PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? I_vote_lcapWhat do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? I_voting_barWhat do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? I_vote_lcapWhat do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? I_voting_barWhat do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'?   What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:27 pm

Okay you've all heard of De Ja Vu - a time in your life where you think you've seen the sight you are currently seeing before but just cannot remember where or when you have seen it.

What do you think explains it?

I've heard answers to this before that link very much to the 'What happens when we die?' topic I posted earlier, like this:

'De Ja Vu is when you see a thing that you also saw in your previous life, and that's why you can't remember where or when you've seen it, because you cannot remember anything in your previous life'

Or maybe something a little less complicated:

'De Ja Vu occurs when electrons misfire in your head and makes you feel that you've seen the sight you are now seeing, before'

--------------

I must say I have experienced De Ja Vu millions of times, and I REALLY want to know why.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'?   What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:35 pm

The most amazing case of deja vu I ever had was in Aarhus, Denmark in 2003.
Usually with deja vu the series of events occur and then you say to yourself, "I just had deja vu, I've seen that before".

But that time it was different. I looked at a house in a street and then realised I was having deja vu, then I walked up to my parents and knew exactly what they were going to say before they said it. This wasn't like an "Oh yeah, I remember you saying that before" kind of thing.

It was more like me just standing there saying the exact words in my mind and then they would say them just seconds later. For about 5 exchanges of speech.

Quite weird
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm

PostSubject: Re: What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'?   What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:39 pm

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:
The most amazing case of deja vu I ever had was in Aarhus, Denmark in 2003.
Usually with deja vu the series of events occur and then you say to yourself, "I just had deja vu, I've seen that before".

But that time it was different. I looked at a house in a street and then realised I was having deja vu, then I walked up to my parents and knew exactly what they were going to say before they said it. This wasn't like an "Oh yeah, I remember you saying that before" kind of thing.

It was more like me just standing there saying the exact words in my mind and then they would say them just seconds later. For about 5 exchanges of speech.

Quite weird

Wow, a very interesting situation there, I've never had De Ja Vu that bad.

But thanks for sharing that, because as I said I REALLY want to discover De Ja Vu, and this could be pretty helpful.
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

PostSubject: Re: What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'?   What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:43 pm

yeah that was one of the strangest things I've experienced.
But I also experience it to a much lesser extent. Like single but obscure words.

Like 2 people are in a conversation and I may look at them and a random word may come into my mind (unrelated to what they are talking about of course Razz ) and then one of them will say it

Don't look on me as some psycic though, it happens very rarely indeed
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'?   What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Hold on, I've just found a quote from John Lennon, from the Beatles:

"I was once sitting down in the kitchen noticing that my plate seemed well too familiar, it seemed as if my head motions were foreseen, and that every move would trigger a continuation to happen or so, I had many déjà vus as a child but this was extraordinary, I knew from the bottom of my heart that I had dreamed this situation years ago, as a little boy, that amazingly an entire piece of memory was regained and I finally understood when and where I was dreaming and how long this dream was, and most importantly how many years ago did I dream." - John Lennon

That must be the same sort of thing you're talking about.

The LONGEST sequence of De Ja Vu I have ever had was outside HMV in Southport. I looked at the HMV sign as I was going in, and I recognized the featured album on the front shelf - Metallica's Death Magnetic - and all through that time at HMV, I kept on experiencing De Ja Vu. It was really weird, everyone walking past me, standing beside me next to the Metal section, it was all De Ja Vu.

This has been a really interesting discussion Smile
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'?   What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:03 pm

they are memmories that have been stored in your subconcious part of the mind. it is true that you have lived the same momment again but you were thinking something else at this time so it wasnt stored in the normal memmory part.

"De Ja Vu" happens only when you see something familiar in your house or your personal environment where your mind is not that concentrated so wouldnt be ridiculous if we lived the same life over and over again? well that means that we had exactly the same house or we were speaking with the same person in our previous life. i dont believe they are memmories from my previous one xD

edit: i know that i have already written lots of stuff but i have to say this! dunno if you can call it "de ja vu" but in one of my dreams i have seen an event of the upcoming day. im pretty sure that i didnt figure it out but you never know. they are just trickes of the mind

Last edited by NightwalkerRicku on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

PostSubject: Re: What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'?   What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:06 pm

I have just remembered something that was very weird to me, but it doesn't happen any more.

When I was about 6,7 or 8 years old I used to have the same dream, say, every 2 nights in which I would run out of the bed I was sleeping in and go to the top of the stairs. I would then jump, and I would be in the air for a long time and I would always be running from something but never turn round to see what it was. I would always wake up the moment I was going to hit the floor at the bottom of the stairs.

The weird thing though, was the fact that it was not my house in the dream. I have lived in the same house my entire life and the house in the dream was different.

I told my dad about me having the dreams every couple of nights because, to be honest, they were nightmares, the fear of being chased.

He told me that he used to have the same dreams as a child when he was about 6 or 7 years old. I told him that it didn't take place in our house and then he asked me to describe the house in my dream, just out of curiosity.

It turned out that what I attempted to describe fit perfectly with the description of the house that my dad lived in at that age. (He moved house at the age of 10 and that new house is where my Grandma now lives).

I have never been to my Dad's old house
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'?   What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:11 pm

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:
I have just remembered something that was very weird to me, but it doesn't happen any more.

When I was about 6,7 or 8 years old I used to have the same dream, say, every 2 nights in which I would run out of the bed I was sleeping in and go to the top of the stairs. I would then jump, and I would be in the air for a long time and I would always be running from something but never turn round to see what it was. I would always wake up the moment I was going to hit the floor at the bottom of the stairs.

The weird thing though, was the fact that it was not my house in the dream. I have lived in the same house my entire life and the house in the dream was different.

I told my dad about me having the dreams every couple of nights because, to be honest, they were nightmares, the fear of being chased.

He told me that he used to have the same dreams as a child when he was about 6 or 7 years old. I told him that it didn't take place in our house and then he asked me to describe the house in my dream, just out of curiosity.

It turned out that what I attempted to describe fit perfectly with the description of the house that my dad lived in at that age. (He moved house at the age of 10 and that new house is where my Grandma now lives).

Well, this is all very very interesting from you David in particular. It seems you've had some encounters with De Ja Vu alot before.

Infact, I did see a theory on Wikipedia I think, about dreams and how it links with De Ja Vu. It said sometimes, what you see in your dreams, sometimes becomes reality. Maybe I've had some random dreams before that involve me walking into HMV and seeing a Metallica album on display?

Well keep us updated if you have anymore encounters - this is some of the most interesting stuff I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

PostSubject: Re: What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'?   What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:15 pm

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:

ive experienced this kind of thing too. they say it is caused because of DNA. When i was young ive been hearing voices and i was dreaming that i was in the middle of nowhere. The only thing i can remember is that i was in a black endless room and i couldt speak because i was feeling anxious and weak. I learned after a while that it was usual because when your parents feel anxiety you get the same effects too due too DNA. i forgot to mention that my mother had the same dream in the same age of me.
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

PostSubject: Re: What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'?   What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:27 pm

that is quite strange scratch
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'?   What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:34 pm

I have just remembered a dream I had, about a half year ago.

I was in my school, just going to lesson, down the stairs, and all of a sudden, I fall and land completely face first at the bottom of the stairs. I never knew what had hit me. Whether it just be a trip or whatever. But as soon as I hit the ground I woke up.

This makes me quite scared of what will happen in the future.

Will my dream repeat in reality? Well, I'd best be careful on the stairs then lol!
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

PostSubject: Re: What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'?   What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:36 pm

TCJacko wrote:
I have just remembered a dream I had, about a half year ago.

I was in my school, just going to lesson, down the stairs, and all of a sudden, I fall and land completely face first at the bottom of the stairs. I never knew what had hit me. Whether it just be a trip or whatever. But as soon as I hit the ground I woke up.

This makes me quite scared of what will happen in the future.

Will my dream repeat in reality? Well, I'd best be careful on the stairs then lol!

thats a good excuse to stay at home if you wanna skip class Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'?   What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think explains 'De Ja Vu'?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PowerMetalLivesOn :: Off Topic Area :: Debates-
Jump to: