PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] I_vote_lcapDragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] I_voting_barDragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] I_vote_lcapDragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] I_voting_barDragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]

Go down 
+9
metaldrummer93
Metal Dragon
Chaosdragon94
somera55
v5vendeta
NightwalkerRicku
PowerMetalLivesOn
Rokai
TCJacko
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Empty
PostSubject: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:46 am

I think here, Dragonforce have changed a lot. They are still fast, but also a lot of slow parts in it. Listen to A Flame For Freedom. It's one of the slowest ever metal songs for me. Anyone says Dragonforce are repetitive, which I would have to agree with you on Inhuman Rampage, this is the album you must buy. The best are probably Heroes Of Our Time, Reasons To Live, The Last Journey Home and The Warrior Inside. Anyway, here are the tracks and my thoughts. Please tell me your thoughts.

1. Heroes Of Our Time - The only music video so far on ultra beatdown. as usual, the no.1 song solos for dragonforce are incredible. the solo kicks off after a quiet vocal and keyboard only part, and herman takes the first solo as usual. anyway, some great work from all members, and a definite mention to the bass guitar in this song. some great parts frederic has done here. it starts off with a deafening intro, and then some great work from the drums and guitar in the secondary intro. a great target-to-play for drummers considering there are no real speed difficulties here. it's dragonforce, as they are. and we all love that.

2. The Fire Still Burns - A different intro from this song, as the vocals kick off from the very beginning, and for a change, the lead guitar starts after the vocals. here you can see a change developing in dragonforce, and this change, is looking good. i must mention the peculiar yet brilliant sounds on the intro that the keyboardist Vadim is making. some great noises as usual, and to me they sound like 'squishing' noises. after the intro, another fantastic drum fill kicks off, followed up by the guitar parts. they then end and the vocals start, but with nothing else, which is a good effect.

3. Reasons To Live - An immediate mention to the strange yet amazing sound at the start from Herman and his EGEN guitar. Then a loud part kicks off, with some great effects from Vadim, and a keyboard part then does a quick two second solo. the vocals in this song are great. the chorus is extremely catchy: "Hold me, save me! A star shines in all of us we'll search for all our lives, one day we'll find a way and a reason to survive" then a part that i love where it goes quiet with cymbal chokes from dave and chord chokes from guitar and the vocals go: "Cry for the day to return, life no-one can understand!" anyway, one of the best on Ultra Beatdown. great work from all members again. I must mention the change in solo here, which sounds like something Led Zeppelin would do. Did you know this solo was actually supposed be a huge keyboard solo? Herman and Sam deleted it and replaced it with their solo. lol. It shows it on 'The Making Of Ultra Beatdown' on the Special Edition Version of this album.

4. HeartBreak Armageddon - The song kicks off with a phenomenally quick drum fill by dave mackintosh. dave has a lot to do in this song. a magnificent intro followed up by catchy guitar and keyboard work, to create a great song. not much to be said about this one, just again, quiet whilst the vocals are going, which is one of the best things about dragonforce songs.

5. The Last Journey Home - My favourite of the album. Some quick, Revolution-DeathSquad-and-Disciples-Of-Babylon-like guitar and bass at the start. The chorus is amazing. The best bit that really gets me singing is: "Once alone again, silent stares for our Last Journey Home". There is a good vocal work during that. Some 'Hot Hand' work from Herman in the solo. A great song in my opinion.

6. A Flame For Freedom - This is the equivalent to Trail Of Broken Hearts, which was on Inhuman Rampage. Slow, but good. Not the best song of the album, but this song represents the fact that dragonforce don't just play one thing and stick with it. A Flame For Freedom is slow, but yet a beautiful song. The chorus is extremely catchy. I love the part with guitar and drums just after that immediate first chorus. The verses are beautiful and quiet. It just makes me want to cry, it really makes me feel something inside. If they would perform this at a concert I'd take my Dad and make him lift me on his shoulders. I would get out a glow stick and sway. lol. This really is a beautiful song by Dragonforce.

7. Inside The Winter Storm - Anyway, enough of the slow parts, here's another quick song of Ultra Beatdown. Another great fill from Dave Mackintosh near the start. The parts after that sound a bit like that part on Through The Fire And Flames where Sam and Herman turn their hands upside down and play. Great verses in this song, and after the first verse, some really impressive stuff from Herman. I love where it goes: "One stand, one last demand to end it all!". The chorus as usual is very catchy. The sound from Herman before the first chorus = amazing. The quick chorus ends in a quiet, beautiful sample of what ZP Theart's voice can do. It is beautiful. It then hits another chorus, and the song carries on. That beautiful bit I have to mention has great keyboard work as well. Vadim is a fantastic keyboardist. The second time the chorus kicks in, a new bit is added, ending in "Until the end of time, Inside The Winter Storm!". Then the song hits one of the best solos of Ultra Beatdown.

8. The Warrior Inside - This song is the icing on the cake of Ultra Beatdown. The song starts with a cool noise, followed by great keyboard work, then some great drumming work. This song again really makes me feel something inside. Especially when it builds up when ZP sings: "Nothing left still searching for something, deep beneath the cries!" ending in a "Wait for the deafening silence". For some reason, I love when he sings "I'll still be waiting tomorrow". Just that line really makes me feel something inside. I don't know why, it just does. The chorus also makes me feel something: "Take my hand, this one last time, face the world before us, The Warrior Inside, in a lifetime of disaster it's a battle to the end, final stand my life must carry on, and forever this time!". The second chorus is followed up with some great keyboard work, and then an awesome drum fill and some good work. If you love this album so far, wait until you hear the song's solo. Amazing solo, with a beautiful ending, in a beautiful song.

If you like Dragonforce, this album is a must. It is amazing. Great work from all members, especially considering that this is the first time the current line-up of Dragonforce have recorded an album and played together. They understand the aim of the band, to be different from all other bands, and most importantly they all understand each other. If you think Dragonforce are repetitive, download some songs from this album or even buy this album and you are immediately proven wrong. This is absolutely amazing work, as usual. They have met the high expectations set from Inhuman Rampage, and I wish them the best of luck for the future.

A rating of 5/5 stars. It just had to be.

Last edited by TCJacko on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:51 am

I downloaded it but let's keep it a secret.

I would also like to add that they really vary on the themes. For example the brutal begginning of Reasons to Live and the psychedelic keys solo in Heartbreak Armageddon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:55 am

yeah got the album

great album...

i have a new idea

i think we should have a new section where we do reviews of new albums

but we have to make it professional so ONLY one member can review an album and everyone else can comment on it

but we have to agree on who will review an album....all tracks must be reviewed....and then a rating out of 5 stars must be given

what do people think?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:59 am

I agree. It's not like I WOULD do a review since I always give 5 to every thing I like and 1 to every thing I don't.
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:27 pm

yeah i like the idea of that. and yes be professional about it so we dont have loads of people reviewing one album. and also only albums from bands that people like and are popular. i recommend rhapsody, dragonforce, power quest or stratovarious lol. have more of the bigger power metal bands.
Back to top Go down
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:02 pm

nice review Very Happy its definitely one of their best albums. its nice they have improved so much. i just hope all these DF haters on youtube will shut it when they'll hear Ultra Beatdown
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:56 pm

NightwalkerRicku wrote:
nice review Very Happy its definitely one of their best albums. its nice they have improved so much. i just hope all these DF haters on youtube will shut it when they'll hear Ultra Beatdown

No. They will never shut up. I tried showing them awesome Dragonforce live shows, and still they say they suck. I just leave them alone now, because I really can't be bothered. They're never going to change their mind. I've actually seen a couple that have, but not many more will. You can try to convince them, but good luck.
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:03 pm

tcjacko that was truly a great review

well done

i enjoyed reading that Horns Viking
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:08 pm

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:

well done

thanks alot man. took me a long time to do that lol. I just played each track through my PA and reviewed each one as it played.
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:12 pm

TCJacko wrote:
PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:

well done

thanks alot man. took me a long time to do that lol. I just played each track through my PA and reviewed each one as it played.

haha , you might regret doing such a good review, because we just might force you to do a 'classic' review on inhuman rampage

although i think i will do valley of the damned (even though it isnt new)

whenever you can be bothered to do one really Very Happy no rush Viking
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:11 pm

Really good review. Now do Inhuman Rampage! ON THE DOUBLE! And call me Colonel Rokai. And get me the cavalry.
Back to top Go down
v5vendeta
Traveller
Traveller
v5vendeta

Male Number of posts : 17
User Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: awesome review   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:32 pm

great review of the album. just a side note: maybe you should add strike of the ninja and scars of yesterday, both very good songs.
but i totally agree with you on the reviews. the chorus of the warrior inside is just awe inspiring and imo the last journey home is the most epic dragonforce song ever.
Back to top Go down
somera55
Traveller
Traveller
somera55

Male Number of posts : 23
User Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:53 pm

Awesome review yo
i too like the last journey home
great song
cool album
amazing band
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 12:44 pm

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:
TCJacko wrote:
PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:

well done

haha , you might regret doing such a good review, because we just might force you to do a 'classic' review on inhuman rampage

although i think i will do valley of the damned (even though it isnt new)

whenever you can be bothered to do one really Very Happy no rush Viking

Yeah I can do an Inhuman Rampage review as well. I have got the album, so I just do the same method. Play the whole album, and review each song as it goes. Inhuman Rampage will probably be a five stars, because it's definitely the second best if not best album they've ever done. I think I will go easy on Through The Fire And Flames - the newbies who don't know me as much as all you might think I like it because of Guitar Hero. My view on that is it is a great song, whether it was on Guitar Hero or not, it is still as good.
Back to top Go down
Chaosdragon94
Soldier
Soldier
Chaosdragon94

Male Number of posts : 242
User Points : 76
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:13 pm

Do the bonus songs damnit. Ahh well, good review none-the-less.
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:09 pm

Chaosdragon94 wrote:

I dont have the special edition album, so I can't really. I know they are great songs, Scars Of Yesterday and Strike Of The Ninja. they both have lots of effects in them which is cool.
Back to top Go down
Chaosdragon94
Soldier
Soldier
Chaosdragon94

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:37 pm

TCJacko wrote:
Chaosdragon94 wrote:

I dont have the special edition album, so I can't really. I know they are great songs, Scars Of Yesterday and Strike Of The Ninja. they both have lots of effects in them which is cool.
Don't forget E.P.M, silly.
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:41 pm

Chaosdragon94 wrote:
TCJacko wrote:
Chaosdragon94 wrote:

there are three? the video game stuff in epm is epic. i didnt know there were three tho.
Back to top Go down
Chaosdragon94
Soldier
Soldier
Chaosdragon94

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:47 pm

TCJacko wrote:
Chaosdragon94 wrote:
TCJacko wrote:
Chaosdragon94 wrote:

there are three? the video game stuff in epm is epic. i didnt know there were three tho.
Uhh :/
9) Strike of the Ninja
10) Scars of Yesterday
11) E.P.M (Extreme Power Metal)
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 pm

Then what did you think E.P.M. was?
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 8:52 am

Rokai wrote:
Then what did you think E.P.M. was?

i thought that was just a side project song from Shadow Warrior or Shadow Ninja or whatever you call it.
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 9:01 am

No, Strike of the Ninja was from Shadow Warriors.
Back to top Go down
Chaosdragon94
Soldier
Soldier
Chaosdragon94

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:45 pm

Ya, originally it was Feel the Fire.

Anyways, what do you mean Rokai, about E.P.M?
Back to top Go down
Metal Dragon
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Metal Dragon

Male Number of posts : 373
User Points : 89
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:29 pm

I'm glad that Herman and Sam deleted Vadim's solo. Vadim's solo sounded like pop! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:37 pm

Yeah that sucked.

Chaosdragon: nothing really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]   DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown [Review]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next