PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Tool Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Tool I_vote_lcapTool I_voting_barTool I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Tool

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 282
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Tool Empty
PostSubject: Tool   Tool Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:23 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I wrote up some log ass review, was about to send it, and accidentally hit the wrong button....Everything's lost. Sad So, I'm going to deal with this in paragraphs. There might not be much flow between them, but deal with it.

First off, closing at work, getting two hours of sleep, then opening. Only to get off just in time to drive out of state for a concert sucks incredible donkey cock, sir. Let me tell you. I did get off one or two hour early as they found out I was already over 40 hrs for the week. They told me to go home, and right then, over the PA, I heard, "Raindrops keep fallin' on my head...." Lol. Alas though, it was just a tease. I couldn't get any last minute shut eye. So I got changed, took the 4 hour drive to Atlanta plus the 2.5 hour "Get lost in Atlanta and try to find Duluth again" time.

The tickets I got were level 100 seats. I missed out on the pit, which wouldn't be THAT bad, except I was so close to the stage that if I looked straight, all I could see was the audience. (No joke.) Now, normally, this would be a good thing. Except, in case you didn't already know, there's a HUGE visual aspect to Tool shows. So I got to miss out on some of that all together, and the rest, partially. It's like looking at those Magic Eye posters. Up close, it's all messy, but when you can see everything, then a shape appears.....Well, I was REALLY up close. Not only that, but the sound there was horrendous. Maynard switched between his regular mic, and a talkbox several times, and honestly, I couldn't tell the difference. Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't have missed it for the world, but there was lots of room for improvement there.

The setlist.....I don't really have that much room to complain here as it was my first Tool show, but this is a mini-Tour with no album. They could have done ANYTHING. What did they choose to do? Recycle the same setlist from their 10,000 Days tour from a couple years back. Oh, but minus 3-4 songs. Two of which--Wings For Marie/10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)--create a song that runs in at around 20 minutes. Granted, we were one of the shows that got AEnema , and that's one of my favorite songs. But still...

Before I forget, the opening band was Tweak Bird. As a whole, they were "Meh." but holy shit the drummer is amazing. He was breaking sticks left and right. Before Lateralus, They brought out his drumset, and Maynard said, "Let the drum faggotry begin!" Then both Danny (Tool's drummer) and Tweak Bird's drummer had a face off in the middle of the song. Afterwards, Maynard gave him a hard time, saying something like, "Get this shit off my stage!" or something.This was what I was trying to find a video of when I accidentally closed the tab.

One more thing before I post the setlist and some videos.....LAZERS!!!! Since the moment they came out, (To be exact, it was during Rosetta Stoned, right after he screams "Shit the bed! " for the first time.) All I could think of Invader Zim, "See? I told you they'd love the lazers!" Oh, and random fun fact of the day: They were the ones that were used on the set of Iron Man 2.

Setlist:

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46 & 2
Schism (Extended)
Lost Keys (With new audio)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Aenema
Lateralus (Extended with Tweak Bird)
Vicarious

Schism--This isn't even where I was sitting. I was still MUCH more to the left.

Vicarious--Focus on drums, but ZOMG! LAZORZ!

Lateralus--Yey, found one. This guy also has a few other songs, so if you want, click the video, and then go to his profile to see them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
holliday46
Soldier
Soldier
holliday46

Male Number of posts : 114
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 130
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool   Tool Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:59 am

i wanted to go but i couldnt get tickets, my buddy went last night and he said it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool   Tool Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:27 pm

They played Vicarious, sweet, that's currently my favorite track off of them.
Aside from that the tracklist is pretty expected, they of course have to play Lateralus and Schism, it's two of their most well-known.
I'm glad you had a good time, here's to more concerts for you in the future. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
Sponsored content

Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool   Tool Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tool
Page 1 of 1