PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Slipknot with Trivium and Coheed & Cambria Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
Slipknot with Trivium and Coheed & Cambria I_vote_lcapSlipknot with Trivium and Coheed & Cambria I_voting_barSlipknot with Trivium and Coheed & Cambria I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
Slipknot with Trivium and Coheed & Cambria I_vote_lcapSlipknot with Trivium and Coheed & Cambria I_voting_barSlipknot with Trivium and Coheed & Cambria I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

Slipknot with Trivium and Coheed & Cambria

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 282
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Slipknot with Trivium and Coheed & Cambria Empty
PostSubject: Slipknot with Trivium and Coheed & Cambria   Slipknot with Trivium and Coheed & Cambria Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:42 pm

First off, sorry this is late. I've been a bit sick, and also just had general life to put up with. So, I mentioned I've been sick. It's just a very persistent cold. Not anything that bad, but the thing is, I actually started getting sick the night or two before the concert. So that's always fun. Fortionatly, taking over 9000 pills, and bringing Vicks Vapor Rub saved my life. (Or atleast something made by Vicks. Similar product, but it's in a little chapstick-like bottle.)

The actual concert itself was pretty bad ass. Trivium came on first, and played a wonderful show. Except for whatever stupid reason, they were only up for 15 minutes! So then Co&Ca come on, and open with Welcome Home. I will say that is a pretty decent song, but the rest of their set was just.....boring. I have a pretty open mind. I'm also easily entertained. So, as much as I didn't like them opening for Slipknot, I was thinking that I could enjoy the set. I mean it's a metal concert, right? There HAS to be a mosh pit somewhere. Or at least an excited crowd jumping, screaming, and throwing the horns? Nope. For the entire thirty minute set, the band would play a song. Hardly anyone would move, or scream. Then when they finished, there was a polite golf clap. By the way, you did read that right. Trivium only got a 15 min set, while Coheed and fucking Cambria got a 30 min set! [Insert rage here]

So they finally finish, and a big fancy red curtain drops. I'm on the side, so I can see a little of what their doing behind the curtain. Then after a long ass wait, they started playing (515) and 742617000027 over the speakers. Somewhere during this, the curtain starts rising, and the band is standing on the stage. When 742617000027 finishes, they kick into (SIC). Of course, the crowd goes wild. About 30 minutes into the show, something gets fucked up with the sound, and there's this annoying beep. It goes through a song, and one of Cory's speeches. Finally, Chris--the guy with the long nose-- and Clown jumped of stage, walked to the back where the sound equipment was, threw something on the ground, and beat the shit out of it. I'm not quite sure what they broke, but the beep did go away. They did go through the crowd a few other times (Not on a mission to destroy equipment.) So I got a chance to shake both their hands.

Also, on stage, there were three drum sets. (Not counting the marching drums that were pulled out for a few songs.) A giant round one in the back, and two smaller ones with kegs and such on either side of the stage. Both of these were spinning in 180 degree circles during the show. (Not continuous.) And the one on the left (Chris's) could also buck like a mechanical bull. Which when it was, typically another band member would run over to it, jump on, and ride it. (Even if Chris was beating the shit out of it with a lead pipe at the moment.) The drum set on the right (Clown's) also spun, but instead of bucking, it rose up in the air about 10 ft. There was also a big flat screen TV on the front, and a camera on either side. One pointing back, one pointing forward. And when the drumset was up in the air, band members would climb on it, or hang off with one arm while it spun, and shit. Then at the very end, they did the crazy test, which they do at every concert. They play Spit It Out and Jump The Fuck Up. Everyone in the audience, kneels down, and when Cory yells "JUMP THE FUCK UP!", everyone jumps up and starts moshing. That in and of itself is a pretty awesome thing to be part of, but while we were down on the floor, the big drumset in the back started rising up. (I'm not exactly sure how high it went though.) And then it tilted towards us, and when it was perpendicular to the stage, started spinning. After that, they left the stage, and 'Till We Die played over the speakers. I wish they'd played that one live, as it's one of my favorites, but oh well.

Videos:
If anyone has gone to my profile on Youtube, they know that I have a few videos from the concerts that I've been to recently. (Atleast, I try to get the ones from my shows. There's a couple that I had to get from others simply because the quality was so much better) I have some from this one, but the camera is a bit shaky. Still though, they're the best that I've found.

Psychosocial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50IUobhFs8g&feature=channel_page -Decent audio/video

Surfacing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LXnC4_lJLQ&feature=channel_page - First couple minutes are just chanting for an encore. After that it has really good video. (Shows the drums spinning, and rising.) Can't make out the lyrics very much though.

Crazy test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o3puTp7m4g&feature=channel_page -Differant guy recording. Bit further back, but great quality.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5

Slipknot with Trivium and Coheed & Cambria
Page 1 of 1