PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
The Biggest Band Rivalries Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
The Biggest Band Rivalries I_vote_lcapThe Biggest Band Rivalries I_voting_barThe Biggest Band Rivalries I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
The Biggest Band Rivalries I_vote_lcapThe Biggest Band Rivalries I_voting_barThe Biggest Band Rivalries I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

The Biggest Band Rivalries

Go down 
+4
DreamCatcher
Rokai
PowerMetalLivesOn
TCJacko
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

The Biggest Band Rivalries Empty
PostSubject: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:32 am

What do you think are the biggest rivalries in metal bands? I think:

Metallica vs Megadeth
Iron Maiden vs Judas Priest
Dragonland vs Firewind
Dragonforce vs Slipknot
Power Quest vs Hammerfall
Slayer vs Anthrax
Nirvana vs Alice In Chains (well, both grunge bands)

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:42 am

ok it's not metal at all but

oasis vs blur

and i'm pretty sure that power quest don't have anything against hammerfall at all lol!

dark tranquility vs in flames
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:46 am

Dragonforce vs Slipknot

Huh, why?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:26 pm

Rokai wrote:
Dragonforce vs Slipknot

Huh, why?

Have you seen the fans of both bands having a war on YouTube?

Dragonforce fans hate Slipknot fans, Slipknot fans hate Dragonforce fans.

I don't know why, but it just is that way.
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:29 pm

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:
and i'm pretty sure that power quest don't have anything against hammerfall at all lol!

Well it's not really if they have anything against eachother, it's just if they are similar or is in the same position in their careers as eachother.

That's how I judge Hammerfall and Power Quest: Not huge, but not small, and that's why they are together there.
Back to top Go down
DreamCatcher
Traveller
Traveller
DreamCatcher

Male Number of posts : 32
User Points : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:27 pm

I would say the biggest rivalry i witnessed in the past few years was between dragonforce and trivium. dragonforce said in some magazine that trivium arent real metal and played guitar like 15 year olds, then ofcourse it kicked off from there. Most bands in the less mainstreme area of metal (when i say mainstreme i mean slipknot, trivium ect ect) tend to be very very supportive of each other and work together on certain things. when you look through it you can see all the helping out loads of bands have done for each and thats how metal is kept as strong as it still is. tobias sammet and andre matos have seemed to be best of pals for a long time always doing favours for each other and stuff for example.

PowerQuest are seriously the nicest chilled out band we have met for a long time. i find it hard to imagine there would be bad blood between powerquest and anyone because they are always supportive of everyone else. the first thing Alessio said to me when i met him was "wanna share my pizza?" he wouldnt let me go without insisting i took a slice lol.

sorted bunch of guys.

Rossi
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:30 am

Power Quest Headbang
True metal musicians are always nice dudes (or chicks).
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:03 am

Metallica vs Megadeth is a big one.

I suppose you could say Metallica vs Megadeth vs Slayer vs Anthrax

The big thrash metal four Horns
Back to top Go down
metaldrummer93
Warrior King
Warrior King
metaldrummer93

Male Number of posts : 764
User Points : 76
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:12 am

DreamCatcher wrote:

PowerQuest are seriously the nicest chilled out band we have met for a long time. i find it hard to imagine there would be bad blood between powerquest and anyone because they are always supportive of everyone else. the first thing Alessio said to me when i met him was "wanna share my pizza?" he wouldnt let me go without insisting i took a slice lol.

sorted bunch of guys.

Rossi

Totally agree there Horns I always go up and talk to them.. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jasbmetaldrummer
MetalNiller
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
MetalNiller

Male Number of posts : 346
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 49
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:03 pm

TCJacko wrote:
Metallica vs Megadeth is a big one.

I suppose you could say Metallica vs Megadeth vs Slayer vs Anthrax

The big thrash metal four Horns

Yeah, I agree to that!
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:38 pm

Well but not nowadays, that's for sure. Metallica isn't even Thrash and Anthrax isn't so popular.
Back to top Go down
MetalNiller
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
MetalNiller

Male Number of posts : 346
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 49
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:39 pm

Hmmm... You got a point scratch
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 2:05 pm

Rokai wrote:
Well but not nowadays, that's for sure. Metallica isn't even Thrash and Anthrax isn't so popular.

Yeah Metallica has just become the traditional heavy metal.

But there WILL ALWAYS BE rivalry between Metallica and Megadeth due to the Dave Mustaine incident and just the fact that they sound a lot alike.
Back to top Go down
Shadow501
Traveller
Traveller
Shadow501

Male Number of posts : 34
User Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Yeah if you DON'T know the rivalry between Metallica and Megadeth then you really don't know thrash metal lol!

But I actually heard the rivalry between these two is cooling off now, I heard somewhere that Dave and James actually exchange Christmas cards now.
Back to top Go down
CanisArctus
Traveller
Traveller
CanisArctus

Male Number of posts : 25
User Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 5:02 pm

Well.. I've heard pretty much every type of metal band beeing compared to Metallica... That's like comparing different types of spices with that old dude with the driving-hat that always passes you on the freeway.. And you're all: "Wow... A dude with a driving-hat totally passed me on the freeway! He had nothing in common with household spices at all!" when you get to your destination....

This post might only make sense if you're as "right" in the head as I am Reindeer
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:26 am

Dude, I totally understand you...I'm not stupid, right? Sad
Back to top Go down
CanisArctus
Traveller
Traveller
CanisArctus

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 5:45 am

Rokai wrote:
Dude, I totally understand you...I'm not stupid, right? Sad
Nope, you're just as sane as I am Razz

.... That's a good thing... I think....?
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 10:50 am

You seem to be a nice guy. There was a topic called "About yourself" or something like that. Post your favourite bands there. Or anywhere else where it's not off topic.
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:24 am

Yeah this Canis guy seems pretty cool.

Post your favourite bands and about yourself in the about yourself topic.

I think it's in the off-topic section.
Back to top Go down
CanisArctus
Traveller
Traveller
CanisArctus

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 1:09 pm

Hehe, thanks ^^ Now I got that same warm, fuzzy feeling inside that I get every time I send an emo-kid a evil look Twisted Evil

Also, Metallica and Metal Church seems to have some kind of rivalery about "Who was first" and so on...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Band Rivalries   The Biggest Band Rivalries Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Biggest Band Rivalries
Page 1 of 1