PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! I_vote_lcapCHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! I_voting_barCHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! I_vote_lcapCHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! I_voting_barCHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!!

Go down 
+4
Rokai
PowerMetalLivesOn
King_Fingolfin
TCJacko
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! Empty
PostSubject: CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!!   CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:51 pm

NEW GN'R ALBUM SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT! affraid

Guns N' Roses' long awaited sixth studio album, Chinese Democracy, has been deemed 'inappropriate for the public' by Chinese government officials. The lyrical content has been frowned upon by the state after vocalist Axl Rose expresses his opinion about the banned Chinese spiritual practice Falun Gong, singing that they've 'seen the end and you can't hold on now' on the album's title track. The situation has been made more complicated by the appearance of Beijing artist Shi Lifeng's 2008 oil painting, Red Star, as part of the album cover art, alongside images of the Chinese military and the Hong Kong skyline.

The album made headline news in China's communist-run newspaper 'The Global Times', who said "American band releases album venomously attacking China".
"As far as I know, many people do not like this music," said Chinese Foreign ministry spokesman Qin Gang. "It's noisy,". lol!

Elsewhere, the long awaited awaited release was welcome with open arms. At the time of going to press, the album was reported to have sold 50,791 copies on it's first day of release in the UK and it is expected to debut in the British album charts this week at Number Two. In the US, the disc looks set to go gold after selling over 500,000 copies during it's first week of sale

---------------------

I sort of laughed at what Qin Gang had to say about metal. It's noisy. lol.
Back to top Go down
King_Fingolfin
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
King_Fingolfin

Male Number of posts : 265
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!!   CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 6:12 pm

reminds me of how Iran (or someplace over in the mid east) tried to ban 300 because of how it portrayed the Persians lol!

Gn'R isn't even that noisy... Heavy metal would make a great psychological weapon xD
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!!   CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:45 am

Guns N Roses noisy?!?!?!

god that chinese guy needs to listen to more music lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!!   CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 4:43 am

Every idiot thinks metal is noise.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
Shadow501
Traveller
Traveller
Shadow501

Male Number of posts : 34
User Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!!   CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:47 pm

Well I'm not surprised by how they reacted of course they're gonna make Axl look like the bad guy. Communist at it's greatest but I'll save you guys my lil rant for later lol

But I did like it when I picked up Chinese Democracy with my dad and I read aloud a sticker on it saying: "Most anticipated album ever." My dad reacted by saying: "Well yeah you get a little anxious after 10+ years of waiting." lol!
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

Male Number of posts : 605
User Points : 26
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!!   CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:52 pm

two things, metal has been used as a psych weapon before (Teran, Beruit, Afganistan that i know of, all in hostage situations), and the second thing, were you all really waiting for that cd? after year 4 or 5 i gave it up, not to say i didnt wabnt it but 10 years later i knew it wasn't going to be the GnR that i remember
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!!   CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:53 pm

yoshimitsublade13 wrote:
two things, metal has been used as a psych weapon before (Teran, Beruit, Afganistan that i know of, all in hostage situations), and the second thing, were you all really waiting for that cd? after year 4 or 5 i gave it up, not to say i didnt wabnt it but 10 years later i knew it wasn't going to be the GnR that i remember

i havent heard their new album but i have read on Metal Hammer that Axl was delaying the album on purpose because he was afraid of the result and the fs reaction. for those who dont know Axl won the rights of Guns n' Roses and he havent released an album since then (1993). Now the only founding member there is Axl and the rest of the guys are just some musicians that he picked. Guns n' Roses is just the band name not the real band it once used to be.

Correct me if i am wrong in any of these information. thats just what i have read
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
balrog
Warrior King
Warrior King
balrog

Male Number of posts : 507
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 40
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!!   CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:18 pm

LOL china are commies >_>
Back to top Go down
http://freewebs.com/hallflukai
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!!   CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 7:35 am

Yes, Guns is definetely not the same as back then and you can hear that on the new album. That's why it is highly criticized. But I have to admit, the song Chinese Democracy is quite good. I just wish it had better lyrics.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

Male Number of posts : 605
User Points : 26
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!!   CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:55 pm

Huh, i did not know any of that, I will, begrudgeingly, give it a try. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Points : 228

PostSubject: Re: CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!!   CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Oh yeah and about the Chinese Democracy album, I haven't actually got it, but apparently the only song that takes the p*** out the chinese government is the title track 'Chinese Democracy'. The rest is Axl whining about the past Guns N Roses apparently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!!   CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHINESE DEMOCRACY SLAMMED BY CHINESE GOVERNMENT!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PowerMetalLivesOn :: The Metal Kingdom :: Metal News-
Jump to: