PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Reading Fantasy? Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Reading Fantasy? I_vote_lcapReading Fantasy? I_voting_barReading Fantasy? I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
Reading Fantasy? I_vote_lcapReading Fantasy? I_voting_barReading Fantasy? I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Reading Fantasy?

Go down 
+5
TCJacko
joplajop
yoshimitsublade13
Rokai
MetalNiller
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalNiller
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
MetalNiller

Male Number of posts : 346
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 49
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:48 am

Mayby I'm a nerd, but do any of you guys read Fantasy-books?

I'm very much into DragonLance and Forgotten Realms Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 10:02 pm

I've read a lot of great Hungarian fantasy books. THey're not in english though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

Male Number of posts : 605
User Points : 26
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:57 am

I read lots of fantasy. Right now I'm reading the Eragon trilogy, I've read all the Halo novels. I really don't have any reservations about what I read. I'll put some of my recomendations here later.
Back to top Go down
joplajop
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
joplajop

Male Number of posts : 294
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 56
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:26 am

I love books of Darren Shan
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:57 am

If any of you guys find a P.Howard book (in English of course) be sure to read it.
Right now I'm reading The Two Towers. Awesome!
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Points : 228

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:59 am

joplajop wrote:

DARREN SHAN FUCKING RULES Horns

I can probably guarantee you, you will ALL love Darren Shan books.

They are all about demons in the series, 'The Demonata', which I have read all of so far, and about vampires in the series 'The Saga Of Darren Shan', which I have read as well.

He is amazing, go check his books out.
Back to top Go down
joplajop
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
joplajop

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:14 am

TCJacko wrote:
joplajop wrote:

They are all about demons in the series, 'The Demonata', which I have read all of so far, and about vampires in the series 'The Saga Of Darren Shan', which I have read as well.

Cool that you also know Darren Shan.
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:28 am

At the moment I'm actually reading Slash's autobiography.

It is insane.

Jeez Steven Adler got up to some BAD stuff when he was young.
Back to top Go down
joplajop
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
joplajop

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:31 am

TCJacko wrote:

It is insane.

That sounds like a great book to read.
What is the name of it?
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:42 am

yoshimitsublade13 wrote:
I read lots of fantasy. Right now I'm reading the Eragon trilogy, I've read all the Halo novels. I really don't have any reservations about what I read. I'll put some of my recomendations here later.

i have read Eragon and Elderly (dunno the english translation) from the Inheritance trilogy. I dont think there is a better book as i like it even more than the Lotr books. the film sucks though Sad I cant wait for brisingr to come on greek as all the enlish books are sold out here XD

actually i am now reading twillight. i dont think it should be called a fanasy book but whatever
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:40 pm

joplajop wrote:
TCJacko wrote:

It is insane.

What is the name of it?

It's just called 'Slash'.

It has SLASH written on it in big bold white text on the front, the Observer described it as 'the most insane autobiography you'll ever read', and at the top of the front cover it says:

It seems Excessive..... but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The Blurb:

Born In England, but raised in L.A, Slash was 15 when he first held the beat-up, one string guitar that his Grandmother discarded in a closet.

As soon as he could string chords and a solo together, Slash wanted to be in a band. He found that band in the form of Guns N' Roses, one of the greatest rock and roll bands of all time.

Here for the first time ever, Slash describes how he survived it all: lawsuits, rehab, riots, the women, the drugs, drink and whatever else crossed his path as he rode the most insane rock and roll wave of a generation.

Slash is everything the man, the myth, the legend inspires: it's funny, honest, jaw-dropping and in a word ... excessive
----------------------------------------
It is a really good book.

I am only up to page 109/458, and it's already really funny and insane.
Back to top Go down
joplajop
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
joplajop

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:08 am

TCJacko wrote:
joplajop wrote:
TCJacko wrote:

It is insane.

What is the name of it?

It's just called 'Slash'.

It has SLASH written on it in big bold white text on the front, the Observer described it as 'the most insane autobiography you'll ever read', and at the top of the front cover it says:

It seems Excessive..... but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Thanks mate. Horns
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:26 am

NightwalkerRicku wrote:

actually i am now reading twillight. i dont think it should be called a fanasy book but whatever

Twilight. The most overrated book nowadays. I hate it.
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:56 pm

Rokai wrote:
NightwalkerRicku wrote:

at first thats what i thought too. of course there is a bit of action inside and it is basically a love story (which makes me gay for reading it) but it is a nice topic to start talking with girls and i really like vampires, demons and unholly stuff so i thought "why not". Its not that bad actually but surely not the best book of the decade as it was criticised
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:53 am

NightwalkerRicku wrote:
Rokai wrote:
NightwalkerRicku wrote:

at first thats what i thought too. of course there is a bit of action inside and it is basically a love story (which makes me gay for reading it) but it is a nice topic to start talking with girls and i really like vampires, demons and unholly stuff so i thought "why not". Its not that bad actually but surely not the best book of the decade as it was criticised

WHOA there are actually vampires in it? Well, I don't think it has much meaning though.
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:11 pm

NightwalkerRicku wrote:
yoshimitsublade13 wrote:

i have read Eragon and Elderly (dunno the english translation) from the Inheritance trilogy. I dont think there is a better book as i like it even more than the Lotr books. the film sucks though Sad I cant wait for brisingr to come on greek as all the enlish books are sold out here XD

Do you want an english copy of Brisingr? I have one and can post it to you but would like a small piece of Greece in return. Maybe a Playstation 2 pal formatted game with Greek text and voice acting in the game or some Greek Magic the Gathering cards. I'm rare on the net these days but send me a pm and I'll catch it on my e mails.
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:08 am

yoshimitsublade13 wrote:
NightwalkerRicku wrote:
yoshimitsublade13 wrote:

Do you want an english copy of Brisingr? I have one and can post it to you but would like a small piece of Greece in return. Maybe a Playstation 2 pal formatted game with Greek text and voice acting in the game or some Greek Magic the Gathering cards. I'm rare on the net these days but send me a pm and I'll catch it on my e mails.

oh well im afraid that there is no greek magic cards here xD. all players use the english ones so they can be tradeable worldwide. as for the games in pal version, they dont have greek subtitles as im afraid we are the only country who speaks greek so it wouldnt be good for any company to make a greek game.
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 4:18 pm

NightwalkerRicku wrote:
yoshimitsublade13 wrote:
NightwalkerRicku wrote:
yoshimitsublade13 wrote:

Yes, we Americans take stuff like that for granted.

oh well im afraid that there is no greek magic cards here xD. all players use the english ones so they can be tradeable worldwide. as for the games in pal version, they dont have greek subtitles as im afraid we are the only country who speaks greek so it wouldnt be good for any company to make a greek game.
Back to top Go down
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

Male Number of posts : 360
User Points : 367
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 12:18 am

I read mostly Tolkien from fantasy side; Silmarillion, LOTR trilogy, The Hobbit and Children Of Hurin. Eragon series, Twilight series and others are good too. And Finnish Kalevala of course.
Back to top Go down
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Points : 282

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 12:28 am

joplajop wrote:
TCJacko wrote:
joplajop wrote:

Cool that you also know Darren Shan.

Ooooh! I LOVE Cirque Du Freak (The American title for the Saga) and The Demonata. Also, I have all the Halo books as well, and the Eragon trilogy. (Saw mention of both of those. But hands down, the BEST series ever written......Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Trust me. You want to pick this up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
Shadow501
Traveller
Traveller
Shadow501

Male Number of posts : 34
User Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 6:55 pm

Now the only problem I have with Twilight is that all the fans usually overrate it and are super defensive of it. There's a website where people tell what Twilight fans have done to other people who have bashed it or not, and it's really bad. And no, I did not make that up, I've seen it before but it's been so long since I've visited that site.

Also: HALO BOOKS FOR THE WIN!! I own every single one and know a crap load more about the Halo universe than you kind of should. Though compare to most people who PLAY Halo it's not that hard to be more knowledgeable about everything else besides just shooting anything that's not human and playing multiplayer.

I also finished "Watch You Bleed: The Saga of Guns N' Roses" recently and boy was that an eye-opener. Now going to a Fantasy book, I really like the "Ranger's Apprentice" series. I've only 3 of like the 7 or so books total but man are those first 3 alone good enough.
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 4:23 pm

HALO BOOKS FOR THE WIN!!!!! Best video game to novel yet, maybe some of the best alternate universe period. Love all things Chief, Helljumpers are awesome, Sgt. Avery Johnson killin covie bastards day and night. But, best fantasy? The Inheritance Cycle, that would be Eragon, Eldest and Brisngr. Also gonna throw Dune out the for consideration.
Back to top Go down
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

Male Number of posts : 360
User Points : 367
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 1:26 am

yoshimitsublade13 wrote:
HALO BOOKS FOR THE WIN!!!!! Best video game to novel yet, maybe some of the best alternate universe period. Love all things Chief, Helljumpers are awesome, Sgt. Avery Johnson killin covie bastards day and night. But, best fantasy? The Inheritance Cycle, that would be Eragon, Eldest and Brisngr. Also gonna throw Dune out the for consideration.
Is HALO as a book lol?...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reading Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Fantasy?   Reading Fantasy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading Fantasy?
Page 1 of 1