PowerMetalLivesOn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerMetalLivesOn

We Shall Die For Metal! Horns Up Brothers!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
metal on the radio Dlgn6g
Statistics
We have 361 registered users
The newest registered user is hpp1976

Our users have posted a total of 14467 messages in 1099 subjects
Top posters
Rokai
metal on the radio I_vote_lcapmetal on the radio I_voting_barmetal on the radio I_vote_rcap 
PowerMetalLivesOn
metal on the radio I_vote_lcapmetal on the radio I_voting_barmetal on the radio I_vote_rcap 
TCJacko
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
Vggamegod
yoshimitsublade13
Metallhead123
balrog
WinterSon
Forum. Discuss heavy metal and its sub-genres. Off topic area aswell. Great place for metalheads to meet up.

metal on the radio

Go down 
+12
Vggamegod
Jenul
balrog
DreamCatcher
Metallhead123
Thebobert5
PowerMetalLivesOn
Rokai
NightwalkerRicku
metaldrummer93
TCJacko
yoshimitsublade13
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

Male Number of posts : 605
User Reputation : 0
User Points : 26
Registration date : 2008-12-11

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 11:45 am

so this sight has the power metal fans from all over the world, here in florida, usa, there is way no damned thing as a metal station, not by a far sight. one garbage radio rock station here were im at so i can listen to the same metallica, green day, guns and roses, etc, etc, i've been listening to my whole life.(garbage to me at this point). but i've heard speak this is not the case in europe, where it is nothing(i've been told) for nightwish, sonata arctica, iced earth, blind guardian, etc, etc, to come on the radio. so tell us all about the garbage or greatness being broadcast to you and yours. i realize that the digital age is upon us and things like satellite radio and the gaining popularity of mp3 and like formats is making it easyer but we all still get stuck listening to the radio at some point.
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Reputation : 1
User Points : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-18

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:23 pm

You get Metallica and GNR? The UK radios here are full of crap like R&B and Rap.

There is a station called ROCK FM, which might as well be R&B FM, because it has never played one rock song. It's disgraceful. I hope somebody eventually comes up with a metal radio, or in particular a Power metal radio. Wouldnt mind Blind Guardian or Dragonforce blasting in the ride!
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:29 pm

what, its called rock radio and playes rap, wow, that sucks for you man.. well your from the uk and theres no decent metal on the radio there, wow, i had been living a lie. i guess i was hoping it would be differant there at least, you dont have a station that occasionaly plays not crap, and bye the bye, its only like two or three metallica or gnr songs just looped, sadly hearing once good music over and over and watchin yuppie duesh bags jam to it kills almost anything
Back to top Go down
metaldrummer93
Warrior King
Warrior King
metaldrummer93

Male Number of posts : 764
User Points : 76
Registration date : 2008-12-15

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:30 pm

There's radio in the UK?? I thought it was just a random noise?? lol!

yeah, the radio is terrible here too..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jasbmetaldrummer
NightwalkerRicku
Warrior King
Warrior King
NightwalkerRicku

Male Number of posts : 794
User Points : 380
Registration date : 2008-11-16

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:47 pm

we have a metal station called Atlantis but they sometimes change the programm and play rap too. well at least its better than nothing Very Happy

PS. in greece there is that rock FM too and it plays shitty stuff like good charlote , britney spears and (of course ) viva la vida.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ricku13
metaldrummer93
Warrior King
Warrior King
metaldrummer93

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:50 pm

lucky people...getting metal music on the radio
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

Male Number of posts : 1637
User Points : 2

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:25 pm

We have a pretty good rock radio in Hungary. They don't play Power Metal but at least they always play rock/heavy metal......too bad they have a sport news section every hour for about 20 minutes.....like a whole lot of things happen in one hour.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Kistarcsa
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

Male Number of posts : 1606
User Reputation : 7
User Points : 542
Registration date : 2008-11-10

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 3:15 pm

there is an independant station called power metal FM...........................not
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/powermetalliveson
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 4:02 pm

wow that is really shitty, no power metal on the airwaves
Back to top Go down
Thebobert5
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Thebobert5

Male Number of posts : 352
User Points : 282

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 10:51 pm

I seem to recall a halfway decent station in Florida. (Perhaps near Pensacola?)....Better than anything in Alabama. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thebobert5
metaldrummer93
Warrior King
Warrior King
metaldrummer93

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 1:45 am

PowerMetalLivesOn wrote:
there is an independant station called power metal FM...........................not

I wish Viking
Back to top Go down
Metallhead123
Warrior King
Warrior King
Metallhead123

Male Number of posts : 539
User Reputation : 5
User Points : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 4:23 am

People from the UK seem to be leaving out Bruce Dickinson's 3 Hour radio show, dedicated to Metal on fridays!
Also Kerrang plays more metal on the radio than on the TV station, they have Maiden Hours, Metallica Hours, Heavy Metal Happy Hours, everything and we've also got Planet Rock who play a lot of Classic Metal too like Deep Purple, Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Sabbath and bands like that.
Then there is Virgin Radio who play, well classic rock but yeah, there's a few, you just need a DAB radio or tune in to BBC Radio 1 on Fridays at like 9pm.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MetalHeadOwnage
metaldrummer93
Warrior King
Warrior King
metaldrummer93

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 4:28 am

If you go on winamp on the internet, and download it, you can get loads of metal stations, there are a few power metal ones Horns
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 4:35 am

Yeah like heaymetalradio dot com. I like that. You can even request songs.
Back to top Go down
metaldrummer93
Warrior King
Warrior King
metaldrummer93

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:33 am

Yeah it's cool Horns
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 8:16 am

I'm so impressed by Pont FM.
We were cooking gingerbread (that's so metal) and I turned on the radio and they were playing POWER QUEST!!!! Don't know which song though.
Back to top Go down
yoshimitsublade13
Warrior King
Warrior King
yoshimitsublade13

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 8:26 am

Thebobert5 wrote:
I seem to recall a halfway decent station in Florida. (Perhaps near Pensacola?)....Better than anything in Alabama. Sad

there was and there was a half assed one out of tampa, but they all met the same end, gone. are all stations in the uk bbc something, no xklr's or any of that jazz. baking ginger bread men is metal as hell (if powerquest is involved). do any of you guys use the pandora site, its kinda wishy washy, sonata arctica, kamelot, journey<---wtf
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:00 pm

PontFM, Hungary's only metal radio has stopped broadcasting! How am I going to listen to the news instead of music? *cries*
Back to top Go down
TCJacko
Warrior King
Warrior King
TCJacko

Male Number of posts : 1372
Location : Somewhere Back In Time...on the Cliffs Of Dover...the Valley Of The Damned..Inside The Winter Storm
User Points : 228

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Metallhead123 wrote:
People from the UK seem to be leaving out Bruce Dickinson's 3 Hour radio show, dedicated to Metal on fridays!
Also Kerrang plays more metal on the radio than on the TV station, they have Maiden Hours, Metallica Hours, Heavy Metal Happy Hours, everything and we've also got Planet Rock who play a lot of Classic Metal too like Deep Purple, Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Sabbath and bands like that.
Then there is Virgin Radio who play, well classic rock but yeah, there's a few, you just need a DAB radio or tune in to BBC Radio 1 on Fridays at like 9pm.

Yeah Bruce's 3 hours are pretty cool.

He's talking to Judas Priest on the 13th Feb! Can't miss it!
Oh btw it is on BBC Radio I think, Fridays at 21:00 to midnight.
BBC Radio frequency is 98.15
Back to top Go down
DreamCatcher
Traveller
Traveller
DreamCatcher

Male Number of posts : 32
User Points : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-16

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:48 pm

yoshimitsublade13 wrote:
what, its called rock radio and playes rap, wow, that sucks for you man.. well your from the uk and theres no decent metal on the radio there, wow, i had been living a lie. i guess i was hoping it would be differant there at least, you dont have a station that occasionaly plays not crap, and bye the bye, its only like two or three metallica or gnr songs just looped, sadly hearing once good music over and over and watchin yuppie duesh bags jam to it kills almost anything

There are some stations which can play rock occasionally but its rock like kaiser cheifs, keane, foo fighters ect. Metal music here is shamed on by the music industry powers and very much forced underground. Last year the council in Leeds formed a plan to send even the fans of metal music underground by turning an alternative shopping circle (corn exchange) into a food court. they then gave somewhere for the alternative fans to go by forming a during the day gig where bands could play and the fans could hang out. even the venue was underground haha! I have a friend who works fairly high up for the leeds council, she was in a conference when they were discussing the subject. They were even saying things like "these dirty moshers are ugly and are bringing the city down with them with their dirty image".

Sorry for the big story but yeah england is not the metal haven you thought it was unfortunately the fans are on their own to keep the metal alive here, no form of mainstreme media will even recognise the existance of metal. Fortunately England does have a very dedicated metal fanbase which means once small festivals like bloodstock have turned into worldwide metal attactions. We did lose prog power unfortunately because of the lack of interest but prog metal here is near on hated by the metal community, sad but true unfortunately.

If you have ever been to germany however it is quite different there. We (dreamcatcher) had a short explore around hamburg before getting the bus to wacken and there are metal posters even in the street! I saw a scar symmetry poster, nuclear blast and an after forever poster all on one street! I have heard in Finland its even better!

All we can do is support the online metal stations. Their are some really good ones, check out Progulus and wykkyd bry Radio.

http://www.wykkydbruradio.com
http://www.progulus.com/rprweb/playing.php
Back to top Go down
DreamCatcher
Traveller
Traveller
DreamCatcher

Male Number of posts : 32
User Points : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-16

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:53 pm

Maybe one day PMLO will do its own pre recorded powermetal shows Wink hint hint lol. Just think.... it could have interviews and powermetal news and everything! hehe i think you guys could pull it off, you do have a very successful youtube channel maybe you could use that for the interviews!
Back to top Go down
balrog
Warrior King
Warrior King
balrog

Male Number of posts : 507
User Reputation : 4
User Points : 40
Registration date : 2008-11-15

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:57 pm

DreamCatcher wrote:
Maybe one day PMLO will do its own pre recorded powermetal shows Wink hint hint lol. Just think.... it could have interviews and powermetal news and everything! hehe i think you guys could pull it off, you do have a very successful youtube channel maybe you could use that for the interviews!

and they could have DreamCatcher mention them at every concert XD
Back to top Go down
http://freewebs.com/hallflukai
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:46 pm

DreamCatcher wrote:

one day
Back to top Go down
Rokai
Warrior King
Warrior King
Rokai

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 6:28 am

Good idea Dream Catcher!
Back to top Go down
PowerMetalLivesOn
Warrior King
Warrior King
PowerMetalLivesOn

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:14 am

and how do you propose this is done?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

metal on the radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: metal on the radio   metal on the radio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

metal on the radio
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next