PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review] Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review] I_vote_lcapKamelot - The Black Halo [Review] I_voting_barKamelot - The Black Halo [Review] I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review] I_vote_lcapKamelot - The Black Halo [Review] I_voting_barKamelot - The Black Halo [Review] I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review]

Go down 
+2
PowerMetalLivesOn
balrog
6 posters
AuthorMessage
balrog
Warrior King
Warrior King
balrog

Male Number of posts : 507
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 40
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review] Empty
PostSubject: Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review]   Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:03 pm

HOLY CRAP WHERE'D MY TOPIC GO? crap. it disappeared. i hate my hands Sad
kamelot is so awesome i'll retype it though >.<

1. march of mephisto
great song, one of the darkest kamelot has ever done. it has shagrath from dimmu borgir on vocals posing as the devil. and it fits right in with the rest of the song. pretty nice keyboard solo too 5/5

2. when the lights are down
one of their most famous from this album, has very nice editing done (phasers, flangers, etc.) so it's a very good song. only downside is the vocals are a tad bit repetitive. 5/5

3. the haunting
probably their most famous from this album because of the music video. and well deserved. it's a great song. has a very unique time signature (4/4 but split into triplets. so 6/8 i think) 5/5

4. soul society
one of my favorites from this album, roy kahn shows his true talent on this song. not to mention a bone chilling intro. literally. the best thing about this song is it never gets old. strays away from super fast tempos and slows it down a little. not to much. kinda perfect tempo. AMAZING drums on this song. 6/5 <--- yes that is on purpose

5. interlude I (dei gratia)
an interlude. what's there to say.

6. abandoned
kamelot takes a break from the power metal, and goes a little softer. yet still remains amazing. this song definitely shows roy kahn at his absolute best. and very good piano work. 5/5

7. this pain
very forgettable song i regret to say. but still has a great intro. with a nice guitar solo at the beginning. and some nice rhythm guitar.
but like i said, forgettable, not much to distinguish it. 4/5

8. moonlight.
amazing song. wish excellent backing vocals, and uses some unique instruments in the intro. then BLASTS INTO YOUR WORLD with a rhythm riff you can't help but headband to. amazing song 5/5

9. interlude II un assassino molto silenzioso.
an extremely hard to type interlude

10. the black halo.
good song, but not my favorite. has extremely good orchestra work, all the instruments blend together perfectly. roy kahn sings very well in this one. just like every other one eh? Horns 5/5

11. nothing ever dies
very good rhythm riff, but like this pain, forgettable. still a very good song though. and not much to say about this one. thomas youngblood has some great stuff in this song. 4/5

i'm skipping twelve for a reason. you'll find out soon

13. interlude III twelve tolls for a new day
an easy to type interlude

14. serenade
you start listening to it, and you hear the peaceful intro. has kamelot gone soft? the answer is a resound NO.
out of nowhere comes this awesome rhythm guitar with sweet orchestra, then a keyboard solo. with really good drums. then comes roy kahn straight out of the pen singing amazingly. this song is awesome. and has a little of everything. one of my favorites
5/5

OK. now why did i skip number 12 you might be asking. well here's your answer

song number 12. memento mori

MY FAVORITE SONG OF ALL TIME. this song is EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC. nine minutes of it. with a bone chilling piano intro. with wind blowing sounds in the backround. then kahn comes in, singing some of the most beautiful vocals i've heard in a long time. starts out low. kahns best work. kamelot best work.

oh. he's done reviewing the song now right?

NOPE. we've only got past the intro of memento mori. are you kidding me? Viking

after the intro comes in a slow power chord progression, with a fantastic orchestra backround. then comes a little piano solo. with some guitar thrown at you. then comes the main guitar riff, slightly repetitive but amazing. then is a small piano/guitar solo. then it all goes away,

and the only thing left is a barely audible violin, a slightly distorted guitar, and kahn singing amazingly. then is a sweet buildup. then what's next?

CHORUS!!!!
kahn sounds amazing in the chorus, with AMAZING backing vocals. amazing sound editing too.

then back to a verse, same thing as the last verse. and guess what's after that? sweet buildup. then guess what?
CHORUS TIME!!!
again, amazing chorus. kahn at his best. backing vocals. etc.

is it done?
NOPE
then there's a short guitar solo. awesome though

THEN THERE'S SHAGRATH!!!! spouting out death metal growls, and a female vocalist singing very well. the two versions of singing goes extremely well together.

oh whoa... another guitar solo Horns

then not much you haven't heard in this song.

then the fantastic outro, which is very similar to the intro.

MEMENTO MORI GETS A 999999999/5 i'm not kidding it's that awesome.

so on a whole, this album is kamelot's best in my opinion. though there are a few forgettable songs, all the songs are amazing. it's impossible not to love this album. has extremely good audio editing. they tell the faust story extremely well. and Roy Kahn shows why he is a force to be reckoned with. hansi kursch, watch your back!!!
it also has some of the best songs of all time. if this album was just memento mori, it would still get a 7000000/5
that song is that good.

so on a whole, this album definitely gets a 5/5. if you don't have this album, BUY IT! or get it! I DON'T CARE HOW! YOU NEED THIS ALBUM!!!!

this is hallflukai saying. go buy the black halo or i will hit you with casey grillo's practice pad.
Back to top Go down
http://freewebs.com/hallflukai
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review]   Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:37 am

great, great, great post balrog

i'm going to go listen to memento mori now

i have never heard it before Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
King_Fingolfin
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
King_Fingolfin

Male Number of posts : 265
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review]   Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:43 am

Yeah, This album is amazing, sweet story and awesome music.
btw, I felt pretty much the same way about Memento Mori when I first heard it.
Very in-depth review, good job.
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review]   Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:48 am

Just listened to memento mori all the way through - one word - amazing

here it is for all to enjoy - all 8 minutes and 56 seconds of it :\m/:

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review]   Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 11:41 am

really nice review!!! in fact ive never tried to hear kamelot songs in the past but thanks to you ive realised my mistake Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review]   Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 1:13 pm

nice review dude. kamelot is one of the best power metal bands.
Back to top Go down
Siemon
Traveller
Traveller
Siemon

Male Number of posts : 52
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review]   Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 7:41 am

they are awesome!
I first heard 'ghost operah'... And i immideately searched for more xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/guitarii
balrog
Warrior King
Warrior King
balrog

Male Number of posts : 507
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 40
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review]   Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 9:57 am

Siemon wrote:
they are awesome!
I first heard 'ghost operah'... And i immideately searched for more xD

you spelled opera wrong >.<
Back to top Go down
http://freewebs.com/hallflukai
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review]   Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:56 am

i dont want to be hit by casey grillo's practice pad! okay i will buy it! lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review]   Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kamelot - The Black Halo [Review]
Page 1 of 1