PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
metal on the radio - Page 2 Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
metal on the radio - Page 2 I_vote_lcapmetal on the radio - Page 2 I_voting_barmetal on the radio - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
metal on the radio - Page 2 I_vote_lcapmetal on the radio - Page 2 I_voting_barmetal on the radio - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

metal on the radio

Go down 
+12
Vggamegod
Jenul
balrog
DreamCatcher
Metallhead123
Thebobert5
PowerMetalLivesOn
Rokai
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
TCJacko
yoshimitsublade13
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-18

metal on the radio - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:33 am

I'm pretty sure there's a website or program or whatever you can make radio broadcasts with. One of my acquiantanes do radio broadcasts. I'll ask him how to do it.

EDIT: http://www.poromenos.org/tutorials/icecast
Here's how to do it. It seems you need a huge upload speed...too bad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

Male Number of posts : 605
User Points : 26
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:57 pm

Heard Strapping Young Lads on the radio today. Thats a first.
Back to top Go down
Jenul
Soldier
Soldier
Jenul

Male Number of posts : 109
User Points : 153
Registration date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:55 am

I haven't seen any Rock or Metal station in Denmark. We just have some stations with mixed music(AND NO METAL!!!). Uhm, sometimes they play Nickelback and The Killers? lol! Sometimes they play an old Creedence Clearwater Revival song and such... And on the "Hit FM" they sometimes play some Punk...

The heaviest thing they have ever played on the radio I have heard was Disturbed - Indestructible. The only Metal song I have heard on the radio
Back to top Go down
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:48 am

here they play rap, r&b, gospel, pop, and country - never metal...it sucks ass

heaviest song i ever heard on radio here was i think Plain White T's 'Sad Story ;/
Back to top Go down
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
BuzzPhil

Male Number of posts : 458
User Reputation : 3
User Points : 533
Registration date : 2009-06-25

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:56 pm

In Montreal... The best radio channel is Chom FM... They're playing Classic Rock, Hard Rock and some time Metallica... The heaviest song played on our radio is Enter Sandman.
Back to top Go down
holliday46
Soldier
Soldier
holliday46

Male Number of posts : 114
User Points : 130
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:15 pm

yea in the states its all shit heaviest songs they will play is some tallica, of course nothing pre black album anyways. airwaves (and ppl) are polluted with the hip hop and rap nonsense. come to think of it nothing outside the bounds of disturbed occasional gnr or ac/dc or tallica will ever air on the radio, makes me sad
but i do love pandora it almost never plays songs i dont like
Back to top Go down
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
BuzzPhil

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 5:56 pm

The only Metallica songs playing on our Radio is Enter Sandman, The Day That Never Comes and Whiskey In The Jar.
Back to top Go down
Metallhead123
Warrior King
Warrior King
Metallhead123

Male Number of posts : 539
User Reputation : 5
User Points : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 8:00 pm

I plan on opening up a 24 hour radio stream and perhaps voice DJing for 2 hours a day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MetalHeadOwnage
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 282

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 12:45 am

I just got a new car (2009 black Hyundai Accent) and it comes with 3 months of free XM radio. I gotta say that I'm absolutely loving the metal stations. Not only do they play stuff that that's more popular, but there's also bands that I never thought would be popular enough to see radio play. (The only two that come to mind--becouse I heard them tonight--are Jezebel by Acid Bath and Skindred....I think Choices and Decisions.) Plus everything is uncensored. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 4:26 am

Thebobert5 wrote:
I just got a new car (2009 black Hyundai Accent) and it comes with 3 months of free XM radio. I gotta say that I'm absolutely loving the metal stations. Not only do they play stuff that that's more popular, but there's also bands that I never thought would be popular enough to see radio play. (The only two that come to mind--becouse I heard them tonight--are Jezebel by Acid Bath and Skindred....I think Choices and Decisions.) Plus everything is uncensored. cheers

Lol, you went Korean automobile. Wink
I wanted to get a Hyundai Sonata once, just to put on a bumper sticker that says "Arctica" right below the Sonata part. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
BuzzPhil

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:01 am

WinterSon wrote:
Thebobert5 wrote:

I wanted to get a Hyundai Sonata once, just to put on a bumper sticker that says "Arctica" right below the Sonata part. Razz

I always wanna do the same!!!
Back to top Go down
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

Male Number of posts : 360
User Points : 367
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:02 am

BuzzPhil wrote:
WinterSon wrote:
Thebobert5 wrote:

Mmh I hate Hyundai Sonata as a car but the name is good Wink I'd get Dodge Avenger, Audi A4, BMW 5:er or a Mazda CX-7 more likely but I have just a lightweight motorcycle Razz But it is a good one too. Yamaha YZF-R125 08.
Back to top Go down
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Points : 282

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:13 pm

Between the dealer doubling the $4,500 for Cash for Clunkers, other discounts, and a tax write off, it only cost me $2k. So I don't care if it's made by US, Korea, or Fisher Price. Two grand for a new car + ~46 miles to the gallon = I'm sold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
WinterSon
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
WinterSon

Male Number of posts : 475
User Reputation : 10
User Points : 467
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 4:57 pm

Thebobert5 wrote:
Between the dealer doubling the $4,500 for Cash for Clunkers, other discounts, and a tax write off, it only cost me $2k. So I don't care if it's made by US, Korea, or Fisher Price. Two grand for a new car + ~46 miles to the gallon = I'm sold.

Hey, i'm the most pro Korean and Japanese car person in the world. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://alizee-forum.com
Vggamegod
Warrior King
Warrior King
Vggamegod

Male Number of posts : 724
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 6:26 pm

WinterSon wrote:

Hey, i'm the most pro Korean and Japanese chick person in the world. Razz

Truth is spoken.
Back to top Go down
BuzzPhil
Crown Prince
Crown Prince
BuzzPhil

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 6:29 pm

Vggamegod wrote:
WinterSon wrote:

Hey, i'm the most pro Korean and Japanese chick person in the world. Razz

Truth is spoken.

I don't know why but on this forum, truth always need to be spoken...
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 3:33 pm

infernoRS wrote:
BuzzPhil wrote:
WinterSon wrote:
Thebobert5 wrote:

Mmh I hate Hyundai Sonata as a car but the name is good Wink I'd get Dodge Avenger, Audi A4, BMW 5:er or a Mazda CX-7 more likely but I have just a lightweight motorcycle Razz But it is a good one too. Yamaha YZF-R125 08.
Uhh, What the fuck is a YZF-R125 08. I am very up to date on Yamaha's North American line and there ain't shit that sounds like that in there. Please indulge me in the Scandinavian motorcycle scene. We have shitty puritan laws here in the US and I like to know how the rest of the world operates.
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Well, I just read the entire thread<-----is that the right word, from beginning to end and I've learned two things. One; metal gets no love the world over on the radio. I had this mental image of this sweet ass station in Finland that just blasted Sonata Arctica and Nightwish all the way to North Africa. That is obviously not the case. And two; thebobert might be gay. I mean a Hyndai? Wow? If I could have any new ride it would be a black 2010 Ford F-150 STX to pull my black 2010 Ford Mustang GT behind. As you may have guessed this American will partake of the Detroit steel. As of right now I'm rockin the city bus thought, here in central Florida misdemeanor possession of marijuana will cost you your drivers license for a cool two years. So in hindsight maybe I'm the one that's gay. Just listened to Stratovarius - Paradise as I posted this. Pretty tasty jam. Long live this site.
Back to top Go down
infernoRS
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
infernoRS

Male Number of posts : 360
User Points : 367
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:00 am

yoshimitsublade13 wrote:
infernoRS wrote:
Uhh, What the fuck is a YZF-R125 08. I am very up to date on Yamaha's North American line and there ain't shit that sounds like that in there. Please indulge me in the Scandinavian motorcycle scene. We have shitty puritan laws here in the US and I like to know how the rest of the world operates.
I know that you Americans are totally out of that business Cool R125 is the lightweight (full sized tho lol) 125cc brother of YZF-R1 and R6 (which I think you have on sale as well in US) but as much as I know R125 will never be able in the US, just in EU I quess (India has R15 150cc tho which is a poor one after all). In Finland at least you get to drive 125ccs at 16's. Somewhere else it is 17. I've been very pleased with it. Top speed is about 80mp/h or 125-130km/h.

There's some tech info: http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/products/motorcycles/supersport/yzf-r125.jsp?view=techspecs

And a bigger pic: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/2008-YZF-R125-static-03_tcm.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

metal on the radio
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2