PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust I_vote_lcapDisturbed with Skindred and Sevendust I_voting_barDisturbed with Skindred and Sevendust I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust I_vote_lcapDisturbed with Skindred and Sevendust I_voting_barDisturbed with Skindred and Sevendust I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 282
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust Empty
PostSubject: Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust   Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:37 pm

Well, i wasn't originally gonna do a thread for this because I am most definitely not a detailed person. But since I believe I'm the only one that went to a show on their tour, I figured why not? I'll throw in some personal accounts and spice it up a bit. You know, so it's longer than, "OH EMM GEE! TEH SHOW WAS SO AWESOME!!!". So, here it goes....

Okay, so I've been looking at, and planning to go to alot of shows recently. When I go to a concert, it's usually in Atlanta, Georgia. (Read: Just under 100 miles away.) Well, this show was in AUGUSTA, Georgia.....THE OTHER FUCKING SIDE OF GEORGIA! (Read: Just under 300 miles away.) So mix driving 3X the length of what I'm used to, with leaving an hour or so later than I would have liked, and the trip in and of itself was a bit of an adventure.

Now onto the actual concert....The show was in a stadium, so that was a nice mix of scenery, as the last few I've been to were in clubs. Of course, the downside here is that I'm on a concrete floor instead of a wooden floor, which isn't all that friendly on my feet/calves. But oh well. 'Tis not a good show unless you're sore the next day week.

I get there, and find a spot that's real close to the stage, but on the FAR left. I'm talking right in front of the speaker. After awhile, Skindred comes out. Now I hadn't actually ever heard of them before, so when I started hearing the dun-dun-duh dudun-dun du-da of the Imperial March, I just about jizzed myself. (Turns out that it's called Imperial March (Rage Mix)/watch?v=E9CVODEhTGA which was made for Star Wars: Force Commander.) Now, that video obviously has nothing on seeing it played live. But it gives you an idea. And remember when I said that I was right in front of the speaker? Well, around 34 seconds into the song, that bass rift hits, and my lugs just collapsed, and my face started peeling off like something from Metalocalypse. I looked for a set list online, but can't find one. So there's not much more I can say here. If you want a taste of their music, here you go.

So, then was Sevendust. I've never been a huge fan, and this show didn't really change that. I don't dislike them, but there's nothing special about them in my book. For those that want to know, their set list was:
Inside
Denial
Pieces
Clueless
Suffocate
Enemy
Rumble Fish
Face 2 Face

Also, since some people left the floor, for whatever reason, I got to move a bit right during the downtime between sets. The reason that I mentioned that was because after Sevendust, I moved up as close to the front/center as I could...As well did about another 12 people that followed me. So when I finally stop there's this drunken orca of a bitch behind me. She starts yelling about being crowded and such. I turn around, and kindly explain to her that we all paid for the same floor ticket, and if she doesn't like being crowded, she probably shouldn't be in the pit. She doesn't like this, and starts pushing me. The first few times, I just turn around and give her the evil eye. Then she starts talking about how there was apparently some other guy there before I showed up, and when he was moshing, she pushed him over. I decided just to ignore her, so she stopped for a few minutes, then pushed again. I turned around and said, "You're going to stop that." She stopped for another few minutes, and when Disturbed was about to come on, she decided to push again. This time I warned her, "You have one more time, bitch." I'm a pretty lax guy, and can put up with alot, but the show was about to start, and you don't mess with my music. So Disturbed starts (I'll come back to this, as I'm 'bout done here.) and I start jumping and such. She pushes again, I was ready so I land it, then charge into her. She really doesn't like this, and starts throwing punches. I did get acouple in the face because some guy didn't know what was going on, and grabbed me, but let go after a buddy of his told him. So, i started running into people, started a mosh pit, then knocked this bitch over. She's getting trampled. After awhile, she finally gets back up, and at this time another chick comes by crowd surfing. So, what do I do? I grab her, and throw her at the bitch. She gets knocked down again, but gets up alot faster the second time around. When she did, she starts hitting the girl I used as a projectile, but by this time everyone around us hated her, so all back up and point. Security comes over and drags her out. So, apparently I now have the new title, "Hurler of bitches.". lol.

Now.....On to Disturbed. So, it opens up, and the lead singer is being wheeled out, and he's in a straight jacket, and Hannibal mask. He's let out of the jacket, and the intro for Perfect Insanity starts. He eventually takes off the mask but I don't recall if it was before/during/after the song. Also, they used FOUR backdrops during the show. The first one was just the logo, then they had the album covers of Ten Thousand Fists and Indestructible. And one other that I know I've seen, but I don't remember where. Also, when Ten Thousand Fists started playing, The Guy's eyes started glowing red, and a light appeared next to each fist. (Like they were holding lighters.)

Set list: (Ganked off teh Interwebs.)

Perfect Insanity w/ intro
Liberate
Just Stop No/intro
Voices w/ intro
xxx backdrop change - clock drop xxx
Indestructible
Prayer w/intro
Land of Confusion NO/intro
xxx backdrop change - fists drop xxx
deify
xxx quick stop / no talk xxx
Stupify
The Night
Haunted
Ten Thousand Fists w/ acoustic intro
The Game w/ crowd intro
xxx backdrop change - fire drop xxx
Inside the fire
Stricken
DRUM SOLO!
Down with the Sickness

The drum solo there, played experts from several songs. After about 3-5 minutes, he went into the intro of Down With The Sickness. (Which was simply AMAZING to mosh to.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust   Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 3:49 am

" You know, so it's longer than, "OH EMM GEE! TEH SHOW WAS SO AWESOME!!!"."

Who do you mean by that?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust   Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:41 am

Well, I tend to be a person that says something was either great or terrible. (IE, Youtube videos get 5 stars, or 0.)

If by any chance you're asking for a literal translation, OH EMM GEE = OMG.
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust   Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:18 am

No, I meant that I wrote only one sentence about the DragonForce concert and I thought you were refering to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust   Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 2:20 pm

Ahhh...Nah, didn't mean anything by that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust   Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disturbed with Skindred and Sevendust
Page 1 of 1