PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave I_vote_lcapHammerfall- Glory to the Brave I_voting_barHammerfall- Glory to the Brave I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave I_vote_lcapHammerfall- Glory to the Brave I_voting_barHammerfall- Glory to the Brave I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

Male Number of posts : 334
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 388
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave Empty
PostSubject: Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave   Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:40 am

I'll be reviewing Hammerfall's debut album, Glory to the Brave. I've had this album for a while, but I'm finally reviewing it.
Okay, get this from the start. This album is definitely classic power metal. It doesn't have progressive/melodic elements like many power metal bands haves started to do. Just regular old (but awesome) power metal.
1. The Dragon Lies Bleeding (4:22)- This track proves Hammerfall's simplicity from the very beginning. Joacim's voice comes out with a "WE RIIIIIIIIIIIIDE". Pretty simple guitar work from Dronjak and Ljungström, and a simple solo. Before the solo begins, Joacim tells us "Above the glory we carry on, when the time has come to return back home. The setting sun illuminates the dead, the battlefield, it's shining red!" It's my favorite part of the song. The drums are a bit generic, but overall good. As you can tell from the title, the lyrics are super cheesy. A regular happy metal song.
Rating: 9/10
2. The Metal Age (4:28)- A step down from The Dragon Lies Bleeding, but it's an alright song. The lyrics are better in this song, in my opinion. The solos are slow, but really nice, nonetheless.
Rating: 8.5/10
3. Hammerfall (4:47)- Now, if you were beginning to wonder if this album was good, all thoughts of that would be taken away. This song is AMAZING. Lyrics are the best so far. The chorus is just alright, but the rest of the song overrules that. The solos, eh, they're a little annoying at parts, but not bad. One of my favorite songs on the album.
Rating: 10/10
4. I Believe (4:53)- You think you can have a corny power metal album WITHOUT a ballad? Psh, try again. Acoustic intro. Nice personal struggle lyrics that I could have related to a month or two ago. The chorus is nice and sad. Slow, tearjerking solo.
5. Child of the Damned (3:42)- I guess the guys at Hammerfall think you're supposed to just get out of the sadness they just put you in with "I Believe". This is a cover from the band "Warlord". It's my favorite song on the album. Surprisingly, Joacim's voice fits perfectly with the song and doesn't sound off-beat at all. This is an up-beat song that can really "get you going" in the morning. Lyrics are quite bold. "I'm a child of the damned, they follow where I go. Rigging to the cross, as holy as a whore." I just don't like the slow ending, personally.
Rating: 10/10
6. Steel Meets Steel (4:02)- Hence the title, this is another cheesy song. But it's not what you're thinking. Actually, it has a meaning to it. It's about the crusades ("Jerusalem was free. We thanked the Lord for our glory!"). Alright song, though it is a bit monotonous, in my opinion.
Rating: 8.0/10
7. Stone Cold (5:43)- Basically everything in this song makes me think it should be in a "Rocky" movie or something. I'm not sure why. I think it's the guitars. The lyrics are pretty good for classic power metal. The guitars a a bit more technical in this song compared to the rest of the album.
Rating: 8.0/10
8. Unchained (5:38)- Cheesiest song on the album. Lyrics involve a king and his servants being taken and stuff like that. Music is really good. Perfect, almost. I really enjoy the chorus ("Brothers in arms, are fighting tonight. The forces of steel meet again. Born in the fire, they look to the sky. The power of metal uncahined!")
Rating: 9.5/10
9. Glory to the Brave (7:20)- By far the longest song on the album. This song is enough to reduce a cold-blooded serial killer to crying. It's personally dedicated to Joacim's grandfather (Klas Fors). But the song itself is dedicated to anyone who has died. Keyboards play through the beginning of the song. I personally think the guitars take the mood from the song a little bit. But other than that, it's a perfect song.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/yesitsaj
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave   Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:30 pm

an awesome review for one of the best power metal bands and one of my favorites as well. if it werent Hammerfall then i dunno what i might be doing this moment. I totally agree with glory to the brave although its kinda underrated here, none of my friends like it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave   Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:05 am

Glory to the Brave is my favourite HF album \m/ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave   Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:09 pm

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:
Glory to the Brave is my favourite HF album \m/ Very Happy
Mine too, so far. I bought Legacy of Kings, and though it's good, it just feels like Unchained and I Believe the whole album. Is their third album any better?
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave   Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:52 am

I'm not too familiar with their third album Sad The Way of the Warrior is a very good song though
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave   Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 6:19 am

NightwalkerRicku wrote:
an awesome review for one of the best power metal bands and one of my favorites as well. if it werent Hammerfall then i dunno what i might be doing this moment. I totally agree with glory to the brave although its kinda underrated here, none of my friends like it.

Thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave   Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hammerfall- Glory to the Brave
Page 1 of 1