PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Resetting a computer's hard drive. Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Resetting a computer's hard drive. I_vote_lcapResetting a computer's hard drive. I_voting_barResetting a computer's hard drive. I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
Resetting a computer's hard drive. I_vote_lcapResetting a computer's hard drive. I_voting_barResetting a computer's hard drive. I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Resetting a computer's hard drive.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

Male Number of posts : 334
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 388
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Resetting a computer's hard drive. Empty
PostSubject: Resetting a computer's hard drive.   Resetting a computer's hard drive. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:52 pm

I've had my laptop over a year now, and, possibly because something I installed, it has been owned. Windows Explorer keeps crashing every time I turn it on. So, I've decided to give up. Is there any way I can entirely get rid of everything and start it back like I first got it?

By the way, I have made no Restore Points...
This is really stressful. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/yesitsaj
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

Male Number of posts : 331
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 338
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Resetting a computer's hard drive.   Resetting a computer's hard drive. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:00 pm

AJ190 wrote:
I've had my laptop over a year now, and, possibly because something I installed, it has been owned. Windows Explorer keeps crashing every time I turn it on. So, I've decided to give up. Is there any way I can entirely get rid of everything and start it back like I first got it?

By the way, I have made no Restore Points...
This is really stressful. Sad

Ugh... It's a bit too late now, but the first thing you should have done when you got your laptop is to create System Restore's CDs...

However, before trying to see what you can do to reinstall Windows, we should try to figure out what's causing this... There has to be a better solution than reinstalling the OS...

Else, you have 2 solutions... Either download Windows illegally on the intraw3bz... Or install Ubuntu/Kubuntu as your new OS! I really suggest you try them out (you can make an image CD and try Ubuntu without installing it... It'll just load slower, but that's because it loads from the CD, the boot time is actually faster than Windows'), they work great, are easy to use and install, and they're all free (And under the GNU liscence, which means you can edit everything, and that the files are "yours". Smile)
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

PostSubject: Re: Resetting a computer's hard drive.   Resetting a computer's hard drive. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:05 pm

Even the 'webz aren't working easily.
If I find a disc for Vista/XP, could I use it?
I'd like to try to keep things legal...

EDIT:
I once talked to a guy into computer science, and he couldn't find the source of the problem. He told me to try to find the disc that originally installed Vista (I know, makes it even worse DX) and reinstall it with that. Unfortunately, I think the OS was already installed when I got it. Maybe I can find an XP one since my dad has XP?
Back to top Go down
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Resetting a computer's hard drive.   Resetting a computer's hard drive. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:12 pm

AJ190 wrote:
Even the 'webz aren't working easily.
If I find a disc for Vista/XP, could I use it?
I'd like to try to keep things legal...

If you are using Vista, I would read this: http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window-on-windows/?p=622

If you find a disc, then you should be able to use it (I am sure for XP, just not sure with Vista)
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

PostSubject: Re: Resetting a computer's hard drive.   Resetting a computer's hard drive. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:24 pm

Lol, read the edit..
I'll try to find an XP disc. I hope I do really bad..
Thanks for the help, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Resetting a computer's hard drive.   Resetting a computer's hard drive. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:32 pm

AJ190 wrote:
Lol, read the edit..
I'll try to find an XP disc. I hope I do really bad..
Thanks for the help, by the way.

Well, from what I understand (from what you wrote here Razz), it just seem like you accidentally deleted or modified (or a malicious software did Razz) one of Window Explorer's core files... If you could find which one, I am pretty sure it wouldn't be hard to replace it.

Yeah, the XP disc is your best option... No, Ubuntu is, but w.e. Razz
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

PostSubject: Re: Resetting a computer's hard drive.   Resetting a computer's hard drive. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:05 pm

Lol, I'll try to find my dad's, if there is one.
Back to top Go down
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Resetting a computer's hard drive.   Resetting a computer's hard drive. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:11 pm

AJ190 wrote:
Lol, I'll try to find my dad's, if there is one.

I shall wish you good luck then, NC boy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Resetting a computer's hard drive.   Resetting a computer's hard drive. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 7:55 pm

So, how is the mission going, NC boy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resetting a computer's hard drive.   Resetting a computer's hard drive. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resetting a computer's hard drive.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PowerMetalLivesOn :: Off Topic Area :: Off Topic (Anything)-
Jump to: