PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 I_vote_lcapBest Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 I_voting_barBest Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 I_vote_lcapBest Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 I_voting_barBest Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Best Computer Game Ever?

Go down 
+19
WinterSon
Metallhead123
BuzzPhil
Gurther
infernoRS
unferth
Vggamegod
jung159
StarchaserAria
Thebobert5
balrog
snipermage
yoshimitsublade13
NightwalkerRicku
Metal Dragon
metaldrummer93
Rokai
PowerMetalLivesOn
MetalNiller
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalNiller
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
MetalNiller

Male Number of posts : 346
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 49
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:15 am

"Call Of Duty: World At War" is great Very Happy

I have heard "Fallout 3" should be a fantastic computer-game, but I never tried it.

Be sure to watch:

"Empire: Total War"
I can already promise, that it will ROCK cheers
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 6:03 am

Have you played any FPS games in the past 3 years? Cause that's exactly what Fallout 3 is like except the better graphics. That's why I don't play FPS, they're boring.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
MetalNiller
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
MetalNiller

Male Number of posts : 346
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 49
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:59 am

Rokai wrote:
Have you played any FPS games in the past 3 years? Cause that's exactly what Fallout 3 is like except the better graphics. That's why I don't play FPS, they're boring.

No, I haven't...
Thanks for the information Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 282

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 2:17 pm

yoshimitsublade13 wrote:
Thebobert5 wrote:
I'm going to have to go with the Myst series on this one. I've been a fanatic since it first came out back in '93. The only series that has come close to it in my book is Halo. But that's only because the books enrich the story so much and also because I was in a clan for several years, and made great friends there.

I could go into the list of what I have, but let's just skip that, and say that if they made it, I own it. I'm even getting a tattoo soon*. I would post a picture, but the link that I have isn't working right now, and I don't feel like uploading it again at the moment. Anywho, it's "Perhaps the ending has not yet been written" in the D'ni script circling my arm with a moiety dagger separating the beginning/end.

Dagger = Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Symbol1

And the quote is from the intro in the first game. It's basically the Myst version of "One ring to rule them all".

*Pending on money. I've been saying "soon" for the last year.....Hopefully it really wil be soon.

Wait a tic, if your 20 and Myst came out in '93 that would mean you picked up Myst at the ripe age of, uhhh, 4. I was pretty big into Macintosh in the early '90's (Marathon Series mostly) and I remember Myst. It was a boring tedious affair with endless hours of exploring and puzzle solving, with no enemies, set objectives or real goals for the first, I don't know, 50 hours. Not exactly 4 year old consumer market. If your gonna get a knife tatooed on yourself, maybe think about picking a knife from a game with, uhh, enemys.

I *think* I was 5.......Either way, I do remember that I was in kindergarten. I started playing it with my dad, and then started it on my own after a couple days. (He wouldn't click where I told him to.....I knew where secret doors were becouse I watched Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo teaches you everything! XD)

As for the enemy thing: What can I say? At that age, I was obsessed with secret passageways and traps and such. If I had to guess, that's what struck my intrest, and the story kept me in. (I read the three books when they came out. Second grade, I believe.)

Don't get me wrong, I played other games too (Off the top of my head: Thexder '95, Doom & Quake.) They just didn't weve as much of an elaborate tale.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

Male Number of posts : 605
User Points : 26
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:11 am

Rokai wrote:

Rokai I will slap you with a digital cock. Fallout 3 is not a first person shooter at all its an action role playing game with some first person aspects. To condem the golden great game machine factory that is the FPS genre for that game would be ubsurd. Fallout 3 is an epic good game but a FPS it is not, definitely grab it if you can. As for good FPS computer games I'd say look at Crysis, Halo 2 or maybe even some of Steam's offerings. Those would be games like Counter Strike or Portal.

Now to the Bobert, you sir are an elite few then. To have not only played but enjoyed that game at that age is an awesome testament to the many many facets that video games offer to all. Glad to hear you read the books, I read lots of books based off of video games myself, mostly Halo books, but some others.
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:43 am

I saw a short video of Fallout 3 and they were shooting stuff and it had that typical next-gen FPS look so I thought it's another boring FPS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

Male Number of posts : 605
User Points : 26
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:48 am

Rokai wrote:
I saw a short video of Fallout 3 and they were shooting stuff and it had that typical next-gen FPS look so I thought it's another boring FPS.

Its cool dude. Thats why you have ultra knowledgeable friends like me and the rest of this crazy crowd. And I will concede that most FPS's are getting a little stale.
Back to top Go down
jung159
Traveller
Traveller
jung159

Male Number of posts : 48
User Points : 48
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:45 pm

well most of the greatest games have been stated but I shall restate many of them :p

Doom- it revolutionized First Person Shooters it was the first game with a deathmatch, get to shoot Demons and tons of Mods for it

Diablo- one of the greatest non D&D based Roll Playing Games

Warcract- probably the greatest to come from Blizzard In my opinion

Myst- yes I played it when I was like 5 on the old Mac

Red Orchestra and Mare Nostrum- the most realistic First Person Shooter Period

the Heroes of Might and Magic Series- my favorite Turn based Stategy game I have all five of them for my PC minus one expansion for the 4th and one for the 5th

and last but not least any of the original Forgotten Realms or Dragon Lance D&D based RPGs I've always liked the books and there is so much lore to base a game off of and they did great with it the best series was probably Pool of Randiance, Curse of Azure Bonds, and Secret of the Silver Blade from Forgotten Realms
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:16 am

Elder Scrolls series, bar none.
Back to top Go down
unferth
Traveller
Traveller
unferth

Male Number of posts : 30
User Reputation : -1
User Points : 35
Registration date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:34 pm

Diablo II
Back to top Go down
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

Male Number of posts : 360
User Points : 367
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:24 am

Left 4 Dead, Quake 2, Unreal 2004, Assassin's Creed, Call Of Duty 2&4, Half-Life 2 Episodes 1-2. And Guitar Hero 3 Shredding
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:26 am

by the way, ive started playing wow with a friend of mine. The servers are completely filled with retarted people xD. I mean which metalhead would listen to power metal only because he thinks that the lyrics are made for wow players who enjoy fighting with their avatars???
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

Male Number of posts : 331
User Points : 338
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 9:09 am

NightwalkerRicku wrote:
by the way, ive started playing wow with a friend of mine. The servers are completely filled with retarted people xD. I mean which metalhead would listen to power metal only because he thinks that the lyrics are made for wow players who enjoy fighting with their avatars???

Retards :o
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:36 pm

haha i hate those fucktards who think power metal is about WoW - god i hate pop culture
Back to top Go down
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:37 pm

Vggamegod wrote:
haha i hate those fucktards who think power metal is about WoW - god i hate pop culture

lol!

I agree! Smile
Back to top Go down
jung159
Traveller
Traveller
jung159

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:56 pm

maybe it's a good thing I quit WoW after the first week cheers
Back to top Go down
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:54 pm

jung159 wrote:

Yeah... I quited after the 0th day =D
Back to top Go down
jung159
Traveller
Traveller
jung159

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:58 pm

Gurther wrote:
jung159 wrote:

that would've been me too but some friends were big into it and wanted me to play so I tried and it pretty much sucked

you're not missing out on anything :p
Back to top Go down
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:59 pm

jung159 wrote:
Gurther wrote:
jung159 wrote:

that would've been me too but some friends were big into it and wanted me to play so I tried and it pretty much sucked

Good thing, else, maybe you wouldn't be here atm ;(
Back to top Go down
jung159
Traveller
Traveller
jung159

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:00 pm

Gurther wrote:
jung159 wrote:
Gurther wrote:
jung159 wrote:

oh I'd still be here a different friend got me here Wink
Back to top Go down
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:36 pm

jung159 wrote:
Gurther wrote:
jung159 wrote:
Gurther wrote:
jung159 wrote:

oh I'd still be here a different friend got me here Wink

But you wouldn't have enough time to post here! Razz
Back to top Go down
jung159
Traveller
Traveller
jung159

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:43 pm

Gurther wrote:

ahaha yes I don't seem to have the time I'd like half the time anyway lol

I can't play the same game for endless hours anyway unless with friends in the room Viking
Back to top Go down
Gurther
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Gurther

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:44 pm

jung159 wrote:
Gurther wrote:

ahaha yes I don't seem to have the time I'd like half the time anyway lol

I can't play the same game for endless hours anyway unless with friends in the room Viking

I can't play the same game for endless hours. (final.) Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
jung159
Traveller
Traveller
jung159

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:56 pm

Gurther wrote:

I can't play the same game for endless hours. (final.) Razz lol!

indeed it does end up getting old fast even with pals I guess :p

I am looking forward to Diablo 3 though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 9:28 pm

i'm ashamed to say i played WoW for over a month ;/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Computer Game Ever?   Best Computer Game Ever? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Computer Game Ever?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next