PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Bands you enjoy. Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Bands you enjoy. I_vote_lcapBands you enjoy. I_voting_barBands you enjoy. I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
Bands you enjoy. I_vote_lcapBands you enjoy. I_voting_barBands you enjoy. I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Bands you enjoy.

Go down 
+5
Apocalp7ica
NightwalkerRicku
TCJacko
WinterSon
Vggamegod
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Bands you enjoy. Empty
PostSubject: Bands you enjoy.   Bands you enjoy. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 11:35 pm

OK we all have our favorite mainstay bands we love, such as Dragonforce, Gamma Ray, Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, Iron maiden, etc.

But what about lesser metal bands? Do you even give them a listen? Or do you tire of your favorites but think you're not a true fan if you listen to others?

If you do listen to many bands, how do you keep track of them? What method do you use to discover new bands and remember which bands you've been impressed by and want to remember?

I'll start: I listen to probably over 100 metal bands easily - and i put them all into one large playlist to keep them relatively fresh by not repeating the same songs over and over. I don't consider myself a 'true' fan of any one band, but of metal in general (even if i prefer power/folk/symphonic), so i rarely whore 1 particular band over others, except maybe Gamma Ray Wink

I surf Youtube a lot in search of new and old bands I've not heard before, and if im impressed, i log the band name, song, album title, etc into a composition book. When I get some money, i buy a few song, and if i like them, an album, if i like it, all their albums, money permitting. Then i put a check mark on bands i really like and a X on bands i didn't like too much. But I never cross them off, as i am known to go back and try them again to see if my tastes have changed a bit.

This is my method of aquiring music, what's yours?
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Bands you enjoy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you enjoy.   Bands you enjoy. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:15 am

Shows, suggestions, related links, wikipedia/YouTube combination, and of course, the local listings.
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Bands you enjoy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you enjoy.   Bands you enjoy. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:22 am

Well starting from now I'm just gonna see the gig updates in Kerrang!, see if there are any small but interesting bands there, and if there are, check out a couple of songs, and if I like them, I'll get some tickets, if not, then I won't.

I'm seeing Nickelback next month with Black Stone Cherry - just to experience some music outside metal and more into rock.
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Bands you enjoy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you enjoy.   Bands you enjoy. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:25 am

TCJacko wrote:
Well starting from now I'm just gonna see the gig updates in Kerrang!, see if there are any small but interesting bands there, and if there are, check out a couple of songs, and if I like them, I'll get some tickets, if not, then I won't.

I'm seeing Nickelback next month with Black Stone Cherry - just to experience some music outside metal and more into rock.

Nickelback fail
Black Stone Cherry is meh

If you want to draw outside metal and into rock, you should check out more into Krautorock bands or New wave of UK Prog.
Porcupine Tree and such.
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Bands you enjoy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you enjoy.   Bands you enjoy. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:57 am

well its kinda complicated. i have found many bands just by clear luck but there are many ways to discover them. for example the related youtube videos or the comments. you can also google them by writing "best power metal bands" or things like these. my only problem (which is something that im ashamed of) is that i rarely buy CDs but im gonna change it when ill get a job for summer.

to get into the point, after tons of useless things, i dont have a specific method for aquiring music. discovering new bands is just a matter of luck or destiny
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
Apocalp7ica
Traveller
Traveller
Apocalp7ica

Male Number of posts : 17
User Reputation : -1
User Points : 20
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Bands you enjoy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you enjoy.   Bands you enjoy. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 4:24 am

I discover a lot music by LastFM, YouTube and music stores.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/darkmoor99
consoleman94
Peasant
Peasant
consoleman94

Male Number of posts : 13
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 15
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Bands you enjoy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you enjoy.   Bands you enjoy. Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:01 am

As for me, I get my music taste from random bands I check on wikipedia. But I got interested in Power Quest from here.
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Bands you enjoy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you enjoy.   Bands you enjoy. Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:55 am

consoleman94 wrote:
As for me, I get my music taste from random bands I check on wikipedia. But I got interested in Power Quest from here.

haha cool man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Bands you enjoy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you enjoy.   Bands you enjoy. Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:26 pm

WinterSon wrote:
TCJacko wrote:

Black Stone Cherry is meh

Meh?

I never said I would go completely out of metal and into rock - that's called insanity.

And Nickelback are not a fail, just because of songs like 'Rockstar' and 'Photograph' everyone thinks that they are some wannabe rock band *coughs*Jonas Brothers *coughs*.

They actually do some pretty heavier stuff than those songs. And overall they are an okay band.
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Bands you enjoy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you enjoy.   Bands you enjoy. Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:07 pm

TCJacko wrote:
I never said I would go completely out of metal and into rock - that's called insanity.

We should create a mental ward for anyone who actually does do that, haha.
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

Male Number of posts : 334
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 388
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Bands you enjoy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you enjoy.   Bands you enjoy. Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:23 pm

TCJacko wrote:

They actually do some pretty heavier stuff than those songs. And overall they are an okay band.
It's okay. We all have experienced bands we like that no one else seems too. That just shows that you can stand your ground. Smile
I have my favorite bands, but I find mine from Youtube, Myspace, LastFM, and websites like here.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/yesitsaj
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

Male Number of posts : 331
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 338
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Bands you enjoy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you enjoy.   Bands you enjoy. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:09 pm

Hmmm, this is interesting... At first, I discovered new bands via website like this one, but right now, I must admit most of the new bands I discover are suggestions from my friends (friends that I met on websites such as this one)... It does filtrer the bands I check out, which is why I still try to check websites like this one, because sometimes, I end up liking a band absolutly nobody else likes (which is really sad! Razz)...

I also check out local festival's band list a lot... Small local festivals are full of surprises Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bands you enjoy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you enjoy.   Bands you enjoy. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands you enjoy.
Page 1 of 1