PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
GUITAR HERO: METALLICA! Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
GUITAR HERO: METALLICA! I_vote_lcapGUITAR HERO: METALLICA! I_voting_barGUITAR HERO: METALLICA! I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
GUITAR HERO: METALLICA! I_vote_lcapGUITAR HERO: METALLICA! I_voting_barGUITAR HERO: METALLICA! I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

GUITAR HERO: METALLICA!

Go down 
+2
joplajop
TCJacko
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

GUITAR HERO: METALLICA! Empty
PostSubject: GUITAR HERO: METALLICA!   GUITAR HERO: METALLICA! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 1:37 pm

'METALLICA IMMORTALIZED AS GUITAR HEROES'
K! Get the exclusive first look at new game

Metallica are the latest band to be immortalized in video game form with the release of Guitar Hero: Metallica scheduled for next spring! Following in the footsteps of Aerosmith, the thrash legends are only the second band to have a whole game devoted entirely to them and their songs.
"Getting involved in this is what we would call a 'no-brainer'," drummer Lars Ulrich told Kerrang!. "After the success we had with the Death Magnetic download (on Guitar Hero III), and seeing how these games have taken off, of course we wanted to be involved". "I have three kids and two are at the perfect age of playing this kind of thing and it's been pretty magical seeing them become completely emotionally involved in the music," he added. "There's actually something good that comes out of video games instead of just sitting there and playing first person shooting games,".

With Ulrich given the task of deciding which songs to include from the bands 26-year formidable catalogue, he said about making an 'extended set list', selecting tracks from every phase of their career to ensure fans get the full Metallica experience. "We've always tried to represent everything we've done and not just be about one particular record or one particular era," Ulrich told K!. "Obviously, you have to have the hits like 'Enter Sandman', but then there's what you'd call the 'deeper' album tracks that we play live, and the 'shredder' songs and there are also some cover versions we play too. It's all about balance,".

So that the band could be represented in the game, Ulrich, frontman/guitarist James Hetfield, guitarist Kirk Hammett and bassist Robert Trujillo subjected themselves to hours of motion capture - essentially wearing all-in-one spandex suits covered in golf balls and miming along to their own songs - which is enough to make anyone feel a little bit silly. "I've worn stuff that look sillier than those blue spandex suits over the years, trust me," laughs Ulrich. "We were in this warehouse and there were 50 of the kids who work for Guitar Hero banging away as we were miming along. And of course, we did it all to the master tapes, which is very different from the way we play them now."

Ulrich says he nearly managed to 'screw up' the vast majority of his drum parts.

"I had three different sessions to capture my parts, and I realized after the first time that I actually had to do something that I don't very often, which is to sit down and listen to the master versions and try to remember the arrangements! But 27 years into your career to be able to do something you still haven't done is definitely a fun, new experience."

Metallica enthusiastically embrace the Guitar Hero format and can only see it growing and becoming more pervasive in the future:

"I think probably five years from now, most rock records are gonna be available in downloadable form on Guitar Hero and the other competitors when the records are released," he adds. "I think people are gonna use this as a format to experience music, and it seems another whole world is opening up. For Metallica to be a part of that is a super cool thing!"

Guitar Hero: Metallica will be released in Spring 2009 through Activision.

---------------------------------------------

So, what do ya think? Pretty cool.

There were some screenshots on the page, and the graphics are looking awesome.
Back to top Go down
joplajop
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
joplajop

Male Number of posts : 294
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 56
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: GUITAR HERO: METALLICA!   GUITAR HERO: METALLICA! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:16 am

I hope they will make a kick ass guitar battle!
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: GUITAR HERO: METALLICA!   GUITAR HERO: METALLICA! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:06 am

Don't like Guitar Hero, don't like Metallica.
Oh well, just another way for more tweenies to get into liking a sinking ship of a so called "thrash" band. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
StarchaserDF
Traveller
Traveller
StarchaserDF

Male Number of posts : 60
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: GUITAR HERO: METALLICA!   GUITAR HERO: METALLICA! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:51 am

Oh man!! i'll go buy the game the first day its off!!!! hell yeah!!
Back to top Go down
http://dragonforceboards.forumotion.com/your-first-forum-f1/welc
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: GUITAR HERO: METALLICA!   GUITAR HERO: METALLICA! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:22 am

Guitar Hero is slowly getting worse than Sims.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
MetalNiller
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
MetalNiller

Male Number of posts : 346
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 49
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: GUITAR HERO: METALLICA!   GUITAR HERO: METALLICA! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:56 am

Rokai wrote:
Guitar Hero is slowly getting worse than Sims.

Hahahaha! "Hell yeah!", to that, Rokai Very Happy

I'll stick with Frets On Fire Now Playing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GUITAR HERO: METALLICA!   GUITAR HERO: METALLICA! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GUITAR HERO: METALLICA!
Page 1 of 1