PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? I_vote_lcapThe Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? I_voting_barThe Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? I_vote_lcapThe Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? I_voting_barThe Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?

Go down 
+11
Gurther
crimsonblade
Metal Dragon
NightwalkerRicku
AJ190
jung159
WinterSon
Thebobert5
Vggamegod
PowerMetalLivesOn
TCJacko
15 posters
AuthorMessage
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Empty
PostSubject: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:16 am

What do you think is the best thing about being a metalhead?

For me it's the pride of being unique, especially these days when there is never as much metal fans as there were in the early Maiden and Metallica days.
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:41 am

having the feeling that you are the elite
and let's face it, not many people love emos and scene kids so metalheads seem like the only ones who can take the piss out of them

and pretty much everyone respects metal fans ....not everyone though
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:20 pm

Hearing people call metal 'noise' and knowing they're just too primitive to understand what it actually is and what it stands for. Having my family think I'm violent because i like fast, heavy music. Conservative Christians calling me a heathen. All the wonderful things that come with being a metal-head.

I deal with this because i really can't stand any other genre of music to the extent i can metal. Rarely enjoy country, almost always hate pop, rap makes me gag, blues and jazz can GTFO - I could go on and on.

I just fucking love melodic metal, power metal, speed metal, melodeath metal and folk/viking metal.

The true best thing about being a metal head is that i know i'm listening to music that i truly enjoy.
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:06 pm

another thing is the brotherhood we have
you wouldnt get this with pop bands/singers like avril lavigne or something

its like a cult Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Points : 282
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:14 pm

Wow, you took the words right out of my mouth, Vggamegod. I just can't get into many other genres. The only exception is when a metal band decides to mix them. Take Skindred for example: Metal = awesome; regge = meh.....Combine them, and you have something very uniqe and great sounding. Ditto for any symphonic metal band. Metal and classical music go hand in hand. I don't care for Beethoven, but Live For the Kill by Amon Amarth with Apocalyptica moves me.

There's also the sheer power of metal. Whether it's strumming your heart string, pumping your adrenaline gland, or making you think, there's emotion abound in metal.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:44 pm

I call myself a musichead, no labels of any particular genre.
Although metal is preferably my favorite genre of them all, I love many forms of music too much to just stick with one particular sound.
As said, I love hybrids, I love metal with folk, I love metal with classical, I love weird shit being played on the simple guitar, music is just so precociously precious to me it's unbelievable.

The thing i'm proud about being a MUSICHEAD is the fact I can open my mind to things, thus people can never place any argument against me saying "I dont give things a chance" or "My musical tastes are horrible". I can easily fit into any forum of any genre (except maybe SLipknot forum Razz).
But one thing that I love about my metalhead qualities is my vast database of sub-genre and my uncanny knack of delivering education to younger metalheads, non-metalheads that are stupid, and etc.
Another thing, I love looking vicious, and listening to this vicious music, making the people who judge me too quickly stay away (these people are too close-minded and I don't want to meet them), and it makes people who are a bit more accepting take interest in me and try to get to know me better (thus i've made a new friend with a similar mentality to mine.)
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
jung159
Traveller
Traveller
jung159

Male Number of posts : 48
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 48
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:19 am

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:
another thing is the brotherhood we have
you wouldnt get this with pop bands/singers like avril lavigne or something

its like a cult Very Happy

you may be surprised on that actually I have become really good friends with members of various pop forums I talk to one of them two or three times a day, but for the most part you are correct as I have been on some where all that seems to happen is arguing.

anywho back to topic the thing I most like about being a "Musichead" (thanks WinterSon) is that I am genuinely accepting to all music sometimes it is simple and other times it is quite technical I will go from listening to metal to electro then to pop or country as I truly believe there is great music from every Genre and I believe that Metalheads are usually the most accepting to others and that is why I am proud to be in their ranks

not to mention Metal Bands have some of the greatest people in music

someone comes up to me and says give this a listen to I will give it a listen and there is always a chance I will like it

one of my really good friends is the great friend he is just for these reasons
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:37 am

Without some French pop forums, I wouldn't talk to Jung everyday. Razz
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

Male Number of posts : 334
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 388
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:33 am

Fangirls are about non-existent.
You can get in your car and turn on your radio without worrying about hearing songs you like being played constantly.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/yesitsaj
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:53 am

it cant be explained!!!! all of your reasons are really important but especially that "brotherhood" thing rocks. if you go out while wearing an Iron Maiden T-Shirt there is be always a guy who will say something good about it. metalheads are united and i know its silly but im feeling proud that people know my music taste.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:16 pm

Oh! And We have so many sub-genres. It makes our stuff never get tiring. Death Metal, Black Metal, Goth Metal, Soft Metal, Folk Metal, Power Metal, Speed Metal, Thrash Metal, there's something out there for everybody! and if you're like a lot of us here, you like it all!
Back to top Go down
Metal Dragon
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Metal Dragon

Male Number of posts : 373
User Points : 89
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:38 pm

I hate it when people say you can't be Christian AND a metalhead.

Last edited by Metal Dragon on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:13 pm

Metal Dragon wrote:

Anyone can be anything and be a metalhead, a metalhead is an anti-image and an anti-thematic. It is NOT worrying about what you look like, smell like, etc.
It's just living life, taking it as it goes, and rock out everyday.

It IS funny when you get Christian Metalheads that go on a Burzum video and comment:

"I LOVE BURZUM, but he was a bad man for burning down churches and I do not stand on that viable viewpoint, Christians teach love and (insert 400 more words here about Christian values nobody wants to hear)"
Back to top Go down
crimsonblade
Soldier
Soldier
crimsonblade

Male Number of posts : 101
User Reputation : 3
User Points : 106
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Metal Dragon wrote:
I know same here you cant say a particular style of music is anti-christian. People like that are stupid but most people arent like that.

Anyways the best thing about being a metalhead is listening to metal music ofcourse.
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:49 am

crimsonblade wrote:
Metal Dragon wrote:
I know same here you cant say a particular style of music is anti-christian. People like that are stupid but most people arent like that.

Anyways the best thing about being a metalhead is listening to metal music ofcourse.

A hilarious example of this was Iron Maiden.
"THESE GUYS ARE SATANISTS! THEY WORSHIP THE DEV- oh, they're drummer is a christian. Damn. Oh, well, what's that one thing called, black metal? Yeah, let's destroy their cds now."
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:36 am

AJ190 wrote:
crimsonblade wrote:
Metal Dragon wrote:

"THESE GUYS ARE SATANISTS! THEY WORSHIP THE DEV- oh, they're drummer is a christian. Damn. Oh, well, what's that one thing called, black metal? Yeah, let's destroy their cds now."

one of our teachers brought a 7-page printed document at school saying how much iron maiden suck and how big of a jerk is Bruce Dickinson because he was raised in an orphanage and things like these. It was completely hilarious!! everything she was trying to say was not stable
Back to top Go down
crimsonblade
Soldier
Soldier
crimsonblade

Male Number of posts : 101
User Reputation : 3
User Points : 106
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 12:32 pm

NightwalkerRicku wrote:
AJ190 wrote:
crimsonblade wrote:
Metal Dragon wrote:

one of our teachers brought a 7-page printed document at school saying how much iron maiden suck and how big of a jerk is Bruce Dickinson because he was raised in an orphanage and things like these. It was completely hilarious!! everything she was trying to say was not stable

If one of my teachers did that id literally tell them up yours Iron Maiden is awesome and Bruce Dickinson is awesome
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 12:50 pm

If any of my teachers did that I would beat the shit out of them calmly ask them to leave
Back to top Go down
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

Male Number of posts : 331
User Points : 338
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:32 pm

NightwalkerRichu said something I really enjoy about being a metalhead, and it's the fact that I can get out in the streets, and if I see someone with a shirt from a band I like, I know I can talk music with him, and he won't be like: "who the fuck is that dude" (or vice-versa)... I really enjoy this, and also, as other pointed out, the community feeling there is, especially when I go to gigs, everyone are just... buddies! Smile

And yeah, teachers are stupid... About Iron Maiden... and teachers... I remember once, we were in class, doing personal work, and I turned my iPod on and listened to some Maiden, and then my teacher (mid 20s) came by and asked me what I was listening to, I said "euhh, Iron Maiden", and he went like: "oh yeah, they rock", and for half of a second, I thought I had a cool teacher until he started singing "Run to the Hills". X_X I totally HATE this song now... (Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have listened to this song over 1,300 times (at least according to my iTunes counter... Razz)

So yeah, everything about being a metalhead just rocks Smile
Back to top Go down
Rebel
Peasant
Peasant

Male Number of posts : 10
User Points : 10
Registration date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:50 am

Wearing band t-shirts,black clothes and having long hair Headbang/Horns
Back to top Go down
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

Male Number of posts : 360
User Points : 367
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:06 am

Best thing is the music itself. And as Rebel said, wearing band shirts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:05 pm

The band members, themselves.
Unlike many other (mostly mainstream) bands, they tend to actually pay attention to their fans live. They seem to always be very nice. Look at a live video of a metal band (with good quality) and then look at one of the Jonas Brothers. The Jonas Brothers probably act like they're in a scene in American Idol, paying no attention to their "fans" screaming at them, while the metal band will give much attention to their true fans.
Back to top Go down
thelast_sniper
Peasant
Peasant

Male Number of posts : 1
User Points : 1
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:16 pm

all of the thing you said above are great you know.......but i think you lost the main thing about metal,there's alot of metalheads but most of them are posers they lost the main idea of this music,we are not listening to this music because it's cool i mean it's cool but we dont give a fuck about being cool or to show people that we are suffer we angry like most of the metalheads do these days....this music is created to fight all the powers that is against human rights and human civilization...for me there's alot of bands make a great music but not all of them writing great lyrics with a meaning...our lyrical theme what derives us from the stupid (sex,drugs,homo,shallow)music industry which is creating a generation with a brain consists of (sex,love,fashion,)(do sex and drinks and get naked to do some charity what a great celebrity to sit oprah with what a fukn community is that)come on people we are not stupid,angry,atheist we are the metal tribe our ideas will never be in any other music style.....hail to the metal tribe......
Back to top Go down
Ancalagon92
Peasant
Peasant
Ancalagon92

Male Number of posts : 2
User Points : 2
Registration date : 2011-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:21 am

For me, Metal has always been something that I've found to be liberating in a way; without meaning to sound pompous or anything. I've always thought of idiosyncrasy as a good thing, why blindly follow the masses when it's clear they themselves no not of where they are going?

Metal is something I've really come to love, an evolution from my childhood passion for Hard Rock; thanks to my dad Wink

Metal music has become such a powerful part of my life, as well as music in general. Without it, I don't know where I'd be - and I'm saying that honestly, it's truly helped me through the many hardships I've endured in my life. It gives me catharsis as well as great joy, and the way I am now I truly believe I couldn't be without it.

The best thing about being a metalhead? Freedom.
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:30 pm

its been a while since people posted in here actually so welcome in some way. and freedom. well ive never thought of it that way. Music is freedom actually and not only metal is music in fact. Since Dios death ive started to take a listen to other genres as well such as jazz,trance,house,classical music,blues and even some rnb lets say Razz Each one has a different feeling and magic, quite different from metal i have to say but still pretty interesting. There are countless songs that can project your feelings thats what ive learned after 2 years or so. Ill always have a special place for metal in my hard but its just painful to admit it...metal has pretty much lost its old glory. Before we realise it all these great bands that shined back then will disband and the only thing thats left will be some shitty stuff like BMTH, BFMV etc. Rock/metal was and still is awesome for those who listen to old school bands but it has nothing more to give to the public besides more copy/paste bands who use similar riffs to the songs from the 80s,90s etc. whats my point? well i dont have any...i just wanted to say my thoughts and hopefully find someone who will enlighten me further. My taste wont change i never said i dont love metal (i had a tendency to see posers or people who listen to other stuff as complete idiots as well xD) its just that thats how things are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?   The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Best Thing About Being A Metalhead?
Page 1 of 1