PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
System of a Down - Page 2 Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
System of a Down - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSystem of a Down - Page 2 I_voting_barSystem of a Down - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
System of a Down - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSystem of a Down - Page 2 I_voting_barSystem of a Down - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

System of a Down

Go down 
+11
holliday46
Vggamegod
BuzzPhil
Metallhead123
Thebobert5
balrog
Rokai
PowerMetalLivesOn
NightwalkerRicku
King_Fingolfin
Metal Dragon
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
holliday46
Soldier
Soldier
holliday46

Male Number of posts : 114
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 130
Registration date : 2009-07-10

System of a Down - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: System of a Down   System of a Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:49 pm

eh im not mad, tru i might not be a fan of soad but i dont hate the band there still metal. yea i made an assumption of most ppl that listen to lets say radio pop or whatever arnt rly that into it based on my experience just an ex. i didnt read the entire thing (hurr durr) if ppl are hating on the band because theyr mainstream overrated name is ridiculous rly dont know what there talkin bout, im thinkin they might have other reasons (no?) assuming everyone here i see or read posts on know what they like. anyways no need to be so harsh i as just alittle put of by the bashing from both sides,

.....as you were gentlemen Cool
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: System of a Down   System of a Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:05 am

I like their introductions of middle eastern sounds into their music.
I love Middle Eastern Folk music (got a few tunes by Abbal, Shankar, etc.)
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: System of a Down   System of a Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:39 am

I just don't think System of a Down deserves the hype Metalhead123. I really wish you'd stop jumping on everyone who doesn't agree with you. THAT is close-minded. Why are you always so defensive about what you do and like; and aggressive about what others don't do and don't like?

Want reasons why I think SOAD is overrated? They don't take their music seriously (I agree bands should have fun, but not be SILLY 100% of the fucking time). Their lyrics are for the most part less thoughtful and more repetitive than 99% of cheesy-ass power metal lyrics. And as for getting high at shows, that's ridiculous; there are mostly kids at their shows and they're setting a shitty example by getting fucked up on stage. Not to mention they're not THAT good live (however I agree they play better than Dragonforce live - then again, most bands do Razz).

For the record, I have listened to a number of their songs, and even like them a bit still, however that doesn't mean they deserve to be regarded as gods of rock.

These threads are about every member's opinion, not just fans of the band in question.
Back to top Go down
Metallhead123
Warrior King
Warrior King
Metallhead123

Male Number of posts : 539
User Reputation : 5
User Points : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: System of a Down   System of a Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 4:10 am

"I really wish you'd stop jumping on everyone who doesn't agree with you. THAT is close-minded. Why are you always so defensive about what you do and like; and aggressive about what others don't do and don't like?"

You obviously take me too seriously Smile You guys are fun to argue, why else? I know you'll reply if I flame ya Razz

"Want reasons why I think SOAD is overrated? They don't take their music seriously (I agree bands should have fun, but not be SILLY 100% of the fucking time). Their lyrics are for the most part less thoughtful and more repetitive than 99% of cheesy-ass power metal lyrics. And as for getting high at shows, that's ridiculous; there are mostly kids at their shows and they're setting a shitty example by getting fucked up on stage. Not to mention they're not THAT good live (however I agree they play better than Dragonforce live - then again, most bands do)."

I still think those are stupid reasons. Many bands play music high, screw little kids, why should they deserve the favoritism. The band shouldn't set the example and do what they want to. The parents are responsible. Their lyrics actually mean something, I don't think the songs "Toxicity", "Aerials", "Lonely Day" & "Boom!" are all that silly. It's a protest band who happen to be able to make their lyrics funny and at the same time mean something. Am I the only one that actually sees that? lol.
DragonForce have the worst lyrics I've ever heard too. Serj however, is a great lyricist.

"For the record, I have listened to a number of their songs, and even like them a bit still, however that doesn't mean they deserve to be regarded as gods of rock."

I wouldn't call them gods either, far from it in fact. I think they're a good band.

"These threads are about every member's opinion, not just fans of the band in question."

Yeaaaa-no. These threads are to talk about how much you like the band, if you do. Another thread would be in the "Artists/Bands You Dislike" section, or that's how I see it anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MetalHeadOwnage
default_33
Traveller
Traveller
default_33

Male Number of posts : 16
User Points : 20
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Genre   System of a Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:58 pm

Actually, they are Alternative Metal, and I only like some of their songs, because they're really random, but now that they are back together and coming up with some new music, we'll have to wait and see how good they still are
Back to top Go down
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 282
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: System of a Down   System of a Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:24 pm

Unfortunately, they're still on infinite hiatus. I know Serj is working on his second album. (Not counting Elect the Dead Symphony.) After that though, they MIGHT get back together. SOAD minus Serj played at a party, but thus far, that's the only "together" that's happened.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
default_33
Traveller
Traveller
default_33

PostSubject: Back Together   System of a Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:04 pm

Nah man, they're done with Hiatus, thats why darron stopped scars on broadway, they are officially back togethor, I cant wait for their new stuff
Back to top Go down
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 282
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: System of a Down   System of a Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:38 pm

I really hope you're right. THIS is from 10/26/10 though. Anywho, welcome to the forum. It's slowed down from what it once was, but 'tis still a good place to find new bands and such.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
default_33
Traveller
Traveller
default_33

PostSubject: Hiatus   System of a Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Thanks man, I've already found a lot of good bands, and I already know a lot of them, but ya system is back together, I dont know if they're making any music, but hiatus is over
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: System of a Down   System of a Down - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

System of a Down
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PowerMetalLivesOn :: The Metal Kingdom :: Other Metal-
Jump to: