PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Best Vocals - Page 2 Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Best Vocals - Page 2 I_vote_lcapBest Vocals - Page 2 I_voting_barBest Vocals - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
Best Vocals - Page 2 I_vote_lcapBest Vocals - Page 2 I_voting_barBest Vocals - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Best Vocals

Go down 
+14
Chaosdragon94
Vggamegod
WinterSon
Metallhead123
NightwalkerRicku
Lokimor
MetalNiller
joplajop
Rokai
Metal Dragon
balrog
PowerMetalLivesOn
calaspawn
snipermage
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

best vocals
Mathias Blad of Falconer
Best Vocals - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Best Vocals - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Kaisa Jouhki of Battlelore
Best Vocals - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Best Vocals - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Christopher Bowes of Alestorm
Best Vocals - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%Best Vocals - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 5 ]
Damna of elvenking
Best Vocals - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%Best Vocals - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Other
Best Vocals - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%Best Vocals - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 63% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Best Vocals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Vocals   Best Vocals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:00 am

wow i would never imagine that Maynard James Keenan sings in tool too. I LOVE his voice on passive although this music in not exactly what i like.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Points : 282
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Best Vocals   Best Vocals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:37 am

The funny thing there is that he made A Perfect Circle as a side project. Tool is the first band.

As for the music not being your thing: If you haven't already, listen to a few songs. (Truely listen. As in ponder the lyrics.) One that I've had stuck in my head for the past few days is AEnima. It's the title track of an album that they dedicated to the comedian Bill Hicks. A quote of his (which the song is based upon.):

"Ahhh, it's gone, it's gone, it's gone...All the shitty shows are gone, all the idiots screaming in the fucking wind are dead, I love it...leaving nothing but a cool, beautiful serenity called Arizona Bay. That's right, when L.A. falls in the fucking ocean and is flushed away, all it will leave is Arizona Bay."

I'm gonna stop there as the way I was going, I might as well post their entire 10,000 Days album. Wonderful album....Vicarious, Jambi, Wings For Marie/10,000 Days, Rosetta Stoned, Right In Two....

Anywho, if it ain't your thing, then it ain't your thing. But I would definatly say to give 'em a chance as they've got some pretty powerful lyrics.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

Male Number of posts : 360
User Points : 367
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Best Vocals   Best Vocals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:52 am

I can't decide this, but... I voted for Alestorm.
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Best Vocals   Best Vocals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:40 am

infernoRS wrote:
I can't decide this, but... I voted for Alestorm.

Of course he has great vocals.
You really can't forget the sound of Chris's vocals.
I mean I have trouble wondering the difference between Kotipelto and Kiske, but Bowes stands out. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Best Vocals   Best Vocals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:03 pm

oh of course ive tried out Tool before. The lyrics kick ass i have to admit it but i dont really like the sound. Dont get me wrong but it is just a matter of taste. It is just that i prefer listening to something else instead of Tool not that i dont respect them though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Points : 282
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Best Vocals   Best Vocals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:16 pm

Well, to each his own...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
Metallhead123
Warrior King
Warrior King
Metallhead123

Male Number of posts : 539
User Reputation : 5
User Points : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Best Vocals   Best Vocals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 7:29 am

In no order, except Top 3. (Obviously)
1.Bruce Dickinson - Iron Maiden: He's the man! Very Happy
2.Warrel Dane - Nevermore: God, if ever there was one Very Happy
3.Ronnie James Dio - DIO, Rainbow, Black Sabbath: He's just amazing, great vocalist Razz
  • Marco Hietala - Nightwish, Tarot, Northern Kings: Simply AWESOME! Very Happy

• Johan Hegg - Amon Amarth: Do I really need to explain? Who else growl's are so awesome that you can hear what he's actually saying? Very Happy

• Cam Pipes - 3 Inches of Blood: Almost like Rob Halford, just MOAR awesome Razz

• Philip Anselmo - Pantera: Despite what people say about Pantera and how overrated they are, you can't deny that Anselmo has a great Metal singing voice

• Jyrki 69 - The 69 Eyes: Sure, not epic, but I like his voice, and their songs are catchy Very Happy

• Howard Jones - Killswitch Engage: One of the few bearable Metalcore bands, Howard has an awesome voice Very Happy

• Joacim Cans - Hammerfall: Need I say anything? >>> ZP Very Happy

There's others which I can't be bothered to name at the moment Razz
I'll make a little addendum to this list later.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MetalHeadOwnage
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Best Vocals   Best Vocals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 8:43 am

greatest vocalist to ever live, i mean...just look at the pimp suit!