PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
japanese power metal bands Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
japanese power metal bands I_vote_lcapjapanese power metal bands I_voting_barjapanese power metal bands I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
japanese power metal bands I_vote_lcapjapanese power metal bands I_voting_barjapanese power metal bands I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

japanese power metal bands

Go down 
+6
Nergal131
Masterofpuppies
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
Rokai
yoshimitsublade13
10 posters
AuthorMessage
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

Male Number of posts : 605
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 26
Registration date : 2008-12-11

japanese power metal bands Empty
PostSubject: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:53 pm

two i've found so far that i enjoy are versailles and galneryus, thoughts on these guys?, any worhty additions?
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:44 am

Japan isn't very good at music. Judging from anime soundtracks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:55 am

well i have heard a japanese power metal song by dragonland. i dont know if you will like it though. it is called Rusty Nail. try it out if you want.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

PostSubject: Re: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:21 am

definetly heard the dragonlord, pretty good. to the other guy please don't judge the state of a country's music by it's cartoons soundtracks (granted i realize that anime is more than just cartoons, i watch a fair amount myself) god i hope the rest of the world isn't doing that to us (granted to me most good power metal is coming out of europe)
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:32 am

yoshimitsublade13 wrote:
definetly heard the dragonlord, pretty good. to the other guy please don't judge the state of a country's music by it's cartoons soundtracks (granted i realize that anime is more than just cartoons, i watch a fair amount myself) god i hope the rest of the world isn't doing that to us (granted to me most good power metal is coming out of europe)

although i never really liked anime i have wathed a bit and some japanese songs sound good. For example Heart Of Sword by Samurai X. Also i have played Final Fantasy Dirge Of Cerberus and it contained some interesting soundtracks whose english translation is awesome. of course it was still in japanese so i cant say i really liked it Razz

anyway yoshmitsu just to inform you, a power metal (i think) band is X Japan and you can aso try out Gackt. i know nothing else for the japanese music apart from this
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

PostSubject: Re: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 10:02 am

oh yeah samurai x is sweet, i actually do listen to a couple bands that arn't in english, japanese, spanish, italian. just tryin to get a worldly view of the metal. but i have been focusing mostly in japan because most of them(bands) are extremely talented with exceptionally clean english lyrics
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 10:51 am

There is that japanese power metal band called X Japan. Not heard them but they're on wiki.
Back to top Go down
Masterofpuppies
Peasant
Peasant
Masterofpuppies

Male Number of posts : 4
User Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:06 am

There are two Japanese power metal bands I really like called Wizard's Hymn and Concerto Moon. AREA51 is another one I think.
Back to top Go down
Nergal131
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Nergal131

Male Number of posts : 291
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 399
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:32 pm

Double Dealer is an awesome band, not your typical Japanese Power Metal band but played with aggression.

Masterpiece is another one, although pretty generic, they are pretty good.

Can definitely recommend X Japan. One of the older Power Metal bands of Japan but they kick ass.
Back to top Go down
holliday46
Soldier
Soldier
holliday46

Male Number of posts : 114
User Points : 130
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:55 pm

cloud 9 is pretty good too i dont like galneryus very much syu is a good player but not my style and the cover of black diamond they did was shameful :*(
Back to top Go down
AJ190
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
AJ190

Male Number of posts : 334
User Reputation : 2
User Points : 388
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:10 pm

Rokai wrote:
Japan isn't very good at music. Judging from anime soundtracks.

Actually, I heard one that is really good, and pretty sad.
Search for Kana Little Sister For You OST.
It's a game soundtrack, but it's still along the anime lines.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/yesitsaj
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:29 pm

If anyone wants to try a good Jap power metal band, look up Balflare.

It's basically the Jap Sonata Arctica, however some of their songs are really good. Only bad thing is the vocals are sub-average, but otherwise really good music.
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:42 pm

Japan's best musical export is their Jazz and Experimental Rock Musicians.
Although J-Metal is okay as well, most of them tend to have sub-par vocals with some nice compositional ideas.

I like Blood Stain Child, again, some of their songs have sub-par vocals, but they've got some nice innovation in the Melodic Death Metal style. They're not Power Metal, but isn't Melodeath just Power with Harsh vocals anyway. :p
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

PostSubject: Re: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:29 am

WinterSon wrote:
but isn't Melodeath just Power with Harsh vocals anyway. :p

not always, but yeah, a lot of the time Razz no other way to explain why i like melodeath! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

PostSubject: Re: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 4:35 pm

Masterofpuppies wrote:
There are two Japanese power metal bands I really like called Wizard's Hymn and Concerto Moon. AREA51 is another one I think.

Those are seriously 3 of my top 5 favorite Japanese metal bands. Confirmed two of the have split and will be no more. To bad to cause Wizards Hymn is the shit.
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

PostSubject: Re: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 4:37 pm

Listening now, so bad ass. Epic achieved.
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

PostSubject: Re: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 4:35 am

Knights of Round (decent Jap power metal band with some good songs)
Dragon Guardian (Anime power metal, best way to describe this one)
Minstrelix (I highly recommend this one, best Jap power metal band I've heard to date)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: japanese power metal bands   japanese power metal bands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

japanese power metal bands
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PowerMetalLivesOn :: The Metal Kingdom :: Power Metal Bands-
Jump to: