PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
What do you think happens when we die? Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
What do you think happens when we die? I_vote_lcapWhat do you think happens when we die? I_voting_barWhat do you think happens when we die? I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
What do you think happens when we die? I_vote_lcapWhat do you think happens when we die? I_voting_barWhat do you think happens when we die? I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

What do you think happens when we die?

Go down 
+8
Metallhead123
BuzzPhil
WinterSon
Vggamegod
NightwalkerRicku
Metal Dragon
PowerMetalLivesOn
TCJacko
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

What do you think happens when we die? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:21 pm

My biggest idea on this is the Buddhist theory of Reincarnation, but without the judgment on lives to determine what you will come back to earth as when you die. So I just think you die, your body stays to rot underground whilst your spirit enters a body that hasn't been born yet - a body without a spirit - and then be born again.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:27 pm

I think that when we die, all the PMLO forum members will go on an epic quest to distant lands slaying things. Seriously though, I think that there logically should be absolutly nothing - but then too many questions are raised - maybe there is some kind of afterlife but without Gods or devils. More as a resting place for souls in which you be with people who have died before you. I would love to think there is some kind of Wacken-esque afterlife because one lifetime of heavy metal just doesn't seem like it will be enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
Metal Dragon
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Metal Dragon

Male Number of posts : 373
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 89
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:31 pm

I'm a Christian, so I believe that when we die, we will have our judgement day, followed by Heaven or Hell.

Last edited by Metal Dragon on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:56 pm

dunno...there are many theories. maybe right now we are living our life in a hylic state. if you die you live in another dimension with your spirit/soul. it cant be complete nothingness as most of the civilisations accept the fact that a soul exists. besides recent experiments proved its existence although they might be wrong or just rumours
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:57 pm

as far as evidence is concerned, there will be nothing - forget the 'afterlife' concentrate on life and preserving it.

We only have one life we can prove, so why waste it thinking about something that cannot be proven?

If there happens to be truth in ancient superstitions, well - guess I'm fucked, but I'll take my chances because I don't believe in fairytales.
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:54 pm

A land of infinite dreams, I believe sleeping and dying to be in correlation with one another. In death comes an infinite lucid dream, where you can make anything appear where you want it to, when you want it to, whatever you wish.

An infinite dream or an infinite nightmare.
Perhaps reincarnation, and perhaps people that were on the edge of "life and death" saw heaven and hell only because that is what their mentality views the afterlife as, their lucid minds made a heaven and a hell appear, their "dreams forged a world they were built to believe in".

Heaven and hell exist in the afterlife because the mind can forge it. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
BuzzPhil

Male Number of posts : 458
User Reputation : 3
User Points : 533
Registration date : 2009-06-25

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:38 am

When you die... You die... It's finished there... I'm atheist... I don't think a lot of things happen after Death... Yes I know, I'm not original.
Back to top Go down
Metallhead123
Warrior King
Warrior King
Metallhead123

Male Number of posts : 539
User Reputation : 5
User Points : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:27 am

BuzzPhil wrote:
When you die... You die... It's finished there... I'm atheist... I don't think a lot of things happen after Death... Yes I know, I'm not original.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MetalHeadOwnage
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

Male Number of posts : 360
User Points : 367
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:44 pm

Metallhead123 wrote:
BuzzPhil wrote:

Agreed.
Agreed here too.
Back to top Go down
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Nergal131

Male Number of posts : 291
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 399
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:00 am

infernoRS wrote:
Metallhead123 wrote:
BuzzPhil wrote:

Agreed.
Agreed here too.

I agree aswell.

But I also have a problem with reincarnation: If reincarnation is real and our spirits rise up from our bodies and fly to another almost-living thing to continue life in that body/thing, how come we can't remember any of that, although the spirit must be really old because if reincarnation is true, it should have happened ages ago. So we can't remember any of our previous lives as anything, how can we say that spirit is our own? If you have no memory of it all, how can you say it's real?

Bah, can't explain it all that well in English, sucks to be a foreigner. I hope it makes sense somehow.
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

Male Number of posts : 334
User Points : 388
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:55 am

Here's the truth.
We don't really die.
We are completely mobile after we "pass on".
But when we see how fun laying down for eternity is, we say "Hey, I don't wanna move!"
Even if you're cremated, your ashes have the ability to move. But they decide not to, because being in a jar is much more fun.

That would make a good song. No?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/yesitsaj
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:08 am

AJ190 wrote:
Here's the truth.
We don't really die.
We are completely mobile after we "pass on".
But when we see how fun laying down for eternity is, we say "Hey, I don't wanna move!"
Even if you're cremated, your ashes have the ability to move. But they decide not to, because being in a jar is much more fun.

That would make a good song. No?
Astral life lol! Yeah sure Razz
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:18 am

Lol.
I wouldn't mind if when we die, every single day millions of metal bands are playing so we can all see them. Everyone has musical ability. Everyone is in a band, and best, you can't make money off music. Actually, there is no money in this afterlife!
Back to top Go down
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:59 am

AJ190 wrote:
Lol.
I wouldn't mind if when we die, every single day millions of metal bands are playing so we can all see them. Everyone has musical ability. Everyone is in a band, and best, you can't make money off music. Actually, there is no money in this afterlife!
Actually that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
BuzzPhil

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:55 pm

Nergal131 wrote:
infernoRS wrote:
Metallhead123 wrote:
BuzzPhil wrote:

Agreed.
Agreed here too.

I agree aswell.

But I also have a problem with reincarnation: If reincarnation is real and our spirits rise up from our bodies and fly to another almost-living thing to continue life in that body/thing, how come we can't remember any of that, although the spirit must be really old because if reincarnation is true, it should have happened ages ago. So we can't remember any of our previous lives as anything, how can we say that spirit is our own? If you have no memory of it all, how can you say it's real?

Bah, can't explain it all that well in English, sucks to be a foreigner. I hope it makes sense somehow.

Oh... I didn't see you are from Belgium... So... Tu parles français?
Back to top Go down
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Nergal131

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:57 pm

BuzzPhil wrote:
Nergal131 wrote:
infernoRS wrote:
Metallhead123 wrote:
BuzzPhil wrote:

Agreed.
Agreed here too.

I agree aswell.

Only a petit peu Very Happy I live in the north side of Belgium, where they speak all kinds of different dialects of Dutch. My French blows and this proves it:

On one of my reportcards (not even an exam one), I had a total estimate of 27%. But I can tell you this: it was not entirely my fault, our teachers at school sucked monkey balls (am I allowed to say this?). We had 6 french teachers in 2 years.
Back to top Go down
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
BuzzPhil

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:59 pm

Nergal131 wrote:
BuzzPhil wrote:
Nergal131 wrote:
infernoRS wrote:
Metallhead123 wrote:
BuzzPhil wrote:

Agreed.
Agreed here too.

I agree aswell.

Only a petit peu Very Happy I live in the north side of Belgium, where they speak all kinds of different dialects of Dutch. My French blows and this proves it:

On one of my reportcards (not even an exam one), I had a total estimate of 27%. But I can tell you this: it was not entirely my fault, our teachers at school sucked monkey balls (am I allowed to say this?). We had 6 french teachers in 2 years.

Yes you are allowed to say this!!! Because I'm coming from Quebec!! So you're main language is Dutch??
Back to top Go down
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Nergal131

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Yeah, we have 3 main languages here. Dutch, French and German and we are expected to master them all. But I haven't, and nobody I know of my age and even higher has.
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Just be glad you have smart people where you live. bounce
Back to top Go down
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Nergal131

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:15 pm

AJ190 wrote:

Not all Americans can be as dumb as their previous president right?
Back to top Go down
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
BuzzPhil

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:18 pm

Nergal131 wrote:
AJ190 wrote:

Not all Americans can be as dumb as their previous president right?

There are Americans dumber than Bush... They are called Bush supporters...
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:27 pm

Or the people who really care, unlike me.
I take a very vague interest in politics, because normally, they aren't what they're made out to me.
Back to top Go down
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
BuzzPhil

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:39 pm

It's not like this in all the country but in US... It seems like there is a president because they need one but they don't really act...
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:43 pm

And we're also... quite bluntly... stupid.
Our country is doing well, but everyone is crying over the economy.
I know it's not good, but we're nowhere near other countries.
And our students don't seem to know anything, because they're lazy.
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:31 pm

My band came up with an idea about this yesterday.

The theory said that our soul was locked in a dark room. Here we would be given a virtual screening of life, in which we are viewing right now. So this life is like a game to see how long you can live, if you can reproduce etc etc

Could be considered genius or insane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think happens when we die?   What do you think happens when we die? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think happens when we die?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PowerMetalLivesOn :: Off Topic Area :: Debates-
Jump to: