure YOU're the one who's right.

And what's wrong with wikipedia and metal-archives?
Back to top Go down
MetalNiller
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
MetalNiller

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:08 am

Lokimor wrote:
MetalNiller wrote:
Lokimor wrote:
MetalNiller wrote:
Lokimor wrote:

Norther = Extreme Power
Kiuas = Extreme Power
Kalmah = Extreme Power

study

1. Why do you think they are Melodic Death Metal? In which way do they sound like Melodic Death Metal? Real MeloDeath=

2. Musicians are not here to define metal genres, they play and create music, you can't compare them to professional music critics.

3. Wikipedia is not a reference when we are talking about musical genres.

You should start listening to the musicm, and get your own opinion of what genre it is instead of saying what many people say.

PS : COB are Extreme Power Metal too!

If Wikipedia and the bandmembers THEMSELVES define there music as Melodic Death Metal, then I believe!

You are actually calling the bandmembers liars? They say they make Melodeath, you say they don't? confused
Back to top Go down
crimsonblade
Soldier
Soldier
crimsonblade

Male Number of posts : 101
User Reputation : 3
User Points : 106
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Theyre pretty good not even in my top 20 but theyre still a good band
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is DragonForce your favourite band?   Is DragonForce your favourite band? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next